Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Samsung Galaxy s8 Problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:25 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Samsung Galaxy s8 Problems Reply with quote

Hi guys, I hope you can help.

I have this wretched brick of a phone called the ' Samsung galaxy 8' I have had this phone for the last two years, and has never given me any problems ............except for the time that it went all slow and stupid for a whole week ...... and the time the screen stopped working, so I took it back and had to get a new screen installed, and the time that it kept restarting itself...even when you where in the middle of a phonecall Evil or Very Mad and the time........oh sod, I can't go on

My amazing phone has decided to develop a new ....er Shifty .....feature .

You basically cannot turn the damned thing on. You assume that the thing has run out of juice, so you plug it in, and the thing starts to charge, but when the charge indicator comes on, it says the battery is at 50% or so. You them unplug it from the charger, then immediately turn it on, and it works for about 10 mins, then it dies for no apparent reason, you have to plug it in, charge it for about 1 min and then the battery status on the charging screen now says it is at 80%, so you unplug it.....and you try and turn it on, and the blue home screen comes on, but the battery indicator to the top left now only says it has 5% left in juice.

Some times you charge it , and the blue start screen actually comes on and says it is 80% or so, but othertimes after 2 hours of charging, it is at 5%, so you have to put the thing on the charger again, despite the fact it was already charged for 2 hours before. I got a new battery a year ago as last year it stopped working completely, and someone in a tech shop said it was a dead battery so they replaced it , and it worked for a year.........until now.

any ideas what is wrong with this? I am tempted just to hit it with a hammer and be done with it, but before I take it back to the repair shop where the guy who looks like he has comsumed the worlds supply of crystal meth says the phone is rubbish and has to charge me £60000 pounds to fix it, is this a problem you guys are aware of, and if so, can it be fixed easily?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the battery but considering the previous string of problems why bother, you can get a really good Chinese phone for under £100.
I had the S5 troublefree for several years and still have it - for some of the apps on there which are handy to (e.g.) control camera when I don't have the newer one by me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What charger are you using, I had issues with a Samsung tab recently, charged no problem from any charger for 10 months, then wouldn't, used a genuine Samsung charger and it was fine after that, sounds daft but try a genuine charger and lead,
I purchased a new battery and the tools, but didn't need them.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:46 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
What charger are you using, I had issues with a Samsung tab recently, charged no problem from any charger for 10 months, then wouldn't, used a genuine Samsung charger and it was fine after that, sounds daft but try a genuine charger and lead,

I am using the charger that actually came with the phone.

I would get a new phone, but the contract does not expire until Jan 2020, so I have another 2 months of being attached to this dog of a phone

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:
bugeye_bob wrote:

I am using the charger that actually came with the phone.

I would get a new phone, but the contract does not expire until Jan 2020, so I have another 2 months of being attached to this dog of a phone

Two months? Who are you with because on EE you can get an early upgrade and I'm pretty sure with Vodafone you can too.

I'd be going into the shop and talking with a salesman to see if you can upgrade early without penalty or you might just go to EE/Vodaphone/O2/Tesco/someone else for your new contract in under 2 months.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy s8 Problems Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:

any ideas what is wrong with this?

It's fucked. Get one of these until your contract runs out:

Motorola G7 Power

Plenty fast enough and 3-day battery.

Trade-off is so-so camera and no NFC/wireless charging but worth every penny of £140.

My favourite feature is the fingerprint unlock on the back. Touch the phone with one finger and it springs into life.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Also this^^^

I have the G6 and it's bloody brilliant. I never get close to running the battery flat. The value for money is immense compared with a thousand quid crapple or samsung.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:47 - 27 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly could not fix the problem, so I had to the take the money-pit phone to Mr crystal-meth at the phone shop and charged me £35 to fix it, as he says that the battery connections where not connected to the battery properly or something like that (could barely understand what he was saying as it looks like the years of solvent abuse have taken a toll on his throat)

oh well, there's a top tip, if you are in the market for a phone, ffs don't buy the Samsung g8

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 27 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:

Just get a sim free phone you like and swap it over..

You don't have to use the same phone to keep the contract.
Swapped mine many times while still in contract.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1