Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Remapping and modding injection bike DIY or Garage ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

90Ninety
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:50 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Remapping and modding injection bike DIY or Garage ? Reply with quote

Hey Folks , just pondering a few things to improve the feel of the bike

After replacing the OEM/Factory Zorst ( full system with CAT) I understand it is 'advised' to get the ecu remapped . I understand a garage can do this for about £200-£300 . It is an Injection bike ( spec below ) . I feel it needs to be done but , debating the best way forward .
If you are anything like me ( tight as asses with a penchant for DIY ) would you get a 'DIY' mapping kit ?
Personally I get a bit of an ego boost ( no pun intended) doing things myself . I have serviced the fundamentals on bikes and cars myself ( family with lots of women Rolling Eyes ) for around 5 years and am considering doing a remap myself. On the other hand , I do not wish to study a 200 page manual on re-mapping
After I replaced the Zorst , I feel the fueling/ Throttle is not smooth . It currently feels there is too much of an aggressive acceleration curve. ( Kind of ' All or nothing'_ .
I imagine the throttle curve could be larger/wider , with more range available throughout the throttle .
The bike also 'feels' like its slightly struggling for air , it just sounds like it needs more air . I guess an induction kit would help with this . It still has the OEM one .
The bike is also very vibey but not at the usual places , handlebars have no vibe at all , but the brake lever gets very irritating at 70 MPH but goes at 80MPH

Bike is a Yamaha XJ6n ( AKA FZ6R - Colloquially Fazer) 2009 .
Changed a few things :
Drive chain modified ( 16t>17 T Front Sprocket , 43>42 Rear Sprocket ) For more top end Torque
520> 525 ( thicker Chain upgrade)

Your thoughts/ Ideas are appreciated
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:55 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: Remapping and modding injection bike DIY or Garage ? Reply with quote

90Ninety wrote:
H
Drive chain modified ( 16t>17 T Front Sprocket , 43>42 Rear Sprocket ) For more top end Torque

Your thoughts/ Ideas are appreciated

You cannot increase torque without modifying the engine in some way, what you have done is changed the gearing.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIY

https://gegshop.nl/en/fz6/38366-ejk-electronic-jet-kit-gen-3-tune-module-yamaha-fz6-r-2004-2016.html

I want to get one for my bike, but am looking for a guinea pig Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

slowside
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could buy a Power Commander (or equivalent), fit it yourself and download a ready-made map.

Obviously you’ve no idea how well it is really running (though I think they do offer a wide band add on) without dyno time.

That will still set you back several hundred though.

From my car days, it was popular to reflash Honda ECUs to run Crome, which was an open source editor so you could write your own maps from scratch. Cost was minimal if you did it yourself, but it wasn’t for the faint hearted. Writing fuel and ignition LUTs by hand and then road tuning them is not easy.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 226 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1