Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gloves and that time of the year

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Gloves and that time of the year Reply with quote

Hi All,
Soooo its that time of the year again when i get my muffs out, however this time they are going on the scoot.... for a day, I find they sit too far back on the Forza and there is little room getting on and of the bike, plus its awkward to maneuver out of the garage as it has a steepish slope on the drive.
Im feeling the sting now at 9c and my hands get stiff with my summer gloves on my commute and my old spada waterproof gloves are no longer waterproof plus if they are taken off in the wet they are a bugger to get on or the lining comes out.
I thought about putting my heated grips on but it seemed to much of a faff with all the plastic in the way, so Im looking a new gloves and the lobster types seem ok ish, my list is so far with a pair of short 5 finger gloves

Revit Kryptonite Gloves GTX
Held Nordpol Glove
Rukka Chamb Gore-Tex
Dane Nordkap Gore-Tex

Anybody have any experience with these please, thanks
Mark

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:44 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Re: Gloves and that time of the year Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:

I thought about putting my heated grips on but it seemed to much of a faff

Are you fucking serious? If you're a lazy cunt, wires under the tank by pushing them alongside the frame and direct connection to the battery if you get the oxford ones.

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muffs

/thread

ಠ_ಠ

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the abuse nobby, but if had read the post I'm on a Forza 300 scoot now, so if any ones a cunt it's you, I don't really fancy pulling all the plastics off to route wires. I have the heated grips from my 500 in the garage.
All I asked is if any one had experience withe the gloves listed.

I also have the tucano muffs from said bike but the forza is a compact bike so it's a bit awkward to manouver and use the bike, also the bars are lower because of the high seat which would make the rain run down into them.

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:16 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted heated grips to my Forza, you can feed the wires back to the battery without taking any plastic off. just take the battery out and you can feed it straight into the battery box
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't spend that much money on gloves, I just wear a pair of thin
leather gloves you get from petrol garages, the pair I'm wearing now are
2 years old, ripped to heck, still haven't started wearing the pair I bought
last year yet. Got handle bar muffs and heated grips on two bikes, I
fitted some to my Suzuki last week which took me a while but worth all
the effort.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:28 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:
I'm on a Forza 300 scoot now, so if any ones a cunt it's Mark65

FTFY Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:
Muffs

/thread

Any idea for a type of muff that will fit over full wraparound handguards?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:22 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
FretGrinder wrote:
Muffs

/thread

Any idea for a type of muff that will fit over full wraparound handguards?

Yeah, removing the handguards and putting some tucano urbanos on. Unless your commute involves racers who like to grab your brakes or you fly through woodland at high speeds, you'll not need them Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 10 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Yeah, removing the handguards and putting some tucano urbanos on. Unless your commute involves racers who like to grab your brakes or you fly through woodland at high speeds, you'll not need them Laughing

Will no doubt involve dropping the bike on snow or ice, i'd rather have the levers protected, can't see mitts on their own stopping them from snapping!

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 20 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/zwTcwZf.jpg

I got 99 problems but cold hands ain't one Laughing

Tucano R334s fit over the top of Triumph Tiger handguards perfectly. How have I survived 12 winters on a bike without ever trying these?! Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 14 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode out with no gloves today.
It was a nice day.
And I was only going about 15 miles, round the North Circ.
But I only had one glove, fuck knows where the other one went, it wasn't in my lid when I got downstairs, so I rode without them.

Good thing about riding with no gloves is that when you are filtering, the people glancing in their side mirrors see a set of red manicured nails (okay, four red, one silver) and they realise they're not dealing with just any old Harley rider.

Cue the Hanna Barbera double take noise Laughing

Got home, spoke to the ex (at whose house the bike had been stored) and he says he found my other glove on his living room floor. Oh well, I'll pick it up another day. I can always buy another pair from Londis, they're only those cheap gloves that the builders wear for shifting bricks into a skip.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:20 - 15 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: Gloves and that time of the year Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Mark65 wrote:

I thought about putting my heated grips on but it seemed to much of a faff

Are you fucking serious? If you're a lazy cunt, wires under the tank by pushing them alongside the frame and direct connection to the battery if you get the oxford ones.

Karma for correct use of the word cunt in this post.
Thumbs Up
Very Happy

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 16 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: Gloves and that time of the year Reply with quote

Karma for correct use of the word cunt in this post.
Thumbs Up

wires under the tank by pushing them alongside the frame

lol really, I'm on a Forza 300 scoot as I pointed out, another one that cant read, find another post to troll and be nasty on.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.postimg.cc/85Jbs92f/79135275-1349879371851310-6971908398849720320-o-1.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudshark
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:34 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the feck you gonna wipe the rain off your visor at the lights in that shit?

doggone wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/85Jbs92f/79135275-1349879371851310-6971908398849720320-o-1.jpg

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 103 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1