Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dangerous modification of childrens toys. Nerf.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Dangerous modification of childrens toys. Nerf. Reply with quote

Sorry if the nerditry bores you, but I thought it would break up the monotony of waiting for celebrities to die -Gary Rhodes, whodafunkit?- to see if anyone else is into the weirdness that is hobby level nerf modification. Here are a few of my more unusual items I have built/bought over the last couple of years. All of these fire Stefan nerf darts which are essentially .50 cal nerf darts cut in half with differing tips depending on the required effect, apart from the small electric semi auto pistol in the top left, which fires conventional full lengths out of a radial magazine.

https://i.postimg.cc/d33jTpfg/IMG-20191203-212222157.jpg

The furthest left is a Worker Hurricane, which is a small sidearm that is capable of firing 6 full length darts at around 110fps in a couple of seconds. standard it shoots around 90fps on a 3s lipo -11.1V- but it has Twill textured flywheels and an aluminium guide barrel that lift Fps by around 20 or so. Incidentally, this is about as hard as you would want someone to shoot a nerf dart at you from 10 foot or so against skin.

The next is another sidearm called a rainbow pistol. The handle is a 3d printed piece with a transparent PVC tube containing the spring and plunger rod assembly. The name is derived from the style of catch it has, a rainbow shaped latch that can withstand huge loads. Originally it would have shot a Stefan around 200fps, which is not too shabby but I have modified this one with a 20kg Worker spring and an enhanced air seal which means it's FPS is closer to 300 these days. A hard tipped stefan dart will blow through a can like it isn't there at these velocities, as they weigh 1.5g which is around .6 of a gram heavier than a roughly standard 14 grain .22 rifle pellet.

https://i.postimg.cc/7Y3sg8tT/IMG-20191203-213320047.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/L84TLqZr/IMG-20191203-213326912.jpg

https://youtu.be/7oapk7Lxsak

I have included a pic or two of what I mean. And a video of what shooting a can from relatively point blank does. The bluntness of the tip of the nerf dart does impede penetration, but if a hard tipped dart is used, it will obliterate a thin skinned metallic object. the only thing that stopped this dart is the hardwood bed frame...

incidentally, the mark on my hardwood bed frame after the dart has entered and exited the can is precisely why I don't usually fire these inside. Laughing Rolling Eyes Uninhibited, these will bury themselves in the wall. Very Happy

https://i.postimg.cc/nzK2qq0f/IMG-20191203-212136018.jpg

Next from the left is a Worker Caliburn, my newest aquisition, which is a mass produced, 3d printed nerf sniper rifle kit originally designed by a bloke called 'captain slug'. I won't bore you with the details, but it's basic form fires 230 fps or so, with the advantage of a magazine fed, pump action that makes repeat firing a lot easier than the loading process of the Rainbow pistol, which is a far longer ordeal. The whole gaff is a fully 3d printed affair, and I have modified it with a Talon magazine kit and aluminium plunger, trigger and sear in preparation for a much heavier spring. A K14 spring should be capable of pushing this to around 400fps or so, and fairly accurately as well. The basic construction of the rifle is a sandwich, with 7 steel rods running through the whole gun sheathed with carbon fibre supports on to which the 3d printed pieces slide.

https://i.postimg.cc/4d1MXCCc/IMG-20191203-212251700.jpg

The next is my first build and my favourite nerf gun. This is a longshot rifle, first released many years ago and with an oddly oversized plunger tube for the intended purpose. Modders jumped on it and it all went haywire with 400 fps builds appearing all over the place. Mine is pretty much maxed out, with an Artefact hunter Stefan kit, enlarged plunger tube, 100 percent air seal, 34kg of spring -that's 75lb of force required to prime - a pump grip kit, a 400mm tight fit barrel and a continuous ability to break itself. I have never managed to get it on to a chrono but it would not surprise me if this could fire a hard tipped stefan at over 400fps. It's internals are all metal, there is not a single piece of plastic inside it. In the bed pic you can see the barrel attachment on it, this is an actual ported, rifled choke which was sourced from Australia, and is like you would get on a shotgun or similar. The effect it has on accuracy is vast, it can hit a can or similar size target from around 100ft which is outrageous for a high powered nerf gun.

https://i.postimg.cc/nrrsnQSt/IMG-20191203-212242391.jpg

Last on the bed is a Longshot rifle, which is essentially a reverse plunger gun with a direct plunger kit installed. There was a quite a bit of modification required to fit this kit and it's still a bit janky. It fires however, and I have bumped the spring by about 10kg and fitted a longer barrel made from 13mm ID Aluminium tube, taking it's fps from around 120 to closer to 180, but there is still a lot of work to do before I'm happy.

I have about 120 nerf guns in total, I have been collecting since I was about 12, and am now 31 so I still haven't grown up. They've just gotten gnarlier and more unpleasant. Laughing

It could be worse, I could be wasting my life on WOW I guess. Neutral
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:21 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may already be aware of this but can I just point out that if you make a pistol that fires a 1.5g (23 grain) projectile at 400fps, you have a muzzle energy of 8ft/lb. The legal limit is 6ft/lb for air pistols.

An 8ft/lb pistol would exceed the limit for an air weapon not declared as specially dangerous and since handguns are banned, it means it goes beyond being classed as a firearm and becomes a prohibited weapon. So you couldn't get a licence for one even if you wanted one.

As an air rifle, fine, you can go up to 12ft/lb. Just make sure it's not a pistol because the police have absolutely no sense of humour about that kind of thing and there is, as I recall, a mandatory 5 year sentence for posession of a prohibited weapon. It would be treated in law in exactly the same way as if you were in posession of a .45" handgun.

So minimum 30cm barrel, minimum overall length of 60cm. Some of those barrels are pretty short. You can't turn a pistol into a rifle by making it longer. If it was sold as a pistol, it stays a pistol.

Take care, especially if you are putting pictures and specs up on the internet. The police DO read this forum. You might wake up one morning to your door being kicked in. It happened to one forum member years ago for posting up videos of him arsing about on the Cat and Fiddle.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:21 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

co-incidentally I'm watching a re-run of the Sweeny on my Tivo box, where kids are running around with converted "cowboy" guns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:10 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting but I suppose I could 3d print a blue housing around a hand gun..

As a child I was given a toy shotgun. It had metal rolled tin plate barrels and popped corks out of the ends. It worked using two tin plate pistons on springs within the barrels. I soon got bored. I then removed the springs and stretched them. Instead of corks in the ends of the barrels I would put fine gravel inside them. Now it fired proper shot 'just like dads guns'. My friends were not amused!

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
You may already be aware of this but can I just point out that if you make a pistol that fires a 1.5g (23 grain) projectile at 400fps, you have a muzzle energy of 8ft/lb. The legal limit is 6ft/lb for air pistols.

An 8ft/lb pistol would exceed the limit for an air weapon not declared as specially dangerous and since handguns are banned, it means it goes beyond being classed as a firearm and becomes a prohibited weapon. So you couldn't get a licence for one even if you wanted one.

As an air rifle, fine, you can go up to 12ft/lb. Just make sure it's not a pistol because the police have absolutely no sense of humour about that kind of thing and there is, as I recall, a mandatory 5 year sentence for posession of a prohibited weapon. It would be treated in law in exactly the same way as if you were in posession of a .45" handgun.

So minimum 30cm barrel, minimum overall length of 60cm. Some of those barrels are pretty short. You can't turn a pistol into a rifle by making it longer. If it was sold as a pistol, it stays a pistol.

Take care, especially if you are putting pictures and specs up on the internet. The police DO read this forum. You might wake up one morning to your door being kicked in. It happened to one forum member years ago for posting up videos of him arsing about on the Cat and Fiddle.

Tis true, one has to be careful. None of these are powerful enough to approach the limit for their categories just yet, both the Caliburn and Longshot are full blown rifles and meet the size requirements for 12ft/lb, the Longshot doesn't, but realistically it's capability is only around 200fps due to a restricted plunger size.

The rainbow pistol at about 280fps could be brought up to that sort of fps with a longer barrel and further tweaking, but it's present effective range is around 70 yards which is more than enough for shits and giggles as is. Not to mention the legality issues. This is why it still has a short, unoptimised barrel rather than the length that would work well with the spring.

Quote:
Interesting but I suppose I could 3d print a blue housing around a hand gun.

'Sleeper' weapons are a dangerous thing. In the same way Nerf guns have bright colours and orange parts to prevent you getting shot in the street joking about with them, having a handgun that looks like a nerf gun is something that i'm sure more nefarious folks have though about.

Quote:
Right. I've just read through that and have mixed thoughts on it.

One bit of me is wanting to be a dick and have a pop (excuse the pun) at the anorak approach to children's plastic toys. I mean, if someone said they had spent years modifying Super Soakers and they now could squirt more than his bath tap you`d maybe think along the same lines.
BUT, hey, I`m an ex soldier, like guns and shooting (from a .243 on deer to a .22 air rifle on rabbits as well as paper targets) so `kinda` get the gun thing. Don`t hunt now at all by the way. Anyway, your hobby requires no license and its an interest so fair enough plus its better than WoW or some other online sad fantasy shite.
The way I want to see it is if you could engineer one to shoot semi auto/fully auto at quadruple the muzzle velocity then we could be on to some kinda home defence.
For me it woud boil down to being able to do some kind of damage to an intruder or some prick in your shed stealing your tools. Probably better with a German Shepherd for that. Thumbs Up

Is that your current objective?

Just having fun 'gunsmithing' nerf weapons. Any knob'ed can go out and buy an air rifle/pistol/airsoft -incidentally I do own some of these too- but getting a nerf gun to shoot that hard takes serious effort and freaks people out when they see it in person. Laughing

As for home defence, I'm guessing being shot in the face with one of these at close range would be enough to put someone down for a few moments, if from sheer pain/blunt trauma rather than any real lasting damage, eyes not withstanding.

The actual act of shooting someone with one of these would not be approved by the police, it would seem that any attempt to defend yourself or your home against intruders who would be quite happy to beat you to a pulp if you had the stones to interrupt them rifling through your stuff is a bit of a nono.

The full auto stuff is available both stock from nerf and as aftermarket/custom builds. They rely on flywheels like the wee pistol in the original post, which merely grabs the darts between wheels and flings them out. The limitation of these is around 200fps before the darts begin melt/tear with the friction on the way through. Firing rates of 20 rps are not uncommon though. If you look up an FDL3 on youtube, it's an incredible mix of tech and nerf, but you'll need to pay 500 dollars to own one.

One of my favourite stock blasters is an Air Warriors Destiny, which is an air powered toy that will fire a harmonica clip of 20 darts in about a second. It don't fire fast but it sounds amazing.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:15 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think firing a German Shepherd from a nerf gun would get you into trouble with the RSPCA...

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:
Keep working on them and never post your actual muzzle energy or velocity. On another note, could the ammo be made out of balsa wood or aluminium or a combination of Both? A German Shepherd is a great sleeper weapon and I think a combo of dog and tinkered fully auto would prevent a return visit to your property.
On another note, I have a mate that makes his own catapult/slingshots. Now that is something I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of.

Generally don't stray from foam ammo. A heavy duty nerf rifle with custom penetrative ammo could be a dangerous thing, but i'm sure someone has done it.

They come from the factory with dart posts to prevent kids from firing things like marbles out of them, as standard nerf cal happens to be roughly marble cal. The rainbow pistol could fire a marble really rather hard, I haven't tried as yet but i'd be extremely careful what I fired it at.

Firearm/projectile laws in the UK are completely messed up. The slingshots your mate makes are completely unregulated apart from carrying laws and can be obscenely, lethally powerful as well as easily concealable. The ability to use anything as ammo is also a plus.

Same goes for crossbows and bows, I have an 80lb pistol crossbow that can bury a 6.5 inch bolt through the side of a hardwood wardrobe but apparently that's fine, fill your boots. Just don't hunt with it. Laughing It is absolutley a lethal weapon in the wrong hands or situation yet there are no laws governing power limits or who owns them at all.

But my homemade nerf pop guns? Better keep an eye on that, might take an eye out. Rolling Eyes

Best one for me is the inability for the average smuck to buy a black or military coloured airsoft gun produced with contact sport in mind without production of a UKARA licence. Yet the same smuck can go buy an air pistol or rifle off the shelf designed to kill living things at a shop with no licence whatsoever.

https://i.postimg.cc/BvVWSDcf/71-WMVe-N5-JEL-SL1500.jpg

Take the above Crosman Pioneer Airbow. It's a technicality, but this is presently legal in the UK. Pre charge, will fire a full sized arrow at 450fps and all thats required for reload is shoving another arrow on the spigot. Ooft.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:00 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one were looking to own a potentially deadly weapon. You can just buy a 100lb draw compound bow and have it delivered to your house. That'll kill someone through a brick wall at 60 paces.

Blade head arrows are illegal but wouldn't be hard to make.

Accurate over several hundred yards. With practice, you could have fired 3 or 4 arrows before the first one hit the ground.

Being hit in the chest with a 2" broadhead would probably get a thiefs attention.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:39 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:

Stinkwheel you know your ballistics mate, what kinda muzzle energy would that be roughly in Ft lbs? Any idea? According to the spec its 390 fps with the supplied carbon bolts.

You just plug it into an online calculator. You need the velocity and weight of the projectile.

https://www.shooterscalculator.com/bullet-kinetic-energy.php

If it's in ft/lb, usually ftps and grains.

Google says a standard bolt is about 375 grains. So at 375 fps that would be 127ft/lb

About the same muzzle energy as a .22 centrefire rifle.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossbows? We were playing with one that someone had brought to the farm. I fired it at one of those large wooden boxes that go onto tractor trailers when harvesting potatoes. The box was empty, the bolt went straight through it. That's when we stopped playing!

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in one of those "modern" offices where everyone has a nerf gun and was thinking about 3D printing myself one of those caliburn rifles. I've bought a few official guns but they are incredibly boring since they don't shoot hard enough to do anything more than piss off someone trying to concentrate on work... I guess this would be too powerful?
We did send one guy to the hospital once though when he got shot in the eye Laughing

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:38 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
I work in one of those "modern" offices where everyone has a nerf gun and was thinking about 3D printing myself one of those caliburn rifles. I've bought a few official guns but they are incredibly boring since they don't shoot hard enough to do anything more than piss off someone trying to concentrate on work... I guess this would be too powerful?
We did send one guy to the hospital once though when he got shot in the eye Laughing

Caliburn isn't too extreme, they're about 200fps stock but even at that they are quite physically painful to be shot with and leave Airsoft style welts, but a lot larger at close range like in an office. They are also finicky and unreliable, and break a lot. What nerf guns do you have at the moment?

I can highly recommend a Nerf Rival kronos. It is cheap and easy to get them firing at about 140fps, and given they use Rival ammo which is originally designed to be a contact sport 'paintball' style ammo. They give a good smack and you know you've been hit by one, but it generally won't make you bleed or leave bruises like a tuned dart gun.

The problem with using high power nerf guns in a situation like that is that if you do accidentally (or intentionally) injure someone you are liable to get done as you have fiddled the thing to shoot harder. Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:49 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I think firing a German Shepherd from a nerf gun would get you into trouble with the RSPCA...

Probably would but i'd love to see a working jack russell trench mortar.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:54 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/M-AyW_8EAnQ

What the Kronos looks like smacking a can. Like I said, you'd feel it.

And pictured here with it's big brother, the Hades. These are on offer in the entertainer at the moment for 35 quid, which is really cheap considering a 50 pack of rival ammo is about 20 quid on it's own, and this comes with 60 and a massive hunk of plastic gun. Laughing they hit about 100fps stock. The Kronos is more like 85 stock.

https://i.postimg.cc/QChJHWD9/IMG-20191205-025047484.jpg

P.s the Hades is fucking massive. The Kronos is a hand cannon as it is, this picture doesn't really show it but the Hades is about 80cm long. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:32 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, a modified nerf gun could be just what I need to defend myself in nerf gun wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6a2M2dY3BA

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now want a crossbow. My air rifle is so passée, even the local rats laugh at it. Crying or Very sad

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Crossbows? We were playing with one that someone had brought to the farm. I fired it at one of those large wooden boxes that go onto tractor trailers when harvesting potatoes. The box was empty, the bolt went straight through it. That's when we stopped playing!

Mine was as bad

fired up the garden took a chunk out of the paving slab and ricocheted towards my head

second one I thought I would be sensible and fire at my dart board

the bolt went through the board through the shed door the board was on and through the fence
thank fuck next door were not in the garden Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Blade head arrows are illegal but wouldn't be hard to make.

I'm fairly sure they are not illegal (based on buying them a few years back when I last made arrows). Broad heads are banned at most ranges but that's because they leave a right mess when pulled out of the targets.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:03 - 10 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Law enforcement chancing their luck and the actual law are different subjects.
I think the sizes you've given apply to other guns but would stay under the 12ftlb limit to be on the safe side.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 10 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bored and ill, so decided to sort out my modded Rival Apollo which had a flid about a month ago whilst I was shooting some mates with similarly modded guns.

The apollo is a rival springer which fires the ball type ammo. they hit 100fps stock, but this one is closer to 160fps due to a heavier spring, removed air restrictor -A/R for short- and boosted plunger seal which I suspected to be the cause. I also ballsed up when modding it and damaged the mount for the A/R which also has the job of stopping the gun from vacuum loading rounds back into the plunger itself. I picked up another spare as part of a package deal with two other, rarer rival blasters.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdpx7DW/IMG-20191210-170451824.jpg

The modding communty has a love hate relationship with the Apollo, it makes big power and has a large plunger tube, with a handle mounted mag, but it's prime is janky and the hook on the top is extremely uncomfortable to prime with on higher spring loads. It primes through a gearbox to provide mechanical advantage but even like that it's a struggle with much more than an 18kg spring.

https://i.postimg.cc/8C1pJmFc/IMG-20191210-171135486.jpg

Inside, the modded one looks very much like the standard one, most of the changes are made within the plunger tube and the gearbox itself. All the mechanical locks are removed which prevent de-priming the blaster, repeat priming the blaster and multiple loading. This makes operation of the blaster smoother and also gives the ability to 'shotgun' the rounds, firing up to 3 with one trigger pull quite effectively.

https://i.postimg.cc/C16YByDL/IMG-20191210-171316525.jpg

The gearbox and plunger tube is a bolted together unit, which is a nightmare to separate as it also relies on delicate plastic clips. I have already been in this one and have no intention of opening the other one unless I absolutely have to.

https://i.postimg.cc/GhpdCxBx/IMG-20191210-171403469.jpg

With the plunger tube removed you can see the upgrade o-ring has herniated causing the o-ring to jam against the tube and the resulting lack of seal is what is stopping the blaster from firing properly.

https://i.postimg.cc/2SM06r0S/IMG-20191210-171431377.jpg

Quick check on the gearbox to see the teeth aren't experiencing excessive wear. Regreased with white lithium grease.

https://i.postimg.cc/XYCz9rGC/IMG-20191210-171445742.jpg

Found a new o-ring from the parts tray and it gets a shot of silicone lube. Just like in all types of air and firearms, even nerf guns appreciate correct maintenance and lubrication. Seals and gearboxes going dry is pretty much why all nerf guns fail in the end.

https://i.postimg.cc/DzDDG15L/IMG-20191210-172358385.jpg

Tearing into the stock gun and pulling the tube/gearbox assembly you can see the standard A/R in there. Essentially it's a small, spring loaded plate designed to stop children -or irresponsible adults- dry firing the gun, smashing the plunger head into the front of the tube and damaging it. Only problem with this system is that when looking for extra power it represents a major hindrance to the air flow coming out of the plunger tube and therefore lower FPS. And we don't want that. I failed to get a picture of it, but the present plunger tube has nothing in the front of it at all, after I slipped with the screwdriver and punched through the structure of the plunger tube nose when removing the orignal A/R. Taking more care this time, the tiny, cheese like screw is removed and the A/R simply falls out giving us a nice straight shot through the plunger tube.

https://i.postimg.cc/1zK9Gmfy/IMG-20191210-171950486.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/sfkMm2Tr/IMG-20191210-172046531.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/fRh0zbdK/IMG-20191210-172512162.jpg

When having a look at the stocker, I found something interesting. The gearbox has a metal rather than nylon gearset in it, whether this is a later or earlier model I don't know, but it is handy to know I have a metal spare should this one let go. It's also an indication of how much force even these stock nerf guns are under trying to propel this relatively heavy ammo at even 100fps.

https://i.postimg.cc/N0KD34rV/IMG-20191210-171901470.jpg

With all that done, it's time to button it up and test it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xeeTg5Syc

Oooooooh yeah. That's the stuff. Just as an aside, the creaking you can hear is the trigger struggling to release the spring load. Laughing

Now it works properly and I know it's good, I might splurge on the worker/F10555 3D printed kit that turns it into a pump action rifle style weapon.

https://i.postimg.cc/VLS6pZfn/44806300-253515911998581-4411398701924820605-n.jpg

A lot prettier, and easier to use.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 10 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Law enforcement chancing their luck and the actual law are different subjects.
I think the sizes you've given apply to other guns but would stay under the 12ftlb limit to be on the safe side.

The Caliburn, Longshot and Longstrike absolutely are air rifles, they are just chambered in Nerf calibre. They have to conform to 12ftlb like any other air rifle.

Nerf Mega series blasters have orange triggers in the states, over here we get nerfed -haha- weak sauce grey trigger models as the orange variants break the Joule limit for a toy in this country. Something about being able to fire a 2.6 gram dart, which is roughly 2.6 times heavier than a .22 rifle pellet and with much worse aerodynamics at an average of 80fps, or the equivelant of firing a .22 rifle pellet at 208fps. Apparently not a good idea to sell these to 8 year olds over here.

Nerf Rival guns are powerful enough in measured test to require a mechanical trigger safety in this country, hence they all have one.

Trust me, Nerf guns have to apply to all rules in this country, same as any other projectile weapon. just because the ammo is soft, it does not mean the mechanisms firing them are.

Take the Umarex paintball shotgun. There is a 16 joule or 11ftlb version which is chambered in .68 calibre paintball, but in this country it is sold as a 7 joule version, or 5ftlb as the 16 joule version breaks the 6ftlb limit for a 'pistol' style weapon in this country. Fires paintballs, don't matter.

It don't matter what it is chambered in, or what it is actually intended for, ANY barreled projectile weapon must conform to the laws in this country.

https://i.postimg.cc/fThmN0L8/Umarex-T4-E-HDS-Paintball-Shotgun-Left-Side-Barrel.jpg

Also, one of those is on the shopping list, due to being able to shove two lengths of 17/32nds brass down the outer barrels which just so happens to chamber it for nerf darts. Something about a 5ftlb CO2 fed nerf sawed off shotgun makes me twitch.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:45 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which of these can I mount on my bike?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2