Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBT at End of October

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Stewman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:43 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: CBT at End of October Reply with quote

Hello everyone, its my first post here as only just joined up today.
Doing my CBT in Wimbledon on the 28th October, and was just asking if anyone has any tips/advice for a newbie to motorbikes on UK roads. Taking it on a manual but have some experience of auto's only on the nice calm roads of SE Asia Shocked .
Had a car licence since I was 17, but am now a 'bit' older than that now.

Thanks in advance

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax and enjoy it. Hopefully you'll be paired with someone else who has a car licence otherwise you might have to put up with being told about how a road works. Don't expect it to be wholly effortless; the slow speed stuff might take a few goes before it starts to click into place, but if you can ride a bicycle and have some degree of mechanical sensitivity (e.g. you can get into a different manual car and drive it easily, find the bite point fairly automatically etc.) then you'll be fine.

Stewman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:06 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Relax and enjoy it. Hopefully you'll be paired with someone else who has a car licence otherwise you might have to put up with being told about how a road works. Don't expect it to be wholly effortless; the slow speed stuff might take a few goes before it starts to click into place, but if you can ride a bicycle and have some degree of mechanical sensitivity (e.g. you can get into a different manual car and drive it easily, find the bite point fairly automatically etc.) then you'll be fine.

Thanks for that, I'm sure I will be fine....just the whole entering into the unknown thing I guess.

Even bought a new copy of the Highway code to have a quick swot up on before hand Very Happy

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:17 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewman wrote:
Even bought a new copy of the Highway code to have a quick swot up on before hand Very Happy

So you'll probably be better than about 90% of drivers. Take care mixing with those idiots! Smile

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

my missus did her cbt with them and said they were great, patient and understanding Thumbs Up guess it depends on who you end up with on the day, but the generally they seem ok.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to the instructor and be prepared to learn.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stewman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:24 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

owl wrote:
my missus did her cbt with them and said they were great, patient and understanding Thumbs Up guess it depends on who you end up with on the day, but the generally they seem ok.

I went with Advantage at South Wimbledon as they just seemed to have the best reviews online, I was torn between them and the Sutton centre but the reviews swung it for me, especially as I'm equidistant between the two anyway.
Thumbs Up

Stewman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:30 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoyingly I didn't manage to complete the full course yesterday, I had issues with clutch control, which to be fair I thought I might do. It has not put me off and have already booked in for a second go in early December. I think nerves might have gotten the better of my slightly, but at least I now know more about what to expect and what I need to do next time...On-wards and upwards.

Stew
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 179 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1