BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Galaxy Fold

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 22 Dec 2019    Post subject: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

My youngest daughter just walking in with one and was showing me it.

Now it's a seriously impressive bit of kit from the technical point of view. The big screen opens without any form of hinge in the middle. Once open you cannot tell it is anything other than a tablet type screen.

Having said that I wonder how long before you actually see a mark or line down the fold and is it really anything other than a gimmick.

Anyway, having looked up the price for a non contract and picked myself off the floor I can say with complete certainty, I won't be having one. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 23 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm tempted but then I already have a Note 10+

I can't get any serious work done on anything less than 12" Wink I am looking forward to the Razr bendy screen phone - that looks much more useful.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 25 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft
Overpriced gimmicky crap, save yer dosh until holophones come out.
I reckon they're out now but the gubment and men in black dont
want you to know.....
OK, maybe they're probly still in R&D at the "Help me obi-wan you're my only hope"
stage, but soon you'll be able to watch Celebrity come cake dancing in 3d
while you drive down the Motorway.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 26 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good if you really need the screen estate and want to fit it in your pocket. Useless for most people though. If are the sort of person who carries an LG gram or a Razer Blade Steath with you all day then this might be a good addition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People go craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy for the latest tech. CEX had a foldable phone for £1200 or so. Much to my amusement there was a bloke in front buying it. He was weighing in 2 games consoles, loads of games and an iPhone 8. Sad b45t4rd, he looked a right fvcking tramp as well, money could be better spent elsewhere on attire as far as he was concerned.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
having looked up the price for a non contract and picked myself off the floor I can say with complete certainty, I won't be having one. Laughing

Is it cheaper on contract?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
having looked up the price for a non contract and picked myself off the floor I can say with complete certainty, I won't be having one. Laughing

Is it cheaper on contract?

EE do it on contract for £104 a month on a 2 year contract so yes, it is cheaper however you work out what is phone payments and what is network.

I only get SIMs on contract now and buy a phone for a few hundred quid maximum cause I'm tight. Laughing

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I only get SIMs on contract now and buy a phone for a few hundred quid maximum cause I'm tight. Laughing

I disagree, it's not being tight it's being sensible. Sod paying a monthly contract just to get the latest phone which will be superseded 6 months into your 2 or 3 year contract. I have a GiffGaff sim which is £10 a month for unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB data which for me is plenty. My phone is mine which cost £45 second hand from Cash Generator. Although I am eligible for a contract I just don't see the point.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I disagree, it's not being tight it's being sensible. Sod paying a monthly contract just to get the latest phone which will be superseded 6 months into your 2 or 3 year contract. I have a GiffGaff sim which is £10 a month for unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB data which for me is plenty. My phone is mine which cost £45 second hand from Cash Generator. Although I am eligible for a contract I just don't see the point.

You can get a phone which is about 90% as good from ebay for about £150.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I'm tighter! I get a cheap Chinaphone (should have got Umidigi A5 Pro for <£80 but got A3 grr!) and Smarty costs me about £5/month for unlimited calls etc plus 4GB data (which I don't generally use).

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

You can get a phone which is about 90% as good from ebay for about £150.

Yep and you own it, no contract rubbish.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
I'm tighter! I get a cheap Chinaphone (should have got Umidigi A5 Pro for <£80 but got A3 grr!) and Smarty costs me about £5/month for unlimited calls etc plus 4GB data (which I don't generally use).

Smarty is a good choice for that. No good for me as 3 gets a p1ss poor signal in Stafford where I live. The Umidigi A5 Pro is a great phone, the wife has one, it has a triple Sony ultra wide camera which is nice.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1