Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Labour!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 02 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I have no issues with homosexuality just like I have no issues with coloured people. What I have issues with is when it is used as a political weapon that can destroy peoples lives. Say something 'wrong' in the eyes of the rabid fanatics and get yourself pilloried as racist, trans/homophobic etc. The reason I lumped them in together is that the same way of attacking anyone who doesn't show the acceptable acquiescence is used by all these groups.

Big up the 'group'. Use evocative words like racist, Islamophobic, Homophobic against people who do not comply with your specific criteria and crucify them. We aren't talking Tommy Robinson here, we are talking run of the mill people getting shit because they won't come out and actively support the 'cause'.

I don't like BLM, I won't go on a BLM march but that doesn't mean I don't want everyone to have the same chances in society. Same with homosexuality, I won't go on a 'pride' march or fly a rainbow flag on my boat because I, probably being old school, think that's something that is a personal and private choice whatever the way you bat.

^ Well put.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 02 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I have no issues with homosexuality just like I have no issues with coloured people. What I have issues with is when it is used as a political weapon that can destroy peoples lives. Say something 'wrong' in the eyes of the rabid fanatics and get yourself pilloried as racist, trans/homophobic etc. The reason I lumped them in together is that the same way of attacking anyone who doesn't show the acceptable acquiescence is used by all these groups.

Big up the 'group'. Use evocative words like racist, Islamophobic, Homophobic against people who do not comply with your specific criteria and crucify them. We aren't talking Tommy Robinson here, we are talking run of the mill people getting shit because they won't come out and actively support the 'cause'.

I don't like BLM, I won't go on a BLM march but that doesn't mean I don't want everyone to have the same chances in society. Same with homosexuality, I won't go on a 'pride' march or fly a rainbow flag on my boat because I, probably being old school, think that's something that is a personal and private choice whatever the way you bat.

Wise words indeed Very Happy

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 02 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the first sentence, where you can't say c******* people. That's racist. You must say "People of Colour"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 02 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I certainly agree on free speech. Hetrosexuals who fly pride flags are usually trying to virtue signal. Virtue signalling is bad so you are right not to fly one. With Brighton pride cancelled this year the liberal elites living in Surrey will miss out on their opporunity to go along to get some Instagram pictures to show their friends how fashionably PC they are.

panrider_uk wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

BAME people get stuff, homosexual people do not. You often seem to confuse your personal dislike of homosexuality with the issue of minority special treatment. If anything homosexuals get worse treatment from the government as they tend to earn more money, and have higher disposable incomes, yet have to pay for services that most of them have no use for.

What services do homosexuals pay for that others don't?

I didn't say that. I said that homosexuals have to pay foir services that they don't use. Homosexuals cannot have children, so anything related to children for a start. I'm not advocating it as a policy because obviously everyone would just register as gay for the tax cut. Personally I identify as a multisexual attack helicopter.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 02 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Apart from the first sentence, where you can't say c******* people. That's racist. You must say "People of Colour"

OK, call me stupid but I really really don't get that saying. People of colour? WTF does that mean. Am I part of the group people of non colour or if you call me gammon, then surely I'm a person of pink colour Rolling Eyes

Sorry, that's one PC piece of crap I won't be subscribing to which leaves me wide open to exactly the sort of attack I was talking about in the above post.

'You called me coloured, you must be racist - Burn the whitey'

or

'You called me a person of colour, you understand our crusade - Join us on a mission (white) brother!

Rolling Eyes It's all utter bollox in my view.

Last edited by Polarbear on 22:03 - 02 Jul 2020; edited 1 time in total

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 02 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I wouldn't rule out them requiring us to all bow when a BAME walks past.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

panrider_uk wrote:

What services do homosexuals pay for that others don't?

I didn't say that. I said that homosexuals have to pay foir services that they don't use. Homosexuals cannot have children, so anything related to children for a start. I'm not advocating it as a policy because obviously everyone would just register as gay for the tax cut. Personally I identify as a multisexual attack helicopter.

We couldn't have kids yet I still pay for schools, family credit (or whatever it's called these days) though my taxes.

Absolutely nothing to do with sexuality or race.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

We couldn't have kids yet I still pay for schools, family credit (or whatever it's called these days) though my taxes.

Absolutely nothing to do with sexuality or race.

Well then you'd be entitled to the rebate too! In fact, you'd get two rebates, one each Wink

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:47 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

OK, call me stupid but I really really don't get that saying. People of colour? WTF does that mean. Am I part of the group people of non colour or if you call me gammon, then surely I'm a person of pink colour Rolling Eyes

Definition is essentially anyone that isn't white / of European heritage. It's hilarious really - remember what Jonathan Pie said about identity politics grouping them all together and then sub-dividing them back down into smaller and smaller groups?

Well:
https://www.wired.com/story/rethinking-phrase-people-of-color/

Quote:
she wrote. “That means correcting failed drug policies that disproportionately hurt people of color, & creating new opportunities for people of color to participate in the industry.” There was just one problem with the tweet: Harris meant to say black people.

It wasn’t people of color, that idiomatic casserole of cultures and identities, it was black people—and black men in particular.

She wanted, she said, to help reverse the impact of hurt on “communities of color.” The points were valid, however vague or late or politically well-timed, but mostly they were beside the larger point. Like so many of her contemporaries, Harris’ cultural corralling—tacking on the very unspecific modifier “of color” without explicitly detailing which “people” or what “communities”—is what ultimately spoke volumes.

California's junior senator is among a growing contingent of public figures, media publications, and online culture warriors who, in recent months, are helping grind the phrase people of color into a pile of dust. Look around and you might assume that the expression has never felt more in vogue than it is at this very moment. You would not be wrong.

You literally cannot make this stuff up Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok here, because my daughter has a 'mixed heritage' mate who is well up on colour-politics, and she is quick to point out what I can say and what I can't.

At the moment 'mixed heritage' is still ok, BAME is out, 'people of colour' is on its way out, 'black' is out, 'Asian' is out etc etc....

Once the new acceptable term for non-white comes out, I'll let you all know Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resent the term "white". I want to be referred to as "sort of pinkish". Of course, if you call me that when I have a deep suntan, I'll resent that too.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I resent the term "white". I want to be referred to as "sort of pinkish". Of course, if you call me that when I have a deep suntan, I'll resent that too.

The PC term for white people could be "master" or "sir"

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:01 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I resent the term "white". I want to be referred to as "sort of pinkish".

Gammon would be OK I think. Rolling Eyes Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

The PC term for white people could be "master" or "sir"

Ooh, you little shit-stirrer you! Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I resent the term "white". I want to be referred to as "sort of pinkish".

Gammon would be OK I think. Rolling Eyes Thinking

I want something I choose, not something chosen for me.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about 'Northern European with an acknowledgement that my ancestors will have come from all over and most likely originated in Africa, when they would have been as black as your hat'.

That sums it up. Bit of a gob-full though, so would need a catchy anacronym like:

NEAAOABH

Likewise, black people in Britain could be 'Black Northern European with an acknowledgement that my ancestors will have come from all over and most likely originated in Africa, when they would have been as black as your hat', or:

BNEAAOABH

Watch this space, it'll come... Shocked

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

The Scottish species are white.
(We call it Peely-Wally.)

We tell jokes about Scottish-British white people and not many cunts get offended.

So what is all the fuss from African-American black people?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do white Scots take offence when they are called 'porridge-wogs'?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

So what is all the fuss from African-American black people?

You are so out of date, keep up please.

African-Americans are Africans who have naturalized, those whose predecessors had free passage are Americans.

POC is out, the term is now BIPOC, black and indigenous people of colour.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

The Scottish species are white.

Natural camouflage for the snow.
Do Ptarmigan insult each other with colour?: "Look at you, you half white, speckled bastard!"

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

BIPOC? That's shot the fox... Translate that to the UK and you have black plus some vague mix of ginger, blonde and Moor with a bit of Germanic tribe, Italian, Russian and Belgian thrown in, plus lots of others. You septics have it so easy when it comes to definitions! Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

BIPOC? That's shot the fox... Translate that to the UK and you have black plus some vague mix of ginger, blonde and Moor with a bit of Germanic tribe, Italian, Russian and Belgian thrown in, plus lots of others. You septics have it so easy when it comes to definitions! Laughing

How dare you suggest I might have some Belgian in my ancestry! Mad
Laughing
I was told there's some Spanish in there somewhere. Sometime during the Napoleonic Wars, some Spanish woman or other is supposed to have fled to England and entered the family - or someone in the family entered her...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot 1066 and all that. The UK 'indigenous' (whatever that means) population also has a healthy chunk of Norman, who in themselves were a mix of local tribesmen, Italians and Norse...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Oh, I forgot 1066 and all that. The UK 'indigenous' (whatever that means) population also has a healthy chunk of Norman, who in themselves were a mix of local tribesmen, Italians and Norse...

Poor old King 'arold. All those warriors, when all he needed was a strict immigration policy Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 03 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Poor old King 'arold. All those warriors, when all he needed was a strict immigration policy Laughing

Aye, where was Prity Patel when we needed her? Saying that, 'arold's mum was Danish...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19