Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The great Brexit future 2019 vs 2020 reality thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 15 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Labour need someone sensible, unfortunately , the likes of Catherine Flint , Mel ONN have lost their seats

. So a Tory then. That did F all for Labour in 2015.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 16 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason Corbyn lost was of course Brexit, although the MSM did their best to back door it compared to the bleating on the NHS.

However, I think a lot of it was also to do with his hanging around with the IRA and refusing to condemn them.

OP charts are wrong because Labour was never 'anti-brexit'. Just sat on the fence.

As soon as the exit polls were published the pound surged. That speaks volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
The main reason Corbyn lost was of course Brexit, although the MSM did their best to back door it compared to the bleating on the NHS.

However, I think a lot of it was also to do with his hanging around with the IRA and refusing to condemn them.

OP charts are wrong because Labour was never 'anti-brexit'. Just sat on the fence.

Corbyn was up against a cabaret act and in people love a good show. I don't think the majority of voters were interested in any involvement Corbyn is supposed to have had with the IRA. It was simply Boris had a nice simple message.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Corbyn was up against a cabaret act and in people love a good show. I don't think the majority of voters were interested in any involvement Corbyn is supposed to have had with the IRA. It was simply Boris had a nice simple message.

Ah, "The Trump Manoeuvre" listening to the populous, echoing what they want to hear and getting elected. How very dishonest Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Pound and markets dropped back today. The reason, Brexit uncertainty haha.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
bhinso wrote:

I think with the people who lived through the troubles era, my generation, that was unforgivable. It would be like my Father and Uncles voting for Lord Haw haw after the war. It was certainly my biggest dislike of the man. Not to put too finer point on it he was a fcuking traitor.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I don't think the majority of voters were interested in any involvement Corbyn is supposed to have had with the IRA.

I don't think there was any supposed to about it. He had guests in weeks after the Brighton Bombing in 84 and there are pictures of him with Gerry Adams.

I must be in the minority then because that's the main reason I didn't lend him my vote, even more than the dithering about Brexit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:36 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

The thing is, we're about to lose world's biggest FTA in 6 weeks and have zilch to replace it with.
Chanting "get it done" was distracting for a moment, but doesn't change the reality.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

The thing is, we're about to lose world's biggest FTA in 6 weeks and have zilch to replace it with.
Chanting "get it done" was distracting for a moment, but doesn't change the reality.

Exactly, no amount of chanting changes the reality that remainers lost.

Did I mention that we won? Wink

https://cpb-ap-se2.wpmucdn.com/global2.vic.edu.au/dist/1/22976/files/2017/10/We-Won-1uxlfvd.jpg

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I don't think there was any supposed to about it. He had guests in weeks after the Brighton Bombing in 84 and there are pictures of him with Gerry Adams.

I must be in the minority then because that's the main reason I didn't lend him my vote, even more than the dithering about Brexit.

Look up Margaret Thatcher and Pol Pot

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 17 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Brexit, because everyone knew Labour were going to ultimately ignore the referendum and Remain. It was two-facedness masquerading as "bringing the country together." If you want to lead you need to take a stance.

Also, despite talk of taxing billionaires the working man and woman knew they'd be footing the bill for Labour's great big giveaway, handing money to wasters and handing power to the unions. No ta!

From the conversations I've heard on Radio 4 Labour still doesn't understand that Corbynism won't ever get them elected. It's the wilderness for them, and no effective opposition for the rest of us. They've also delivered Scotland to the SNP.

The Liberals' "Revoke!" message should have attracted all the Remainers but it looks like most of them respect democracy. Cool!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta laugh at the losers. Our future is ruined, things will be too difficult and so on.
We knew it was going to be a rough ride during transition. To me it sounds like the moaners are too comfortable in their life. Try being at the bottom of the pile like the majority of people are. Try being shat on for years and years and knocked down every time you manage to climb to a better place. For us we don't care because for us it cannot get any worse. Ever heard of that statement 'When at the top the only way is down'..

I expect to hear cries of ' It'll be worse than everything ever'. And? For me at the end of the day I have plan A, Plan B and so on. Plan Z for me is where I'm in prison and the state will have to look after me - or rather the moaners new slippers money will be diverted to feed and house me.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
I don't think the majority of voters were interested in any involvement Corbyn is supposed to have had with the IRA.

Before we get bogged down in "the troubles" this is worth a watch
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0008yrj/spotlight-on-the-troubles-a-secret-history

Also this gives an idea why many on the left are so anti establushment
https://youtu.be/l3-gT7CUA2o

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kawasaki Jimbo"

From the conversations I've heard on Radio 4 Labour still doesn't understand that Corbynism won't ever get them elected.....
[/quote]

So why did Boris filch Corbyns policy?

Corbyns neglect of the North, Wales and Scotland combined with looking vague over Brexit were the big factors for losing. Corbyn wierdly managed to make exactly the group he initially seemed to represent abandon him. He lost that crucial constituency just like Ed Milliband did but for different reasons.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Which policy?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like The great Val Unicorn 2019 vs 2020 reality thread

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Which policy?
.. Sorry, policies.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 18 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get the feeling that the Tories just took whatever Labour said, dialled down the numbers to something sensible and then stuck a bow on it...

Seems to have worked for them!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16