Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How would you vote in a general election tomorrow?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Which party gets your vote?
Labour
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Conservatives
32%
 32%  [ 36 ]
Liberal Democrats
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Brexit Party
27%
 27%  [ 31 ]
SNP
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Green
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Change
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Plaid Cymru
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
DUP
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Independent
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 111

- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Farage in the Lords. He has certaainly earned his place. I'd stick a few other Brexiteers in there too like Dan Hannan, Tim Martin and Kate Hoey.

bhinso wrote:
I'm voting Ukip

(jk). What happened to them?

Depends where you live. Southern UKIP are mostly just Tory defectors, so they either rejoined the Tories or switched to the Brexit party. Northern UKIP are more likely to either stay UKIP or switch to the Brexit party, but are less likely to be ex-Tory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I would love to see Farage in the Lords. He has certaainly earned his place. I'd stick a few other Brexiteers in there too like Dan Hannan, Tim Martin and Kate Hoey.

Farage wants the House of Lords abolishing and a new, smaller, elected group to replace it.

That's not going to happen, but sticking him in the Lords at least gives him a way to keep an official voice after we leave the EU.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:36 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

That's not going to happen, but sticking him in the Lords at least gives him a way to keep an official voice after we leave the EU.

Farage has turned down peerage before. I doubt he would accept a position in the HoL as he hates the it with a passion.

He accepted a position in the EU gladly enough.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if they have agreed something privately, like a Knighthood. Saying that, If I were Farage I wouldn't trust BoJo to actually put him on the list....

I hope that was tongue in cheek and you haven't really fallen for this left wing hater press propaganda? Laughing

I thought you were brighter than that.

I don't believe most of what is written these days, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened... Is the offer of a Knighthood any less likely than an offer of a Peerage?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:

I don't believe most of what is written these days, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened... Is the offer of a Knighthood any less likely than an offer of a Peerage?

Has a quick look on Google...

"Farage knighthood".

Results.

Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Indie, Indie...

Yep, left wing hater propaganda.

It was me who said 'Knighthood'. Other than the Mirror, the press talks about a Peerage which is a different type of honour altogether. Did you really look, or are you jumping to the assumption that it is Left Wing propaganda? Note the traditional Tory mouthpiece that is the Daily Mail also reported the Peerage story...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all just speculation and shite anyhow. We don't know why Farage decided to capitulate or whether he was offered anything by BoJo in return, and we probably never will...

Will he get a Knighthood or Peerage next time around? Probably.

Will it be for services to the country? That's the usual reason.

Are his opponents going to make something out of it? For sure.

That's life!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would spend £600 billion on flood defences

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Well I would spend £600 billion on flood defences

Or we could get a grip on immigration so they don’t have to build on flood plains, like the thousands of houses built around my town in the last couple of years.

I was joking. Joseph Swindon and Jizz the Jew basher were bidding up how muich they suddenly care about flood defences and northerners, even though for decades they didn't give a ****. They will build them a flood defence, but they won't respect how they voted in 2016!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

I was joking. Joseph Swindon and Jizz the Jew basher were bidding up how muich they suddenly care about flood defences and northerners, even though for decades they didn't give a ****. They will say they will build them a flood defence, but they won't respect how they voted in 2016!

EFA

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I was serious though. The climate fascists want to blame white middle aged people for causing moaw rainy

Probably guilty Laughing

I drive a diesel car, wifie drives a diesel car. My boat has a diesel engine and a diesel powered central heating system PLUS a solid fuel stove. I have 3 motorbikes, own a horse (which farts) eat meat, drink milk and like playing Dutch ovens with wifie.

I'm going to hell (or falling off my melted iceflow) according to the greenies Laughing

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

After listening to James O'Brien on LBC i'm pretty convinced that Brexit is a terrible idea. It appears that I am in the minority on this forum. What information are you using to draw the conclusion that Brexit is a good thing?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
After listening to James O'Brien on LBC i'm pretty convinced that Brexit is a terrible idea. It appears that I am in the minority on this forum. What information are you using to draw the conclusion that Brexit is a good thing?

Noooooo!!!!!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:11 - 15 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in other news:

Diane Abbott says that if elected Labour will clear the national debt... by increasing government borrowing Rolling Eyes

Someone just mentioned this in the office. I actually had to ask if they were joking or reading from a news site!

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 15 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
And in other news:

Diane Abbott says that if elected Labour will clear the national debt... by increasing government borrowing Rolling Eyes

Someone just mentioned this in the office. I actually had to ask if they were joking or reading from a news site!

That can’t be real surely. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever read

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Nationalised broadband paid for by the tax payer....

Fecking hell, he's lost the plot. Can you imagine it? British Rail was bad enough, the government in charge of all broadband services is not only laughable, it's impossible unless they buy out all networks from Openreach and Virgin Media.

When I heard it on the news there had been an instant and direct attack on this idea. The Conservatives didn't half have a go at it - it was much more an attack than on other ideas brought forward which has me wondering - there has to be more about this than we're being told. Could it be that we rely on cross nation spying via those internet networks and such a proposition would effectively allow Labour to not only do the internet thing they'd mentioned but also to put a full stop to us (and the USA) using it as a medium to spy?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 21 of 28