Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Review of BCF

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feathers McGraw wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
I'm curious as to what exactly you expected to find when you joined a motorcycle chat forum? Group hugs and teddy-bears?.

Hardly a motorcycle forum. More like a troll forum.

So you're feeling at home now?
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Feathers McGraw This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Re: Review of BCF Reply with quote

Feathers McGraw wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Really?! Can't be as good as a Bombay Bad Boy? Thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EuEijC1SPg

FFS don't flounce for our sake.

Stay around, your input has inspired the Olde Spiwit of BCF. 👍
When BCF were men and the wimin were mental.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:31 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 1% away from real life eh.

When I joined and was very wet behind the ears regarding internet forums I though what the hell. Why are these people taking the pee out of a fella chatting about what he was doing and where he went on his 250.

One person in particular said stuff where I thought y'know what I'm not into this rubbish. He's changed his forum name now, anyway that's by the by (but I will find him and I will kill him).

What made me stay was the invaluable help I got in the workshop and the real life reviews of kit, then there was an opportunity in my first year of joining to meet up with some of these 'kbd warriors' and I realised the keyboard will never convey how fine some of these glorious tw@ts are. Subsequently met up with them for rideouts..cuppas...weekend binges on a dozen or so occasions.

It's obvious to me now that this is not like many other forums, not a place where you post a pic of your bike and expect lots of 'hey, cool bike dude..aren't we the best dudes ever'.
More like, 'I think that's a crap choice of bike for your <whatevers> and you look like a fat bald potato'. (BTW I am not fat) It's where you will be questioned, not always pacified.

It can be perceived to be nasty and cliquey but that is only a very small part of this establishment. It (BCF) does not suffer fools gladly, it has some exceptionally intelligent members and people who will go that extra mile to help you should you get to know them.

It's like if Darwin made a forum. Survival yes, and diversity, oh yeah there are plenty of those. The forum as a whole is the better for them whether you like them or not.
You don't have to engage with those you don't like. Be selective or have a thick-skinned approach and do what you want regardless.

Nobody dies from a bad post [insert historical poor taste joke here]
Leaving just means you could miss out on some laughs, information or friendship.

[edit] just re-read that. What a load of balls. That last line nearly made me puke.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:40 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait; this is serious?

Well then; please, can we adopt this as an official plaque or something?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you feeling plucked, Mr. Feathers? Look at my avatar - I had all my feathers when I first joined Sad Chlorinated, you'll be; chlorinated I tells ye!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:19 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobfest is looking more likely so the sooner the fuckwits piss off the better.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:19 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Nobfest

nobcat.jpg

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:23 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

nobcat.jpg

I miss that little guy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:31 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day he will return...

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feathers McGraw wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
I'm curious as to what exactly you expected to find when you joined a motorcycle chat forum? Group hugs and teddy-bears?.

Hardly a motorcycle forum. More like a troll forum.

That depends entirely on how you are on here.
There are cliques, none of which I fit in with, but you do get left alone if you're not too much of a dick. Sometimes people take an interest in what you're up to, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they'll try to take the piss, sometimes they won't.
Generally I find people helpful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Feathers McGraw This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feathers McGraw wrote:
Explain this:

Why do some members project abuse at Autism and/or ASD?

Recent example...
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
keeping forums autist free

What have non-members, or new members, done to deserve this prejudice?

I have an autistic daughter, it's hard work sometimes and not a badge I want to wear.
I don't want to experience anyone else's autism so I welcome the free zone.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:41 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feathers McGraw wrote:
Explain this:

Why do some members project abuse at Autism and/or ASD?

Recent example...
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
keeping forums autist free
k
What hav Evil or Very Mad e non-members, or new members, done to deserve this prejudice?

It's not the autism I object to but your overqll demeanor. Typing that about autism is purely to trigger your entitlement.
Feathers McGraw This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:00 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feathers McGraw wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
your entitlement.

...to what? Thinking

Because you feel that autism gives free reign to be a cunt.

I'm a cunt because I'm a not very nice person. I don't need excuses.

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:29 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority of disabled people are hypocrites, first they want us to treat them like everyone else and when they don't like it they play the disability card, and before you get on your high horse about i don't know what it's like, my missus is disabled and i have been her full time carer for over 10 years since she had a major relapse from her condition, and has been unable to do fuck all for herself.
Feathers McGraw This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is right up there with the geysers of shit in a fish finger factory thread. Please keep going Feathers.

OGR

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:13 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feathers McGraw wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Because you feel that autism gives free reign to be a cunt.

Wrong. You're not plugged into my brain.

You're obviously prejudging all autistic people as "cunts, until proven otherwise".

My autistic neighbour is far from a "cunt". Their attitude is a damn sight more pleasant than yours.

Wrong, I assume everyone is a cunt until they prove otherwise.
Feathers McGraw This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane’s back I see

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never ceases to amaze me how every now and then an individual joins BCF and expects everyone to "appreciate" them.

Their shock and awe when the collective response to them from BCF is a big "meh" is hilarious.

Even funnier is when they then accuse BCF of being mean them because they're "special" and thus entitled to be treated like princesses and showered with compliments, rainbows and unicorns.

However, BCF does love having the "special" ones. We just can't ignore them though can we?

So, Feathers wind your beak in, suck it up stop being a dick. Stay or go, no-one cares you're just today's entertainment.

Still, better than being ignored eh?
Feathers McGraw This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he still here? Can I post a flounce, can I, pleeeeze.

Of you go snowflake..

https://www.blaisehartley.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/golden_flounce.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4