Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How would you vote in a general election tomorrow?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Which party gets your vote?
Labour
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Conservatives
32%
 32%  [ 36 ]
Liberal Democrats
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Brexit Party
27%
 27%  [ 31 ]
SNP
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Green
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Change
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Plaid Cymru
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
DUP
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Independent
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 111

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Nothing.

So I will ask again but using slightly different words - what makes coalition with TBP more probable that any of the other Parties?

Sling all the insults you like sugar-tits, but this doesn't alter the fact that you won't answer the question because the answer isn't what you like to admit Laughing

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im confused?

I thought "Nothing" was the answer?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me help you out. You are supposed to say that what makes TBP suitable for coalition is because it is a 'non-political' political party, whereas the others are all 'political' political parties.

You are then supposed to say that TBP has no political agenda other than Brexit.

I then counter with the question 'so what about its manifesto - doesn't that contain views which can be construed as 'political'?'

To which you answer 'yeah but no but yeah bu.....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the campaign centres around political reform, surely the TBP are the last Party the Tories would want to enter into coalition with. Your arguments just don't stack up.

Speaking of work, shouldn't you be scraping dried spunk from keyboards, or whatever it is you do? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how lovely! Let's sweep away the old guard and bring in some fresh ideas Smile

Except that can only happen in two ways: bloody revolution or proportional representation.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

If we end up with a Corbyn Lit Undem alliance, I'll eat my hat.

Some right Project Fear victims here.

You won't see a Tory-BP coalition because the BP won't have any seats. An electoral pact would work but they won't agree on one until they've already lost the election. Boris is in the lead and his election leader Dom Cumface is getting very cocky which often ends badly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet on UKIP once. I don't often go down the bookies but I had a "feeling" (ooh err!) Not the last election, the one before that. I would have made an absolute fortune if they'd got 2 or more but I think I got about £80 back in the end Smile

<addendum> I wouldn't like to predict how many seats TBP might get (if any) but at 12/1 for 15% or more of the vote... might be worth a punt.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Fancy a tenner bet with me? Want to put your money where your mouth is?

If the Brexit Party get no seats, i’ll PayPal a tenner. If they do get seats, you pay me a tenner.

I never gamble. Unfortunately Brexit Party voters are putting the entire country on black and hoping it doesn't go red. They only chance BP had of getting a seat was if Farage stood, just because he is such a high profile politician, but even then I think he would only narrowly get in. The problem the BP face is that few if any seats have both a quality high profile candidate AND enough people willing to lend their vote AND few enough people who hate them with every fibre of their being. I'm not anti-BP, but we have to see the facts as they are not as we would like them to be. The BP, much like Farage's previous parties will cap out at around 20%, and more like 10% in "elections that matter".

These are the odds
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/brexit-party-number-of-seats
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:54 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't vote for anyone other than TBP. Boris treaty is way too risky. I don't believe the EU can be trusted. If I'm right, we'd be signing up to a fate worse than remain, and I haven't seen anything from the EU to give me confidence that I'm wrong. If TBP can't get us out, no one else is going to. Brexit is already dead.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:06 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I can't vote for anyone other than TBP. ... Brexit is already dead.

Eh?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I can't vote for anyone other than TBP. ... Brexit is already dead.

Eh?

I can't vote Tory, because the treaty is disastrous. To say you are voting tactically if you vote for the Tories is bullshit - it's not a game, the treaty means vassalage. Everyone else is a vote to remain, which I also can't do. What real option is there for someone who wants us out of the EU?

Some people will vote LesbianDem., some Green etc, knowing full well they haven't a hope.
The alternative is to not bother to get out of bed on 12th Dec. Time for the youngsters to fuck up their own fate.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the '' can't accept Johnsons deal'' group with all the ambiguity of the talk about an expected close relationship on trade/tax/legislation with Europe.

But I am torn, as I want TBP to take us out on WTO terms with a clean break and new start for the UK, (unless Scotland decide to fuck off, here's hoping!).

But is TBP likely to cause a split parliament, and prevent any Brexit worth having? They won't work in a coellition government, and seem to be having problems in the party and maybe with their funding etc.

Conservative Brexit sucks but I don't think it's written into law that if transition negotiations fail which they will, that we can't come out WTO when it breaks down.

I really don't see Labour anywhere in this election, as anyone that's not pro leave I personally think will vote for the party/s that are happy to scrap Brexit despite going against the will of the public.

Who's going to vote for a party that has no clear position and is going to attempt to negotiate an EU exit, that gives us nothing except no say in our future. Not only that a party that'll spend 6-12months prolonging this shit by negotiating a new crap deal if the EU let's them, but then campaigning against it in a new referendum. This sounds like a strategy thought up by people with severe brain damage, and to only appeal to voters with equally severe brain damage.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Conservative Brexit sucks but I don't think it's written into law that if transition negotiations fail which they will, that we can't come out WTO when it breaks down.

No, they won't. We will fall into line with all that the EU demand.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
because I hate Farage. Laughing

Laughing

Do you like anyone in politics? I expected Farage to be your Brexit messiah.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
because I hate Farage. Laughing

Laughing

Do you like anyone in politics? I expected Farage to be your Brexit messiah.

Farage not pure enough, had a German wife
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lib Dems are now on course to beat the Labour party.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least they have a clear policy and principle unlike the broken Labour Party. If 70% of the country voted for the Lib dems then at least we'd all know what the future holds as they've spelt it out clearly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 170 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 18 of 28