Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A couple of questions

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:54 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: A couple of questions Reply with quote

1. I already like VR better than reality. Will VR become reality for many poor souls?

2. I've got my wife's ashes and don't know what to do with them. She liked taking the dogs for a walk in the woods and down the river. Should I just bury them in the woods?

Thanks.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:57 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help for 2: I have a fave spot on a friends farm land - it's a small copse of trees on a small hill which overlooks the Northumbrian coastline. It's my place of peace. I can go there any time day or night. I can sit on the hay bales and watch the world go by and admire the beautiful coastline. My will states my ashes are to be scattered there.
Perhaps a small ceremony and scatter your wifes ashes on the spot you mention? You've already mentioned memories and a connection to the spot. I'm not sure on how you'd do it though - scatter or bury. I suppose it depends on the location more than anything.

My own dogs I've had over the years are buried within a particular spot on a friends land. My dogs enjoyed those walks and that route - I did too. I make a point of passing them on walks whenever possible to simply pass and say a hello.

Probably not much help to you when feeling low but still letting you know you're not alone.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:27 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My relatives are buried or cremated at various places including at sea. My animals the same.

I don't need to go to a certain place to remember them anymore. When I'm somewhere I used to go with them, when I'm somewhere beautiful, when I'm in bed and feeling low i think of the good days I had with them.

What I am saying is you don't NEED somewhere to remember someone although it might help. If you scatter her ashes where you know she liked going and you can't go far wrong.

I want to have mine scattered at sea but I think the best I will get is them being thrown in the Grand Union from the boat when wifie is down the marina office arranging the sale of it. Laughing In the end it doesn't really matter as I don't believe I will be looking down and watching.

Oh, and booze only helps for a while Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a better job than we did with my mother-in-law. It was a right stormy day when we tried to scatter her ashes. You want to "visit" her? Let me set you up with an OS map and a half-mile search pattern Shocked
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: A couple of questions Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
1. I already like VR better than reality. Will VR become reality for many poor souls?

Reality is in your head. If you're totally absorbed in a VR world, then that, while you're there, is your reality.
Reality outside of VR is what you make it. You only have the moment you are in. That's reality. The trick is making the moment a good one, not always so easy. But if it is just thoughts that are bringing you down, it is possible to change your thoughts. A distraction is what is needed, or a different way of looking at things. If there is something bugging you that you can't change, accept it and learn to live around it.

Just rambling Rolling Eyes
Go and climb a mountain Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:23 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Probably yes.

2. We're the wrong people to ask for any type of sensible advice. Laughing Sounds like a good a place as any, try not to be offended if by chance one of your dogs decides to lay an egg where you buried the ashes. Shocked

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:22 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate of mine went with his surviving brother to scatter their brothers ashes in his favourite park where he'd been to gigs.

They grossly underestimated how much ash there was and had run out of somewhere surrepticious to put it before they'd gone through half of it.

In the end, they just made a giant cock and balls outline on the football pitch. Anyone who knew him agrees it's what he would have wanted.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, thanks for the ideas. I'm actually now thinking of getting a ring made. They can dispose of the remainder of the ashes for me. No way could I scatter ashes, or even see the ashes.

I've had the ashes for nearly 3 years sitting on the window ledge beside my ridiculous number of model bikes. When she was alive no way would model bikes be allowed as an ornament.

Anyway she has to go soon she's freaking everyone out.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:40 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs stinkwheel says she wants to be made into a firework.

I would like my mortal remains to be disposed of at public expense. Although if they aren't, I don't really care on account of how I'll be dead.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:01 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I don't really care on account of how I'll be dead.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
But if I should die before I wake
Then throw me in a fucking lake.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:18 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I would like my mortal remains to be disposed of at public expense. Although if they aren't, I don't really care on account of how I'll be dead.

Pretty much that. Chuck the corpse in a ditch, in the recycling bin, make an ultra realistic halloween display, makes no difference to me.

In my opinion donating my body for medical school students to dissect is another option. Burial at sea by trebuchet is also a possibility but as amusing as that might be, letting med students chop me up to see what's inside sounds wholesome and I'll already have had my final laugh with a fancy dress funeral where only a couple of the people invited get invites saying it's a fancy dress event. Whistle

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:59 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: A couple of questions Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

2. I've got my wife's ashes and don't know what to do with them. She liked taking the dogs for a walk in the woods and down the river. Should I just bury them in the woods?

There is no rush. Take your time, think it over.

Could do a bit of all of the above even, scatter on a walk, in the river, bury. Or not. But there is no rule says you have to do anything a particular way or not. Something will seem right, and you'll do that. Thumbs Up

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my ashes chucking in the cut next to my local pub

that way my mates will still come and have a pint with me

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering going with the cheapest quote these do.

No gimmicks, just a 'get rid of the body' scenario. Thumbs Up

https://www.simplicity.co.uk/funeral-prices

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 06 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went cheap, at the coop with Lorraine and it still cost £4k. To be fare the government puts £2k towards that.

A firework is interesting but that means ashes being scattered and I couldn't handle getting showered in ashes, which may or may not actually be my wifes, the guy sweeping the oven out doesn't give two sgits whether he stubs his fags out in the ashes.

I've actually got visions that beyond the curtain there are Indians dancing on the hot coals waiting to eat fried corpse.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 06 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't stand the thought of getting showered by them. Put them in something and throw the lot in the river, or bury them in the woods.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:13 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

I've actually got visions that beyond the curtain there are Indians dancing on the hot coals waiting to eat fried corpse.

My Nieces MiL manages a large crem in t'Yorkshire, I'll put this to her Smile

My bestest mates ashes are underneath a memorial bench with a message carved into the planks, lovely view as well . . . .

Did you not have chance to sort all this out before she left?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:39 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter had a few specks of her last horse's ashes put in a pendant which she wears all the time.

I suppose you could do the same although it could be a bit of a show stopper when you are next accommodating a lady in the bedroom and she says 'That's a pretty necklace'. 'Yes, it's my ex wife.'

Passion killer.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reincarnate by planting her favourite fruit tree among her ashes. Apple, Pear, Plum and etc.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: A couple of questions Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:
shrubbery

Shifty

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:34 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
My daughter had a few specks of her last horse's ashes put in a pendant which she wears all the time.

I suppose you could do the same although it could be a bit of a show stopper when you are next accommodating a lady in the bedroom and she says 'That's a pretty necklace'. 'Yes, it's my ex wife.'

Passion killer.

I'd just be like "Well, as long as not the ashes of her eyes, I don't mind".
(or her minge Shocked cos that would be freaky )

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:57 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept the ashes of one of my cats, and sprinkled it all on the garden out the back where he liked to sleep.

So when I went to change the plants in that little strip of garden, I found myself apologising to him for disturbing him Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 07 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find memorial benches and the like really depressing.

As for donating your body to medical science, I wonder how much it would cost to have an operation where "I will haunt you for the rest of your life for cutting me up" is lasered onto your entrails. Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 08 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. They are heavy
2. They don't scatter well.

I can tell you now that it's more like shaking out lumpy ex bbq coals or the remains of a fire that had been running on coke not coal..

Be prepared to do a fair bit of the scattering manually.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 135 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1