Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

No deal Brexit or a Corbyn led government?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Democracy is dead so which of these option do you hate the least?
A hard no deal Brexit
75%
 75%  [ 40 ]
A Corbyn led government
24%
 24%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 53

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:20 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: No deal Brexit or a Corbyn led government? Reply with quote

What say you?

Are you into uncensored S&M with Corbyn and Abbott and Sturgeon or do you prefer Boris and Trump and Farage exchanging long protein strings?

Mind bleach will not be available in either scenario reality. Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: No deal Brexit or a Corbyn led government? Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
What say you?

Woogerhumftermuft.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this one of those things where the minority wins?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Corbyn and Abbot get in, I'm going to claim for something, anything.

Just because I might as well.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

mindless babble ......

Why remainers think the EU will want to carry on paying WTO tariffs trading to a market they have a huge trade surplus with is anyone's guess.

And once again, complete fabrication spouted via the gift that keeps on giving mpd ..

In the event of a no deal brexit, more import tariffs will be 0 than they are now..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47551266

It's a unilateral decision, which means the eu can quite happily charge tariffs on imports from uk.

Yes, it's a temporary measure, but, whilst the uk can be flooded with cheap tariff free imports from the eu, quite probably undercutting te uk produced food and goods, those very same uk companies will face higher tariffs exporting into the eu, making them less competitive in the eu as well, a double whammy if you will. How many UK business will go down the pan during that temporary period of negiotions when our trading tariffs with the eu will be out of sync?

To be honest, going back to the poll, I don't want either of the options, they're both a pants as each other.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

mindless babble ......

Why remainers think the EU will want to carry on paying WTO tariffs trading to a market they have a huge trade surplus with is anyone's guess.

And once again, complete fabrication spouted via the gift that keeps on giving mpd ..

In the event of a no deal brexit, more import tariffs will be 0 than they are now..

It's a unilateral decision, which means the eu can quite happily charge tariffs on imports from uk.

Yes, it's a temporary measure, but, whilst the uk can be flooded with cheap tariff free imports from the eu, quite probably undercutting te uk produced food and goods, those very same uk companies will face higher tariffs exporting into the eu, making them less competitive in the eu as well, a double whammy if you will. How many UK business will go down the pan during that temporary period of negiotions when our trading tariffs with the eu will be out of sync?

To be honest, going back to the poll, I don't want either of the options, they're both a pants as each other.

Same old same ol'. You haven't convinced anyone with this tired old drivel. Try something else.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

Same old same ol'. You haven't convinced anyone with this tired old drivel. Try something else.

Not trying to convince anyone, also, it's not me saying the above it's the government, still, if it doesn't fit your agenda or what you want to hear, well, then, it doesn't fit your agenda or what you want to hear.

Just for the sake of completeness ..

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/temporary-tariff-regime-for-no-deal-brexit-published

Unless of course you're on about what I said about the poll, I'm not on about a fresh referendum, but, the poll for this thread, I really don't want Corbyn as pm, even for just 5 minutes, and I don't want a no deal brexit.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll's a bit like asking if you want a shit sandwich or shit on toast

We need Nosher Powell to get in there and chin the fuckers
until they sort this shit out

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9e0KPJEViuU/VtOSCnHLULI/AAAAAAAAG3E/31lUUxVL8mY/s1600/PowellNosher_EattheRich.jpg

Politics a la Nosher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsT13MVlZEg

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: No deal Brexit or a Corbyn led government? Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Ste wrote:
What say you?

Woogerhumftermuft.

Carrot doing the Times crossword?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of Corbyn's front bench are quite funny, they sometimes even raise important points, but were they genuinely in charge in a non-joking way they would cause anarchy. Anything negative you can try to pin on no deal Brexit would apply 10x as much with Corbyn in.

Think the pound dropped much on June 23rd? You'll need a wheelbarrow of money to buy a loaf of communist bread if he gets in!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: No deal Brexit or a Corbyn led government? Reply with quote

recman wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Woogerhumftermuft.

Carrot doing the Times crossword?

I wondered where I got that from Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Just block it.

On a discussion forum that is a surrender, and mpd72' s default position.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 20:48 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll result is invalid, what about the 35,431 (at time of posting) site members that didn't vote, but would surely have voted for Corbyn? Doesn't their lack of a voice get heard saying exactly what I want it to?

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 30 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

I don't think you've read that report, it says virtually nothing negative, although it does try.

Lets have a look

Under a temporary scheme 87% of imports by value would be eligible for zero-tariff access.
At the moment 80% of imports are tariff free.

So, an increase of less than 10% and it's only temporary anyway.

Tariffs would be maintained to protect some industries, including agriculture. Beef, lamb, poultry and some dairy products would receive protection.

That's good then, these are some of the industries that have been the most vocal, so this news should cheer them up a bit.

The new tariff regime would mark a shift in favour of products from non-EU countries.It would mean 82% of imports from the EU would be tariff-free, down from 100% now.

A reduction of less than 20%

92% percent of imports from the rest of the world would pay no border duty, up from 56%.

A 64% increase, giving us so much more choice than just the stuff that we feel (or are actually) obliged to buy, because it's next door; this is a bad thing why?

And the combined conclusion of the last two quotes is, the EU aren't going to put up with that for long, why would they sit back and let the rest of the world steal their market?

Moving on.........

Under the plan, the UK car industry will receive some protection, with some imported cars attracting tariffs.

But car parts from the EU would be tariff free, which will help car plants in the UK.

Imports of cars from the EU will have a tariff of 10% applied, which would add £1,500 to a typical family car.

Volkswagen has already said the cost would be passed on to the buyer

As I've worked in this industry pretty much all my life, I like this one.

It's the most obvious way of treating the car market, with a massive upside staring us in the face; given that over 90% of private cars are bought on finance (figure courtesy of the FLA) a 10% increase will make hardly any difference (if you're paying £300 a month, about £1 a day) and no difference at all to the biggest buyers, fleets.

No tariffs on components won't hit the makers or dealers, so it's going to cost the user exactly £0 more to run their cars.

On the other hand, if you want to sell your cars a bit cheaper Mr Mercedes/VW/Citroen, why don't you come and build a factory here, we might even give you a grant, seeing as you will be providing employment for thousands of people, who will then pay into our tax coffers.

Car parts such as engines would have no new tax applied to avoid disruption to the movement of components.

Yeah, we've heard a lot about disruption of movement, despite the statement from the guy who runs Calais saying, before last Christmas, that they have absolutely no plans or intentions of holding anyone up, Oh well, maybe he was lying........

A spokesman for Ford UK warned that the tariffs would "deal a devastating blow to much of the complex and integrated automotive industry, and would damage the competitiveness of Ford's engine manufacturing in the UK".

Why?
No new tax, says the previous line, so nothing has changed, the biggest threat to Ford's engine plant is the global downturn in car sales, eff all to do with Brexit.

Unite assistant general secretary for manufacturing Steve Turner described the potential no-deal as "economic vandalism which is threatening jobs and livelihoods" and called for tariffs to be dropped on EU imports.

We've already been told that less than 20% of EU imports will be effected, plus we were forcefully threatened about the instant slough of despond the country would fall into, just for voting leave. Pardon me for not getting overly excited about the ramblings of a union rep.

Carolyn Fairbairn, director general of the CBI described the changes as a "sledgehammer to our economy" as companies spend more on stockpiling.

She said: "These are being imposed on this country with no consultation with business with no time to prepare."

It's at this point I should mention this piece of space filling nonsense from the Beeb was written in March; it's safe to say our state of preparedness is a little better than it was then, for which I should probably thank the bunch of spineless, workshy toads that have constantly stood in the way of the majority vote.

Anyway, I can't say I can take this report any more seriously than I did 7 months ago, it was bollox then and it still is now.

If this is the sort of thing that remoaners are afraid of, it's probably best they don't get out of bed every day, they might catch a chill now the weather is turning.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 01 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need is a hard brexit with JC as prime minister, we could all come together and have a government of national unity. Dianne Abbot could be education secretary, Tommy Robinson foreign minister, bring George Osborne back as chancellor. Kenneth Clarke minister without portfolio (he's sat on the fence so long the stake must be hurting his arse), Any of Winston Churchills relatives to be brexit minister (that fat Soames twat springs to mind). we are just not using our imagination to solve this problem.

OGR

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 01 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
we are just not using our imagination to solve this problem.

OGR

I picture nuclear missiles raining down on Brussels, Paris and Berlin. That imaginative enough for ya? Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1