Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The great Brexit future 2019 vs 2020 reality thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing about Brexit is how it exposed how the metropolitan liberal elite are the ones who really called all the shots, and the idea that people living outside of London/Oxford/Cambridge get any actual say in the running of the country when it really mattered was really just an illusion. They were quiet about their power but Brexit forced them to expose themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Ste wrote:
companiesouse is a Dirty Bertie but I don't think he's Donk.

Agreed. The original called out dirty Bertie.

Yeah, and Donk accused me of being it. Maybe he was trying to troll us by making out he was being victimised?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing about Brexit is it pisses off Val.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Yeah, and Donk accused me of being it. Maybe he was trying to troll us by making out he was being victimised?

Black Flag Operations... can we say that any more? or is it "Undetermined Actors Flag Operations" now?!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 24 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Black Flag Operations... can we say that any more? or is it "Undetermined Actors Flag Operations" now?!

You could be a very dark coloured balled for that or even on a very dark coloured list. 😯

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:18 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red tape bonfire continues! The savings continue!

Let's first see how Brussels Bureaucracy is currently bogging down the enterprise and bleeding the taxpayer dry:

A British haulier and taxpayer wrote:

Haulier: I just drive to Dover, get on a ferry, get off a ferry, job done!
Taxpayer: I don't pay for Mr. Haulier going through customs, yay!

This is horrible and must stop - The People Voted so! Enter the Greatest Brexitish Solution: building taxpayer-funded system to ingest tons of paperwork the hauliers need to fill:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbtTcq3X0AgzYZP?format=png&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbtUIHEWoAAoALc?format=png&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbtVTeLWoAEOsWU?format=jpg&name=large

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:21 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I see the irrelevant one is back. Wonder what doomsday scenario he's dribbling about this time?

The End Is Nigh! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Today is the last day for extending the transition period!

As agreed by the eu and UK, that's not going to happen.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's me hoping 476 had got a real job but I guess that Russian money is just too good Wink

TBH the system described sounds pretty straightforward and uncomplicated for HMRC. Are we meant to be suspicious of that?!

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:20 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

TBH the system described sounds pretty straightforward and uncomplicated for HMRC. Are we meant to be suspicious of that?!

"TBH this ball and chain looks pretty straightforward and uncomplicated for us. Are we meant to not like wearing it?!"

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

"TBH this ball and chain looks pretty straightforward and uncomplicated for us. Are we meant to not like wearing it?!"

How trite and predicable. Okay, let's hear how it should be done. Obviously you're better placed than HMRC to pontificate on borders and export controls.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's all done electronically then where is the problem?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Rattling in someone's cranial cavity.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:06 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

How trite and predicable. Okay, let's hear how it should be done.

It should not be done at all. Just as it is today.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:08 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

It is not "all done". Someone has to do it, at a cost.

The electronic system needs to be built. This is also not free - you and I pay for it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Sorry for being a bit thick here (yet again) but isn't that because we were in the EU with free trade and then something happened... what was it now? Thinking

IIRC our government wanted to continue frictionless borders for goods but the EU said nein! I note that we're talking about exports Wink

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:48 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Sorry for being a bit thick here (yet again) but isn't that because we were in the EU with free trade and then something happened... what was it now? Thinking

That has nothing to do with EU membership; Johnson government decided to leave the single market at the same time. We can have that without being EU members, much like Switzerland.

Quote:

IIRC our government wanted to continue frictionless borders for goods but the EU said nein! I note that we're talking about exports Wink

It's quite irrelevant what they wanted; anyone can want anything anytime, and no one is any better for it. What matters is what they achieve; this is the measure by which we assess their competence. So far they are achieving lots of hassle and lots of cost with no tangible benefits.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
So far they are achieving lots of hassle and lots of cost with no tangible benefits.

That's not strictly speaking true: it keeps IT people in jobs.

Like the other day my wife observing the luvvies bemoaning the closure of theatres due to Covid19 "...not like it's a real job anyway."

"Seriously though, do you want those sort of people out in the real world? Best they're kept busy with their art." was my response.

I work in IT. Would you rather I got a "proper job" like HGV driving? Shocked

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
That has nothing to do with EU membership; Johnson government decided to leave the single market at the same time. We can have that without being EU members, much like Switzerland.

No. You don't understand how it works at all. If you are not an eu member, you cannot be in the single market or customs union.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:43 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
So far they are achieving lots of hassle and lots of cost with no tangible benefits.

That's not strictly speaking true: it keeps IT people in jobs.

Like the other day my wife observing the luvvies bemoaning the closure of theatres due to Covid19 "...not like it's a real job anyway."

"Seriously though, do you want those sort of people out in the real world? Best they're kept busy with their art." was my response.

I work in IT. Would you rather I got a "proper job" like HGV driving? Shocked

If you actually were driving a HGV, I would prefer you moving things from where people have them to where people want them, rather than driving it in circles because Johnson made it a legal requirement to do so.

Since you're in IT, I would have you add value - working on a project that outputs something usable rather than servicing an entirely pointless and completely made up bureaucracy.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:49 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

No. You don't understand how it works at all. If you are not an eu member, you cannot be in the single market or customs union.

Switzerland, Norway et al (EEA) say you can be in single market and not in EU.
Monaco says you can be in CU and not in EU.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:49 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Hmmm....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Single_Market

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
(cdlxxvi)That has nothing to do with EU membership; Johnson government decided to leave the single market at the same time. We can have that without being EU members, much like Switzerland)

Switzerland, Norway et al (EEA) say you can be in single market and not in EU.
Monaco says you can be in CU and not in EU.

You are wrong. Neither Switzerland nor Norway are in the EUSM. Monaco is not in the EUCU.

We are not in the EUCU or EUSM at all either. We left both when we ceased to be eu members.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Hmmm....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Single_Market

Let's have an illustrative example. The UK left the eu on Jan 31st. It is not in the EUCU or the EUSM. However, until December 31st (at least) it retains full access.

Edit: Look at the little map on the top RHS of your Wikipedia page, and the text of the lightrer-blue key.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 18:05 - 30 Jun 2020; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16