Drink Driving

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:29 - 26 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:

I made inquiries: Her court appearance was originally January and has been moved to February for reasons unknown. I dunno if she's mounting some ballsup defense or if the courts are chocka with drink drivers caught before her.

They likes to get the DD's in court within a few days & at Xmas they're geared up & well practiced at this.

Moving the date to a later one might be a good signal that a custodial sentence is in the wings . . .

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 03 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
In the North East of England the police are having many more of these random stop and check points. I see people complaining about them but FFS I'd rather they caught those people drink driving.

Son now drives buses and just the other morning he was stopped at 4.30 am heading into work by police and breath tested - he doesn't drink but you can see the police are looking for those hungover from the night before too.

As for actual drink drivers? Two weeks ago, a woman I know was at a house party with her new but complete nugget boyfriend. They had an argument and she decided to drive the car instead of leaving it and walking home. She also attempted to run that boyfriend over. It was in a cul-de-sac, her car a new BMW on finance and during her drink (probably drugs too) induced rage she's managed to flatten many garden fences, smash up several other cars and finally put her own car through the corner of someones house. Everything was filmed by neighbours security cameras. Yes she was arrested.
I'm not exaggerating but she thinks she can get off because one of her children has asthma and attends a clinic every 6 months!!
Whilst waiting for her January court appearance she's literally asking friends if they'll be a guarantor for a new car for her..
Her life is headed for the gutter.

I think we should start a new thread just for updates on this!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 04 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no updates on it happening but one thing is puzzling me: Why she's asking for guarantors for a replacement motor. Aside from an obvious ban, there are car sales companies that will hand a car to anyone in any situation. She's self employed and has been for years. I'd have thought that a car would land at her door easily. To me it seems that her life is in a real mess.
It's not worthy of its own thread - I'm just a good gossip!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 04 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Still no updates on it happening but one thing is puzzling me: Why she's asking for guarantors for a replacement motor. Aside from an obvious ban, there are car sales companies that will hand a car to anyone in any situation. She's self employed and has been for years. I'd have thought that a car would land at her door easily. To me it seems that her life is in a real mess.
It's not worthy of its own thread - I'm just a good gossip!

If someone can pay, they'll sell them a car. They don't give a fcuk about circumstances. The fact she is looking for a guarantor shows the don't trust her alone though.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 04 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
...there are car sales companies that will hand a car to anyone... I'd have thought that a car would land at her door easily.

I think maybe she’s setting her sights a bit high on what car she wants, she’s looking a little upmarket (read expensive!)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2