Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone used Zest Car Rental?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 26 Sep 2019    Post subject: Anyone used Zest Car Rental? Reply with quote

As title really, has anyone used Zest Car Rental to book a hire car?

I've search for my location and dates, a "Corrola or similar" size car is £157 from Budget via Zest, however direct from Budget the price is €272 (they list it as a "Golf or similar")

That's quite a difference and makes me wary of booking via Zest.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 28 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you afraid of?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:55 - 28 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
What are you afraid of?

The 'too good to be true' scenario?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:06 - 28 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDW - ALWAYS!!!!

Also it's not always cheaper going direct. I bought a steel door for my garage recently. First I priced it up through a 3rd
party supplier, then contacted the manufacturer direct and priced up the same door with them. The door was over £100
more expensive and they wanted £43 quid shipping instead of £30. So I took up my first quote from the 3rd party place.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 28 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Shaft wrote:
What are you afraid of?

The 'too good to be true' scenario?

Exactly this, the Internet has taught us to question everything.

It’s approx a 40% discount which makes me suspicious.

I’ve since done a live chat with them which has helped a bit, they are also interviewed on various news sites, seem legit enough to risk it.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 28 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm landing in Malta tomorrow and collecting a car booked through them. If it all goes to shit I'll let you know.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 29 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot remember who I booked a car with when I was in Spain one time but the price they quoted was never going to be the price you paid. Everything was extra.

Internet has taught advertisers how to be 'economic' with their descriptions while not exactly lying.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the best first impression with Zest. Car was not ready yesterday so had to taxi to our hotel and then back to the airport today to collect it.

Off topic if you ever visit malta hire a motorbike not a car, driving and parking here is horrendous.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that it’s Zest at fault or the car hire firm? Had Zest told them to expect you?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:11 - 02 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
Do you think that it’s Zest at fault or the car hire firm? Had Zest told them to expect you?

As there was no quibble over not charging us for the day I couldn't be bothered delving in to detail. We also got 'upgraded', to a Hyundai i20. Awful car the auto box is forever in the wrong gear, steep hills in 6th, tries to pull away in 3rd (and being a 1.0 has no guts). I've spent most of the time using it in manual mode.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 05:54 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zest is just an agent/broker, its the actual rental company you need to look into, as it's Budget then there should be no issue, it's shitty companies like Fox, Green Motion, Advantage that you want to avoid as you'll save a few quid but gain a nightmare.

The main thing you need to check is what insurance you get, really you want one with CDW included with zero excess, if it's not then you need to buy your own policy which is cheaper than their own one. Booking via an agent is nearly always cheaper than booking direct with the rental company so it's not unusual. However you'll likely never get the car they suggest, the actual rental company will know better than the agent what you'll get but I still wouldn't bet on a VW Golf, they'll use something cheaper like a Hyundai or Kia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
saleena This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:20 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Re: travel service Reply with quote

saleena wrote:
Travel is a very amazing hobby. If you need to get travel service go to www.travelsites.com . Here we provide you the best services like car rental.

Thank you for that. Here we supply the best red blobs in the world and you don't even need a tampax. Have one. Thumbs Up

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:04 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Re: travel service Reply with quote

saleena wrote:
Travel is a very amazing hobby. If you need to get travel service go to www.travelsites.com . Here we provide you the best services like car rental.

Tits out pics or GTFO

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:56 - 21 Nov 2019    Post subject: Re: travel service Reply with quote

gbrand42 wrote:
saleena wrote:

Tits out pics or GTFO

Mostly this. /\
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1