Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NSR125 body screw bolts

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Prottecttor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:24 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: NSR125 body screw bolts Reply with quote

Hello,

I have bought an used NSR in near to fatal condition ( but with 9 bar compression ! ) and i am missing probably every screw there is to the body of this motorcycle. There are 2 screws holding it by i can arleady tell that they are some replacements and probably not right size.

So my question is can you guys provide the size of this screws and where to buy them ? Should i search for them in local screw shop or should i order online somewhere ?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to start here for inspiration:

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nsr125_model1222/

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:36 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an nsr125 too, I've hung onto all my bolts and I'm not missing anything.

If you like I can probably take a couple of measurements for you. My bike is about to be sold some time next week, so do let me know asap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Prottecttor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:46 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

The thing is i am in progress of rebuilding this moto from scratch.
I know it probably sounds cheesy but i want it to look nice so i want to order some anodized red bolts. The problem is in many many links like you posted you can buy the kit but the measurements are not there Sad

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Easy-X's cmsnl.com link the side fairing fittings include 9 flange bolts of 6mm diameter, and when you Google that part number you can find a little more info, e.g. https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/90111-187-000
However, you can see it has a shoulder under the flange. I've shopped with the likes of Westfield Fasteners but you'll be lucky to match that exact specification in this case, and then you want it anodised red (alternatively paint the head?), and that's not the only bolt type you need. You'd be better off going for the Pro-bolt workaround in red for £20 (excluding seat bolts).

Get it running first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:49 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prottecttor wrote:
i want it to look nice so i want to order some anodized red bolts.

Nice oxymoron there.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Prottecttor wrote:

Nice oxymoron there.

Or 'oxidised' moron.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:01 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prottecttor wrote:

And how would this make it look nice?

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find anything on eBay, do a site search here for alains, he probably has a guide up somewhere containing the info.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:19 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anodised bolts are weak, they look bad, the red ones go pink after time in the sun and they also like to corrosive weld themselves in place in a lot of applications.

Forget the bolts, buy decent replacements if you need them otherwise clean up the ones that are there.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Anodised bolts are weak, they look bad, the red ones go pink after time in the sun and they also like to corrosive weld themselves in place in a lot of applications.

Forget the bolts, buy decent replacements if you need them otherwise clean up the ones that are there.

Anodising is good for something static like a panel but you'll be screwing them in... with steel tools Shocked Anodising isn't a bullet proof coating!

<addendum> I had an anodised mobile phone holder on the old Keeyway. Originally it was black. A mere few months had it discolour but it actually went a really cool-looking dark bronze. Red doesn't weather to a cool colour.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1