Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Labour!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Sod the Abbopotamus I want to focus on what they've got on this guy:

https://antisemitism.org/politics/labour/gerald-kaufman/

Kaufman was a Jew. I stress was because....well.....he's dead Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Starmers views are on the illigally occupied territories are?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Who's land?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Who's land?

Wow, the dude at the end certainly has a creepy resemblance to Keir Starmer Shocked

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:17 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Will Diane Abbott back the leader of the Labour Party or will she side with Corbyn?

"Divided parties don't win elections.

I oppose the decision to suspend Jeremy Corbyn from the Labour Party and will work for his reinstatement.

For us the fight against antisemitism and all forms of racism is central to the struggle for better world."

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1321891613006831625

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/american-jewish-scholar-behind-labour-s-antisemitism-scanda/

Interesting interview with Norman Finklestein about Naz Shahs lifting of a cartoon from his website the nature of which led to her being accused of being an anti semite.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:01 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Ste wrote:
Will Diane Abbott back the leader of the Labour Party or will she side with Corbyn?

"Divided parties don't win elections.

I oppose the decision to suspend Jeremy Corbyn from the Labour Party and will work for his reinstatement.

For us the fight against antisemitism and all forms of racism is central to the struggle for better world."

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1321891613006831625

She knows nothing else but the lies of politicians and the snout in the gravy train.

Solidarity is with Jeremy is OK until it costs., eh, Diane. xxx

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:43 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Meh; Labour only GAF about Palestine as they're the mostingness caringness 4 for the opressingmost. Palestinians won the oppression top trumps once the Israelis got fighty.

As for Abbott - divided parties don't win elections so I'm going to.......divide our party? Eh? Dance! Clapping
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8-n6L_DxlY

Red Ken doubling down.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-apsana-begum-vows-to-vigorously-contest-housing-fraud-charges-12117708

Woopsie - poor little MP on £80k+ a year with expense budget claims herself a council flat unfairly. Well I suppose she's ensured BAME are put first for once Laughing

My first thought in that was is she related to Shamima Begum.

That's probably racist. A bit like saying Chinese people look the same.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 05 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Paedo Biden has almost/probably won the now United States of China election, do you think Labour has seen a tactic to win elections. Riot and burn places down to scare everyone, beat up, abuse and cancel anyone who doesn't have your view and make sure votes are counted behind closed doors and have a 120% turn out.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 05 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Now that Paedo Biden has almost/probably won the now United States of China election, do you think Labour has seen a tactic to win elections. Riot and burn places down to scare everyone, beat up, abuse and cancel anyone who doesn't have your view and make sure votes are counted behind closed doors and have a 120% turn out.

You're sounding a lot like the rest of the hysterical, salty, crybaby right wingers at the moment. Boohoo the right wing doesn't command the platform it thought it did, shock horror. Time for a return to normalcy.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:13 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Labour lose the last election?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:20 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

You're sounding a lot like the rest of the hysterical, salty, crybaby right wingers at the moment. Boohoo the right wing doesn't command the platform it thought it did, shock horror. Time for a return to normalcy.

I think I feel the need to riot and loot shops, oh sorry, that's for the Lefties who don't get their own way. My bad.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:21 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

They forgot to dig up their dead relatives and get them to vote.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Because Jeremy Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser wants to Marxist us all to death Thinking ?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

I think I feel the need to riot and loot shops, oh sorry, that's for the Lefties who don't get their own way. My bad.

Laughing WTF are you on about

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Because Jeremy Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser wants to Marxist us all to death Thinking ?

Whatever the reason, the point is Labour were soundly rejected again. You can whinge and whine about this country going to the right, but to stop that, someone has to offer something that voters see as a decent alternative. But what do Labour do? Go even further to the left Rolling Eyes

And Starmer alone is not going to change their minds. Labour has to change fundamentally. It's up to them and their supporters to work out what kind of change will make them acceptable to British voters. It's no good having some wild ideals if the majority don't care for them.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Whatever the reason, the point is Labour were soundly rejected again. You can whinge and whine about this country going to the right, but to stop that, someone has to offer something that voters see as a decent alternative. But what do Labour do? Go even further to the left Rolling Eyes

And Starmer alone is not going to change their minds. Labour has to change fundamentally. It's up to them and their supporters to work out what kind of change will make them acceptable to British voters. It's no good having some wild ideals if the majority don't care for them.

The whole raison d'etre for the old Labour party has gone. No heavy industry, no mass uneducated (and I don't mean that nastily) labour force that needed a champion.

I have friends who work in factory's but don't regard themselves as working class because they are skilled unlike the mass of workers in the old labour intensive industries.

I think that showed when labours best showing in recent times was under a PM (Blair) who could probably have been in charge of the Tories and no one would have thought him out of place.

I honestly have no idea where Labour go from here. I keep thinking there will be a resurgence of a centre party but the LibDems are intent on committing political suicide every time they open their mouths so somehow Labour need to take that place. Of course it can never happen with the far left being so powerful.

Starmer is just someone to paper over the cracks. To try and convince people the party have changed direction.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this gets close to some of the answers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvAphpNCkZY

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I honestly have no idea where Labour go from here. I keep thinking there will be a resurgence of a centre party but the LibDems are intent on committing political suicide every time they open their mouths so somehow Labour need to take that place. Of course it can never happen with the far left being so powerful.

I think you may well have a good point here. The world has changed, and Labour are struggling to find their relevance in it. Time for something entirely new perhaps.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starmer is already on a quest to reshape Labour. Did you miss the part where Corbyn was given the boot?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:25 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Starmer is already on a quest to reshape Labour. Did you miss the part where Corbyn was given the boot?

No, it's a start. Do you think it's enough?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not. There's a long way to go, I'm just sitting back for now and seeing how it plays out. Got a couple more years yet before Labour need to start making election-related noises.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Probably not. There's a long way to go, I'm just sitting back for now and seeing how it plays out. Got a couple more years yet before Labour need to start making election-related noises.

Persoanlly, I wish I had something better to do than give a feck Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19