track day around Yorkshire

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:24 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
Cadwell is the best, yes it is technical but go in the novice group and take it easy in the first session and you'll be fine.

OGR

would you just use your road bike as standard or need to do anything? daft i know but i hear people make changes. as a novice id just want to practice on my bike as it is.. obviously need to upgrade insurance

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:06 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
Old Git Racing wrote:
Cadwell is the best, yes it is technical but go in the novice group and take it easy in the first session and you'll be fine.

OGR

would you just use your road bike as standard or need to do anything? daft i know but i hear people make changes. as a novice id just want to practice on my bike as it is.. obviously need to upgrade insurance

If your bike is in pretty reasonable condition (tyres, chain and sprockets, brake pads etc) I wouldn’t bother upgrading anything personally. Unless you’re the next previously undiscovered world champion you won’t be outriding your bike in my opinion.
Equally track insurance is available but is ‘somewhat’ expensive and, when I last looked at least, has an excess of 50% of the value. Track bikes are often available to hire at the circuit incidentally, although again at a cost.
Your choice, your bike, your cash, your risk.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:37 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your bike is in pretty reasonable condition (tyres, chain and sprockets, brake pads etc) I wouldn’t bother upgrading anything personally. Unless you’re the next previously undiscovered world champion you won’t be outriding your bike in my opinion.
Equally track insurance is available but is ‘somewhat’ expensive and, when I last looked at least, has an excess of 50% of the value. Track bikes are often available to hire at the circuit incidentally, although again at a cost.
Your choice, your bike, your cash, your risk.[/quote]

so true, i doubt id use the bike at 60% of what it can do.. just think it would be good fun

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track days are excellent but addictive - just be prepared for the idea you may soon end up buying a dedicated track bike, trailer, tyre warmers..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:14 - 03 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Track days are excellent but addictive - just be prepared for the idea you may soon end up buying a dedicated track bike, trailer, tyre warmers..

dont say that lol.. bad enough eyeing up a new lid etc.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:07 - 08 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure your bike is in good nick. Last one I did was on a BMW R1150R lump. Mind you they made me take the topbox off, apart from that just as I ride it on the road.

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:22 - 08 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
Just make sure your bike is in good nick. Last one I did was on a BMW R1150R lump. Mind you they made me take the topbox off, apart from that just as I ride it on the road.

great cheers
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2