Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Labour!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
If they choose another such character, or any token minority/female/disabled(?)

Dianne qualifies for all three!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but she's still a fox!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
. Poll Tax anyone? Shocked

Why not? It charged everyone fairly and equally based upon how many public services they used.
Why should a house with 15 Romanians living in it, pay the same as a retired couple?

TBH I didn't have a problem with it in principle, it's a textbook example of "being right" not being enough, in political terms, as Mr. Corbyn has just found out Smile
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Corbyn was supposedly going to take away the single persons 25% discount.

That's because he knows you spend yours on jazz-mags, tissues and pizza...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
linuxyeti This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to the broader outlook for labour, at the moment, it's not great, as they are seemingly delusional in the face of defeat, not preparing to really admit it's Corbyn, his cronies, and their policies that were the reasons they lost the election.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
This should cheer you up.

Here's a nice story about some pikeys who live off benefits due to their multiple "disabled" (ADHD, mild atuism etc fake disabilities) children, whilst having won £4M on an online slot machine with £60 the guy didn't need for food for the kids.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/eltham-mum-hits-back-after-3650664

That is pretty bad
Thomas, a former traveller
At least he won't have to nick ought anymore.

"Monthly I would say we were taking in just under £3,000-a-month"
If you factor tax in, you'd have to be earning over £50k a year to match that. Not a bad income for sitting on your batty playing bet365 all day Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Some of us prefer to have the freedom of doing what we want, when we want and don't need someone constantly telling us how "special" we are, in order to cope with real life.
We're all free to live life how we want. I'd rather be me than you for many reasons and certainly wouldn't want to swap places. Maybe you could try to accept that?

You and your type not being able to comprehend that others don't see life as you do, is one of the worst attributes of "i'm right and you're all wrong" lefties.

Oh dear, touched a nerve, strange how you know nothing about me, I also don't need anybody to tell me how special I am, and, where on earth do you get this 'lefties' approach, I'm ambidextrous Laughing Laughing In fact you come on the forum, try and hijack as many posts as possible to try and find just some degree of acceptance of your views. You're desperate for affirmation, and want to be seen as the victim, whereas, really, you're just sad & lonely, desperate to leave the country, so, you can buy some new friends in another country.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah but Cameron (and probably other politicians) did exactly that too. If they can claim then others can.
Definitely sh*tty behaviour spending the kids money on his own entertainment though.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disabled child - the one who died.

https://www.satonmybutt.co.uk/sam-cameron-says-sons-death-made-dave-understanding/

'Ivan Cameron, who had cerebral palsy and epilepsy, died in hospital aged six in February 2009 and David and Samantha Cameron received non means tested benefits in the form of Direct Payments towards Ivan’s care package. The Cameron’s also applied for DLA for Ivan despite having an inheritance'

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably faint at the sight of this page

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2014/10/02/camerons-cynical-use-of-his-late-son-is-enough-to-turn-anyones-stomach/

so how about the Daily Mirror?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cbb-viewers-say-david-cameron-5052146

It's right across the internet and was well known at the time. They claimed for their son and were also given respite care for free.
When their son died, Cameron then slashed benefits to thousands and put more hurdles in the way of disability claims. He's a c*nt.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Labour had one shot at populism, and that was with Corbyn. He did pretty well in 2017 but this year was clearly the end of it.

If they choose another such character, or any token minority/female/disabled(?) who isn't actually up to the job, then they will be toast for years to come.

Given the way the election went, and the way that public opinion seems to be focused overall, I think it's pretty clear that the only thing that can save Labour is another Tony Blair character. I don't mean exactly like him, but a bog standard MP in a suit who speaks sensibly, with no shadowy past, and comes cross as "centrist but on Labour's terms",

Lammy, no way.

I say this as a raging diehard Corbynista lefty. I want Labour to now be led by a boring "out of touch" garden variety MP who the public can get to know and warm up to over the next 5 years. I think Brexit furore is past its zenith, and with that issue leaving the hysterical public eye there will be a quick return to a desire for normal, non-populist politics. I hope.

It depends how Boris gets on. So far he seems to be pretty good at sticking to his word and delivering. At that rate Labour could really struggle to contest those northern Labour seats in 5 years time. If thats the case then it may make more sense to just appeal all out to the London metropolitan elites.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:39 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
SS...... So we just have to believe it happened because the left wing gutter rag said it did, but can offer no proof?

I’ll pass thanks SS.

You're like a 5 year old with his fingers in his ears shouting ' la, la, la, I can't hear you'

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:24 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT WAS all over the media at the time - many outlets simply dampened it or buried it beneath other stories. Can you not remember when Cameron hauled his henchman Ian Duncan Smith on board to do the deeds to thousands of disabled people? Can you not remember the accusations of IDS murdering the most vulnerable in society? We're talking about that period in time.
Dude no smoke without fire.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:23 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would it be a massive scandle? Us lefties expect people to claim what they are due.

That's the thing about non-means tested benefits like DLA they are about your disability,not how much money you have....

And quite frankly, right wingers tend to be more money grabbing than those on the left, as this story shows.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 8 of 19