Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Labour and Antisemitism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just can't help themselves:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50382791

And there's me thinking Trump was bad at diplomacy!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's not just Jews and Hindu's that Muslims are natural enemies with is it?

The list of infidels area
Jews
Christians
Hindus
Sikhs
Atheists
Agnostics
Other Muslims
Taoists
Shintoists
Scientologists
Mormons
Confucianists

I agree about the Scientologists but this is where labour is going to lose the election. Just say that Brexit is bad for Islam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot Druids and Jediism. Any religion that holds itself as the one true religion to the exclusion of others has the rest of the world plus galaxies far away as its adversaries.

By MDMA's logic Labour should be siding with whichever religion has the most potential voters, which I suspect will be Christianity although I haven't checked. Strangely only Britain First seem to have taken this idea on board...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I do wonder why the Palestinians stick to the Gaza Strip and the West Bank like limpets when we have a deluge of "refugees" crossing Europe. One might even go as far as to believe unseen forces outside of Israel have an interest in keeping them there Rolling Eyes

Arafat: "The womb of the Arab women is my stongest weapon"

Diggs wrote:

My point remains - should an invaded and subjugated population not have the right to defend itself against the invader, even some years after the event?

As for JC leading the Einsatzgruppen, not likely as he would have been one of the first up against the wall due to his far Left politics...

The Jews are hardly the invaders.

The United Monarchy (Hebrew: הממלכה המאוחדת) is the name given to the Israelite[note 1] kingdom of Israel and Judah,[7][8][9] during the reigns of Saul, David and Solomon, as depicted in the Hebrew Bible. This is traditionally dated between 1050 BCE and 930 BCE. On the succession of Solomon's son, Rehoboam, around 930 BCE, the biblical account reports that the country split into two kingdoms: the Kingdom of Israel (including the cities of Shechem and Samaria) in the north and the Kingdom of Judah (containing Jerusalem) in the south.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(united_monarchy)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Diggs wrote:

My point remains - should an invaded and subjugated population not have the right to defend itself against the invader, even some years after the event?

The Jews are hardly the invaders.

The United Monarchy (Hebrew: הממלכה המאוחדת) is the name given to the Israelite[note 1] kingdom of Israel and Judah,[7][8][9] during the reigns of Saul, David and Solomon, as depicted in the Hebrew Bible. This is traditionally dated between 1050 BCE and 930 BCE. On the succession of Solomon's son, Rehoboam, around 930 BCE, the biblical account reports that the country split into two kingdoms: the Kingdom of Israel (including the cities of Shechem and Samaria) in the north and the Kingdom of Judah (containing Jerusalem) in the south.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(united_monarchy)

By that logic I imagine you would have been happy with Napoleon invading Britain because of the Normans, or indeed the Nazis because some of the Saxons came from what is now Germany?

The more I think about it, the more Polarbear's suggestion of a 100 year cut-off makes sense.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 14 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
By that logic I imagine you would have been happy with Napoleon invading Britain because of the Normans, or indeed the Nazis because some of the Saxons came from what is now Germany?

The more I think about it, the more Polarbear's suggestion of a 100 year cut-off makes sense.

Hope you're not implying the Normans were French?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 15 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Hope you're not implying the Normans were French?

This is the difficulty and the point Polarbear was making about his 100 year cut-off. Every group has its origins somewhere else. If you take it back even further, current thinking is that Scandinavians came from southern Europe and the Russian Steppes. Does this mean that people with Scythian origins should have the right to turf you out of your house?
martin734 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:12 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste for mod.

Wub

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:06 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
There is an awful lot of rubbish on this thread spouted by people who clearly know very little about Judaism. I am a Jew. I was born in Eilat in southern Israel and spent roughly half of my life living there. A lot of people only think of the Hasidic and Orthodox denominations when they think of Jews when in fact there are several different denominations. Just as with Christianity, which includes Catholics, Protestants, Methodists, Jehova's Witnesses, Mormons, Eastern Orthodox and Coptics among many others. I practice Reform Judaism, also known as Liberal Judaism, which has now become the largest of the Jewish denominations. The huge number of myths about Jews have become almost folklore and superstition now and are as relevant to modern Judaism as the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades are to modern Christianity. One of the areas of Judaism that is most misunderstood is the concept of Zionism. In it's truest sense, Zionism is the belief in a Jewish homeland in modern-day Israel. By that definition I would describe myself as a Zionist, I believe that Israel is and should be the home of the Jewish people. Many people link Zionism with several far-right ideologies that believe in the superiority and expansion of Israel over the Arab states. This is not true Zionism and it is certainly not something I believe. Nor is it what many true Zionists believe. I believe that Israel can and should exist peacefully with it's Arab neighbours and I, like many others believe in a two-state solution with Palestine being recognised as a sovereign state. However I don't believe that this can happen while it is still under the control of HAMAS which is globally recognised as a terrorist organisation. I also do not believe that criticism of Israel is necessarily anti-semitic, but far too many people see the policies of the Israeli government as being representative of all Jewish people, which couldn't be further from the truth. Many Jews like myself deplore the far-right policies of Benjamin Netanyahu, especially the human rights violations and oppressive policies that are so well documented. There are also many myths around the Jewish influence in the arts, science and business. This is not some plot for Jewish world domination, but has come about almost by necessity. From it's earliest history, education and literacy have always been central to the Jewish way of life. Literacy, numeracy, philosophy and science have always been subjects that all Jews should be proficient in from ancient times. This contrasts strongly with Christianity, which for many centuries, considered that only the clergy and the wealthy should be given access to education. Another reason for their dominance in business is down to attitudes to Jews following the start of the Jewish Diaspora in around 70 a.d. As the Jews moved throughout Europe they were met with a great deal of hostility of and discrimination. They could not join most nations armies, they could not work in public service and very few non-Jews would employ a Jew in any line of work. Because of this there was really only two businesses open to Jews, they could become merchants or they could become money-lenders. This, combined with the generally higher standard of education the Jews enjoyed compared to many of their competitors allowed them to quickly excel in these areas. Also the Jewish tradition of maintaining strong families and passing on of family businesses allowed these businesses to continue to thrive and grow over generations. Their generally high level of education also meant that Jews would soon come to dominate in science and medicine, again largely thanks to the attitudes of the Christian and Muslim attitudes that science was (and in many cases still is) Heretical and irreligious. In terms of LGBTQ+ rights and women's rights Judaism is actually ahead of most other religions and has been for some time. In many Jewish denominations women and men hold equal status and have done for many years (Orthodox Judaism excepted). The first female Rabbi was ordained in 1935, 60 years before the first female vicar and there are still no female Catholic of Muslim clergy. There have been openly gay Rabbis since 1978 and in 2011 Judaism became the first, and to date only, major religion to recognise and allow same-sex religious marriage. In 2011 Rabbi Greenman performed the first same-sex marriage to be legally recognised in Australia. Whilst there are still many areas in which we can improve, in general Judaism is a very progressive and egalitarian religion and the majority of Jewish people are the same. Please do not judge us all by what you see in the media, neither the policies of the Israeli government nor the insular, regressive and rather extreme views and practices of some branches of Judaism are representative of who modern Jews really are.

FFS, my 6 year old grandson has a better understanding of the inclusion of paragraphs in a page layout.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the correct use of "its" as opposed to "it's".

A mistake frequently made by the now departed one.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Henry II:

Quote:
Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but some geezers took him at his word and did the dirty.

In Canterbury cathedral no less Surprised

He did penance which meant putting on sack cloth and moaning for a bit.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:55 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour at it again.

The former UK equality watchdog chief, Trevor Phillips, has been suspended from the Labour Party over allegations of Islamophobia.

Historical utterings by Trevor Phillips now under investigation and they are comments a lot of people would say have foundations in truth.

Labour shooting it;self in the foot again in it's hurry to prove to the world how PC they are?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51797316

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Labour at it again.

The former UK equality watchdog chief, Trevor Phillips, has been suspended from the Labour Party over allegations of Islamophobia.

Historical utterings by Trevor Phillips now under investigation and they are comments a lot of people would say have foundations in truth.

Labour shooting it;self in the foot again in it's hurry to prove to the world how PC they are?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51797316

Quote:
Labour's general secretary Jennie Formby suspended him as a matter of urgency to "protect the party's reputation".

PMSL Laughing Laughing Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muppets. Trevor Phillips was one of the most respected people they had because he wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cancel them, CANCEL THEM ALL!!! MUHAHAHA!"

It stuck me recently, obvious now when I think about it, that the inherent problem with this wrongthink/twitter-archaeology/witchhunting malarkey is the more people you place outside the circle of trust the smaller the circle becomes until it disappears up its own bum!
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link from the Guardian, which is of course a Labour rag.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/09/labour-suspends-former-head-of-ehrc-over-alleged-islamophobia

I'm still struggling to find what he did that warrants dismissal. Can someone educate me?

OK he said something about grooming gangs, and also how few UK Muslims wore Remembrance Day poppies.

"Monday morning class for racists - it’s 2020 people 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️
- If you take a negative characteristic of an individual and impose on a whole community that’s racism
- personal anecdotes are not justifications for racism - it’s still racism "

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Here's a link from the Guardian, which is of course a Labour rag.

Erm, no it's not.

Guardian is a raging neoliberal / open borders / free trade / pro EU / freedom-of-everything shit-post magazine. If anything it's lib dem.

I'm a massive raging lefty and think the Guardian is utter tripe, apart from a handful of very occasional articles which are excellent. Their headlines and viral articles are always tripe anyway.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same Guardian that's recently been condemned as an "unsafe place" for trans-people?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 40 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8