Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How would you vote in a general election tomorrow?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Which party gets your vote?
Labour
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Conservatives
32%
 32%  [ 36 ]
Liberal Democrats
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Brexit Party
27%
 27%  [ 31 ]
SNP
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Green
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Change
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Plaid Cymru
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
DUP
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Independent
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 111

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:14 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: How would you vote in a general election tomorrow? Reply with quote

fite

BCF doesn't let me put enough choices on the poll so I've had to do away with Sinn Féin and cock'n'balls (spoiling your ballot). That's democracy for you. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.......would.......vote.......by.........putting........a......X........in.......the........box.......next.......to.......the........party.........of........my..........choice.

Or possibly my thumbprint, as I can't read or write.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:26 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cock and balls so went for my second choice.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tricky one.

Couldn't vote Tory because I don't believe a word any of them say, except some of the ones Boris kicked out. Couldn't vote Labour in its present incarnation because I can't see how they can pay for the policies they've just announced. I'm wary of the LibDems so may have to be a vote for Green, which although incapable of governing at the moment are the only Party that I believe would act in the long-term national interest.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: How would you vote in a general election tomorrow? Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
fite

I'd vote Conservative, because the MP for this area is pro-Leave, and it would be very, very silly to vote BP in the circumstances.

If I lived in a constituency where the MP was pro-remain? I'd look for the person with the most votes at the last election who is pro-Leave, and vote for them, or vote BP, depending on numbers.

If I lived in a constituency where a Conservative remainer had been kicked out, I'd have to wait and see who replaced them, and probably end up voting for them.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:35 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservative. Because they are the only mainstream party who are likely to be in a position to ACTUALLY take the UK out of the EU.

None of the others are. Labour isn't offering that. They are offering a referrendum between staying in and Jeremy Corbyns version of coming out, which is effectively staying in but without any representation or a veto.

All the "brexit" parties will do is split the brexit vote. Worst case, they split it enough to let labour in and the concept of Jeremy Corbyn as prime minister doesn't even bear contemplating. The only thing scarier than having a liar as PM would be having Corbyn who speaks the unvarnished truth about his intentions.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think cock'n'balls should have been an option more than some of those listed. I had to give a second choice.

If anyone wants a fite come up here and I'll set a local woman onto you..

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservative. My MP ultra hard Brexit so BP probably won't even stand. Voting BP just splits the vote sadly, but I respect peoples right to do it. I voted BP at the Euros.

I can see Labour taking a real kicking in the North though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:44 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to spoil your ballot then you're not meant to vote in this poll. Razz

Boris is going to be the shortest serving Prime Minister unless he's got a trick up his sleeve.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:29 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Who do you think would beat Boris in a GE, to make him the shortest serving?

Thinking

https://i.imgur.com/H2oxInb.jpg

The real danger is what stinkwheel says about the brexit vote being split enough to let Corbyn in to power.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:06 - 25 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many parties have policies/pledges which appeal on a local level but globalisation has blown them out of the water, a nice, organic, free trade, workers pay and rights respected t shirt £45, exploitative two pack tee's Primark £5 and there you have it, most of us are capitalists when it come to payment time. i know i am, hey 58 no kids so fuck the planet, Harley and steak for me, you have kids? please feel free to make amends for the depletion of the earths resources the even greenest children will make.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:54 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
A lot will depend on what happens on 31st October.

If Boris is just rehashing the EU scripted deal, TBP will tear him a new one, if a GE is held after that date.

I think a lot are hoping he has a trick up his sleeve. If not, Farage will step up and deliver.

This.
Tory if a good or no deal on 31st otherwise TBP

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:47 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democratic Party. But I suspect that's not you meant. Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:59 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of people basing their voting intention on a single issue - Brexit - is stunning.

I just wish Lord Buckethead was still around.

Quote:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/591e99e2cd0f68922ed35a65/1502468266513-34MUWCS08SPWG2WN6E7C/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kDwCBPMkXzHlJbfjzSAukIIUqsxRUqqbr1mOJYKfIPR7LoDQ9mXPOjoJoqy81S2I8PaoYXhp6HxIwZIk7-Mi3Tsic-L2IOPH3Dwrhl-Ne3Z2disoJXzGpdGP9c-uwjPeoPABkIdKgsyIG4bzbLEH5msm_AaHWq01a8yFgqe9oqFs/image-asset.jpeg?format=500w

MY 2017 MANIFESTO: Strong, not entirely stable, leadership
1. The abolition of the Lords (except me).
2. Full facial coverings to be kept legal, especially bucket-related headgear.
3. No third runway to be built at Heathrow: where we're going we don't need runways.
4. Ceefax to be brought back immediately, with The Oracle and other Teletext services to be rolled out by the next Parliament.
5. Regeneration of Nicholson's Shopping Centre, Maidenhead.
6. Buckethead on Brexit: a referendum should be held about whether there should be a second referendum.
7. Nuclear weapons: A firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They're secret submarines, no one will ever know. It's a win win.
8. Nationalisation of Adele: in order to maximise the efficient use of UK resources, the time is right for great British assets to be brought into public ownership for the common good. This is to be achieved through capital spending.
9. A moratorium until 2022 on whether Birmingham should be converted into a star base.
10. Legalisation of the hunting of fox-hunters.
11. New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.
12. Katie Hopkins to be banished to the Phantom Zone.
13. Stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia. Start buying lasers from Lord Buckethead.
14. Prospective MPs to live in the seat they wish to represent for at least five years before election, to improve local representation in Parliament.
15. Free bikes for everyone, to help combat obesity, traffic congestion and bike theft.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:47 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaid.

a) They'll get in anyway around here

b) They're the only party who give any sort of shit about Wales...

but

c) Luckily there's zero chance of them getting enough seats to form a government as, apart from going "Oi! Don't forget about Wales!" from time to time in Westminster, the rest of their policies are total loon.(Although still not as mental as the Greens)

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:49 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
The amount of people basing their voting intention on a single issue - Brexit - is stunning.

I'd rather they did that, than just vote for a single party all of their lives because their parents did. The amount of people that do that is stunning.
Brexit has at last made people look at voting elsewhere, that can only be a good thing right?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Brexit has at last made people look at voting elsewhere, that can only be a good thing right?

I don't think it's really making people look at other parties though. It's just making them see things through a new but equally insular lens.

The most overt example to me is the amount of Labour folk who said they would shift over to Lib Dem because they want a Remain government. This is absurd, Lib Dems are Tory enablers, and if given power they'd just be Tory Lite. But hey they promise to remain in the EU so let's completely abandon ALL of our left wing principles and hop over to the political right!

It's not quite so bad with Tory voters switching over to TBP, because at least both parties are still right leaning. I still find it absurd that anyone would vote for a single-issue party though. Nothing about that says 'reevaluation of personal politics' to me.

The only thing I'm wondering is what it actually means. Have these folk always been so politically juvenile, or has Brexit gripped them so much that they are only now blinded to the wider issues that political parties are supposed to be focusing on.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:37 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
The only thing I'm wondering is what it actually means. Have these folk always been so politically juvenile, or has Brexit gripped them so much that they are only now blinded to the wider issues that political parties are supposed to be focusing on.

I'm assuming that if TBP were elected into power, they would fast track Brexit and then call for a General Election.

This however only works if they get elected into Government. It is indeed insane to vote seats for 5 years to TBP candidates.
So people vote in TBP, they get 100 seats, help Brexit through and then what? These sub standard politicians get to sit for the whole term, governing our health/education/defence?

The only real option for Brexiteers is the Tories if you want the country to actually have a chance of dealing with Brexit in the long term.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
seats for 5 years to TBP candidates....These sub standard politicians get to sit for the whole term, governing our health/education/defence?

As opposed to the super humans in the mainstream parties?
There's crap and gold across the house and across different parties.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Who knows? There are some serious politician candidates amongst their numbers who should be at least as capable of forming a cabinet as the current incumbents. The rest are pillars of industry or community

The BP have enough candidates to stand in every seat and also have a proper and sensible manifesto.

My Google must have a severe Liberal tree-hugging fairy bias, because it won't find the Brexit Party's manifesto. Could you link it please?

Why do you think these 'pillars of industry or community' who have no experience of Government will be able to do a better job than people who do? My experience of 'pillars of industry or community' is that they are out for themselves like any other successful person.

I'm not saying that our current lot are perfect by any stretch, but if your argument is that your 'serious political candidates' are capable of forming a Cabinet, then by inference are the rest of them less capable of forming a Government?

If we do get a massive influx of people with no political experience, we will have to trust the 'establishment' to guide them, i.e. experienced politicians, the Civil Service and the Judiciary. Aren't these the very people you despise?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28