Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This is why you don't use Hermes Courier.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing a bit but whats probably happened is

they had more then 200 parcels

if the deliver these they only get half of what they would get for 100 parcels for some reason
so tend to leave them behind take 199 and go
next day when they go in they pick up 199 parcels again unfortunately the ones from day before are at the bottom

used to happen to the lad I work with when he delivered for them

and because he got rushed to hospital and couldn't finish his rounds they gave it away

his had two and held on to one for a bit the last day of working he made £2,50 before fuel Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:11 - 06 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This courier business is as a result of privatisation.
Almost nothing that was nationalised ran well.
A shower of cunts decided to break up the national companies and make them run better, with promise and assurances that Private is the way to go as there is better control.
These fucking cunts who run the ex-national corporations answer to no fucker.
They all make a profit for shareholders at the expense of the customer (tax payers).
Couriers are a contemptible shower of shite (with one or two good people.)

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:26 - 06 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you just go straight to the shops? Anne Summers have outlets all over the place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 06 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero effs given by Herpes.

No reply.

Driver knocked on tonight and when politely quizzed he replied he'd been drafted in to help with the backlog.

Hermes, do us all a favour and simply inform us. Don't lie and say you've made x attempts.

Your business attitude stinks.

...been waiting a long time for this mpd69 mask.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:18 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email from their investigation dept asking for more information, a few hours after the item had been delivered. Apparently their sleuths don't think to have a quick look at their own tracking info. Laughing

How are they still in business?!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:10 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as if by magic I've been cursed by a thread!
Ordered 2m of fuel pipe. Yesterday an email landed and you guessed it - Hermes are delivering. That was yesterday and no it still hasn't arrived lol.
It's not a massively urgent delivery for me (it's for a small genny and preventative) so we'll see how this pans out. Paid with GayPal so I have my backside covered (hopefully)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I got an email from their investigation dept asking for more information, a few hours after the item had been delivered. Apparently their SLOTHS don't think to have a quick look at their own tracking info. Laughing

How are they still in business?!

IFTFY Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 08 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/MyHermesUk/videos/281778362516163/
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 08 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
They delivered a parcel to my tree.

https://i.imgur.com/or50Z3q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/meK2Czh.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 09 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:
My watch arrived in Finland on Friday. 2 weeks to go to Finland. Outstanding service.

So that's it's journey Finished then?

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hermes are great, even had one of their drivers ring me up to say the delivery address (my work) was closed and whether I lived local, I told him I was in a pub about a mile away, 10mins later he walked into the bar asking for me, and handed me the parcel when I showed ID!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much the last person to defend Hermes but in this instance I shall.
The sender hasn't paid for a 24 hour or next day service, they have paid for the standard service which is 3-5 days. So what this means is you are complaining that they have done exactly what they have been paid to do.

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:03 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking couriers....Hermes, DPD and even UPS have let me down badly in the last few months. I used to really trust UPS because they pay their drivers well. Things must have changed. Good old Parcelfarce have really upped their game, I now rate them pretty highly. But I suppose a lot of this depends on whether your local driver is on the ball, or a lowlife thief or a junkie or what have you.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPS delivered a book today that I had forgotten I ordered on Amazon.
I got the obligatory text saying "we tried to deliver" at about lunchtime, and I was like oh nooooo now I'll have to get dicked about for days before they send it back to the depot.

But no.
The bit of paper at my front door tells me he's left the parcel at [whatever number and road] and ... it turns out to be the corner shop, happy days.

Just got to find a post office that doesn't have horrendous queues, so I can send it on to Italy.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 12 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parelforce now have live tracking similar to DPD, that's new I think at least round here, not very helpful though as large areas have no coverage.
But at least you can see if they are moving ten miles away so probably not having a nap in the back

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 12 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
On the plus side, if you ever want to send a turd in a shoe-box to 10 Downing Street. Use Yodel.

To be left by the bins, outside no.10? No, I want my turds delivered!

Either way a lot better than royal mail. Had recent problems with Hermes and Yodel just leaving stuff in garden with no card and no knocking.

Royal mail Ive had several items turn up a week late when specified as first class/24h, no update on tracking. Annoying however it means I got the items for free, as ebay refunded all of them after couple of days.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:18 - 14 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I'm sure there are horror stories, but the company I have had the least problems with is UPS

You have been lucky then! I've had a couple of pressure washers delivered by them broken. last one was direct from the factory and when i answered the door the guy was a little "too helpful" I said the box looked a bit battered and split and his answer was " oh i dunno how that happened" lucky for me I have a ring door bell that recorded him dropping it off his shoulder 6 foot from my gate...then slamming it down outside my front door and pushing the broken bits back into the box FFS!

needless to say the video went to the supplier as it was worth a watch for the £400 insurance claim!!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 20 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who lobs parcels through bathroom windows?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMPFu2HXkAAAqPL?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Quote:
Hi Marianne, sorry to see how your parcel was delivered, were there any problems with the parcel? Please could you DM us with your 16 digit parcel number so we can follow this up? Thank you.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 20 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Amazon Prime. I have had no issues with them at all. 24 hr delivery.

One who delivers is a lass who could win Miss World. I dribble in her presence and she still smiles when delivering my parcel. Embarassed

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:54 - 20 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Use Amazon Prime. I have had no issues with them at all. 24 hr delivery.

One who delivers is a lass who could win Miss World. I dribble in her presence and she still smiles when delivering my parcel. Embarassed

I suspect that's due to old age rather than a measure of your sexual desire. I suspect she feels sorry for you Laughing Thumbs Up

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:50 - 20 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hermes

pissing down with rain all day today

he puts a cardboard box over the gate

it was sodden

sheer luck stuff inside was wrapped in plastic

one of items was a calendar

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:40 - 23 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

well shock horror....after UPS smashed the last pressure washer big time, Nilfisk used Hermes to deliver the replacement...not a mark on the box and even the corners aint bashed in..thats better than UPS or parcelfarce managed....DPD are the only other company around here that dont seem to drop it off the back of the truck or need to drive over it with a forklift before delivery! I guess living on an island with nothing but welsh language addresses actually means using local owner drivers works well as
1, chances are they know you or one of your friends,
2, they can read the bloody addy
3, they take more care of the goods because...either you or one of your mates knows THEM lol

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 23 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpd pissed me off

they delivered my alloys and put them on a trolley and squashed all the wifes plants and two garden ornaments

then left the wheels outside on the garden

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 23 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:
Fucking hermes

one of items was a calendar

I didn't realise people still bought calendars !!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3