BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Eggs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to know is; why are UK eggs brown but American eggs white?

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

When I was a kid, all our eggs were white too, then some bright spark marketeer decided that it would be easier to sell brown eggs, as they looked more 'organic' and now you can't give white ones away.

I assume we sell our white ones into the food production industry as an ingredient, where the consumer wouldn't know what colour they were.

I further assume the septics prefer their eggs white as they think they're more pure, or something equally silly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

White eggs used to be common but I expect the EU told the chickens they must only lay brown eggs and the chickens know if they don't comply they will be changed to cooking chickens and not laying chickens.

Once we leave the EU we can have white eggs again.

Below is a picture of Boris promising the chicken a whiter, cleaner, more chlorinated future outside the EU.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NINTCHDBPICT000509744329.jpg?w=620

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Also, washing eggs ruins their protective layer which makes them more prone to salmonella contamination. For this very reason it is against the law to sell washed eggs in the EU. US of A does not regulate this, washed eggs are more appealing to the customers, and the salmonella infection rates are there rather elevated. Thumbs Up

IF you do wash your eggs before storage, keep them refrigerated to prevent/slow down the bacterial growth.

Are you saying that staying in the EU means that we have safer food than leaving and making some sort of deal with the US?

Where's mdp?

Well, sort of. But I'm no eggxpert. Razz

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
When I was a kid, all our eggs were white too, then some bright spark marketeer decided that it would be easier to sell brown eggs, as they looked more 'organic' and now you can't give white ones away.

Polarbear wrote:
White eggs used to be common but I expect the EU told the chickens they must only lay brown eggs and the chickens know if they don't comply they will be changed to cooking chickens and not laying chickens.

Once we leave the EU we can have white eggs again.

The colour is given by the kind of the hen (not the color of the feathers, through). White eggs are rather rare because the kind of hens that lay white eggs are ''less productive'' in their life. #capitalism Thumbs Up

It's cheaper to ''produce'' brown eggs.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iff you get a legbarr (sp) chicken you will get blue eggs but has to be a pure bred one

we get white eggs and also blue green and brown

green were caused by a different chicken fucking a legbarr rooster and the baby now lays odd looking eggs

inside they are much oranger yolks though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2