Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

track day around Yorkshire

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:26 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: track day around Yorkshire Reply with quote

Where is the nearest track to Doncaster? can you go if you have a non race spec bike?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:37 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadwell park is nearby, and No Limits, MSV and a few others do trackdays there. I think you probably want something like a road bike trackday, but personally I'd not suggest Cadwell as my first trackday as it's quite technical, but it is the closest to you.

There is also Croft circuit but the noise police have made that difficult these days. And Donnington Park but it's expensive.

If I were to choose any track in the UK for my first trackday it would probably be Snetterton, but it's a bit far from you (about 3 hours).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:40 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Cadwell park is nearby, and No Limits, MSV and a few others do trackdays there. I think you probably want something like a road bike trackday, but personally I'd not suggest Cadwell as my first trackday as it's quite technical, but it is the closest to you.

There is also Croft circuit but the noise police have made that difficult these days. And Donnington Park but it's expensive.

If I were to choose any track in the UK for my first trackday it would probably be Snetterton, but it's a bit far from you (about 3 hours).

3hrs is a far ride before needing to concentrate, but could turn it into a overnight trip maybe. il look up cadwell though. road bike day would be ideal, thanks for the input

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:45 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

big price jump from cadwell to other tracks.. looks a nice track, agree would be a challenge/

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:54 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
big price jump from cadwell to other tracks.. looks a nice track, agree would be a challenge/

My first trackday was at Snetterton on what would now be called the 200 circuit but back then it was just what they had at Snetterton. We stayed in a B and B overnight and got up early to go to the trackday the next day.

I have ridden to a few trackdays, mostly at Brands Hatch which is about 1hr 30 minutes from me and it's fine but on my first trackday? Perhaps not.

Snetterton is around the same sort of price as Cadwell. Donnington is expensive because of it's international racing reputation, and the same with Silverstone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:17 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:

My first trackday was at Snetterton on what would now be called the 200 circuit but back then it was just what they had at Snetterton. We stayed in a B and B overnight and got up early to go to the trackday the next day.

I have ridden to a few trackdays, mostly at Brands Hatch which is about 1hr 30 minutes from me and it's fine but on my first trackday? Perhaps not.

Snetterton is around the same sort of price as Cadwell. Donnington is expensive because of it's international racing reputation, and the same with Silverstone.

snetterton drops price after first race day so not too bad, its called the 300 now for some reason. cadwell looks good but even novice group seem quick, but at im sure most go at there own pace, just watching snetterton and cadwell on youtube.. looks a good day

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:43 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:

snetterton drops price after first race day so not too bad, its called the 300 now for some reason. cadwell looks good but even novice group seem quick, but at im sure most go at there own pace, just watching snetterton and cadwell on youtube.. looks a good day

There is more than one Snetterton layout. 200 is the 'old' snetterton without the infield portion, and the 300 has the new technical bit. It's not that congruent with the old circuit, but it's a lot of of fun.

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:33 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:

There is more than one Snetterton layout. 200 is the 'old' snetterton without the infield portion, and the 300 has the new technical bit. It's not that congruent with the old circuit, but it's a lot of of fun.

ah fair enough. thanks for the advice. Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Interesting. Is it too "technical" for a first-timer? I've still to do a track day. Need to sort out leather jacket and trousers which zip together. Why don't they standardise!? Bedford Autodrome is closest to me. Any reviews?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:09 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Interesting. Is it too "technical" for a first-timer? I've still to do a track day. Need to sort out leather jacket and trousers which zip together. Why don't they standardise!? Bedford Autodrome is closest to me. Any reviews?

Brands Indy is OK if a bit frenetic. Brands GP is usually noise restricted and expensive.

I've not heard great things about Bedford, but it's probably OK for a first trackday. It's one of the few tracks I've not been to.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blyton Park - Gainsborough.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:51 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: track day around Yorkshire Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Snetterton 300 - too many generic corners and makes it easy to "get lost", though have got a better idea of it now.

Bedford Aerodrome is another one where it's a bit generic at least for the long course - very flat and not too much going on. Some *looong* straights - topped out my down geared 675 for hundreds of metres (and then a few times passed by a bigger bike which I'd then get passed on the brakes the next corner normally Smile ).

Saying all that, there's a lot to take on in your first trackdays, while a smaller track lets you focus on that, most people I know that have started on a more technical or longer/boring one have also done okay.

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:40 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:

you have go go through superbike school.. £289..

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take a 2t to Blyton and tag onto the superbike school fags. You’ll get proper skinned though, lots of racers and ex racers out there for teh lulz.
kellynicole45... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

kellynicole450 wrote:
the title of the topic attracted me

No it didn't, you lying spammy twat

kellynicole450 wrote:
well yorkshire is really an amzing place

It certainly is. But you're still a lying spammy twat

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:05 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced wrote:
You can take a 2t to Blyton and tag onto the superbike school fags. You’ll get proper skinned though, lots of racers and ex racers out there for teh lulz.

I cant work out what you mean?

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
1198 wrote:

you have go go through superbike school.. £289..

Don’t they just do normal trackdays anymore?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:33 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Motorbike track days at the circuit are organised by our friends at the British Superbike School."

https://www.blytonpark.co.uk/bike-track-days

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:39 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"Motorbike track days at the circuit are organised by our friends at the British Superbike School."

https://www.blytonpark.co.uk/bike-track-days

thats what i said - its training for £289 not use of the track

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:29 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
not use of the track

"A FULL DAYS ON-TRACK TRAINING FOR £289"

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:03 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:
not use of the track

"A FULL DAYS ON-TRACK TRAINING FOR £289"

Yes, TRAINING.. were talking about going to use a track, like you pay to go on the others, from £89 etc.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:43 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
were talking about going to use a track

You can go and use their track, your £289 gets you five lots of twenty minutes of track time. Wink

Last edited by Ste on 18:35 - 29 Feb 2020; edited 1 time in total

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:55 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ste"]
Quote:
were talking about going to use a track[/quote
You can go and use their track, your £289 gets you five lots of twenty minutes of track time. Wink

i give in today.. beer time f;;k it.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadwell is the best, yes it is technical but go in the novice group and take it easy in the first session and you'll be fine.

OGR
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 28 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2