Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The UK Vaccine nationalism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Val This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:33 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could post "the sky is blue" and I'd still step out my front door to check.

For the record: no one cares, Val, about anything you post. I'd have thought you'd got the message by now?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:58 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
You could post "the sky is blue" and I'd still step out my front door to check.

For the record: no one cares, Val, about anything you post. I'd have thought you'd got the message by now?

You can care or have your opinion, but you can not have your own facts.

EU Finance Commissioner Mairead McGuinness wrote:

"EU has been vaccine internationalist, not vaccine nationalist...it is interesting how when facts are put on the table, different opinions are formed on those facts, and everyone is entitled to their opinion but not their own facts."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:12 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you need them? You can't even use the ones you have.

Oh, edited to add... Covid-19: Record-breaking day with 844,285 vaccine doses given in UK

That's pretty much what the EU's managed in a month isn't it? Whistle

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:46 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, you are too good for us evil Brits. Time to move to France isn't it?

Bye Smile

I can't wait for my vaccine obtained through nationalism Very Happy Much more reliable than a vaccine obtained through diversity Sick

Besides I heard the EU were going to use the Sputnik vaccine? The one made by a racist, sexist, homophobic neo-Nazi? Supplier of preference for the Germans I suppose Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:15 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is, the UK paid over the odds (and at least more than anyone else per dose) to ensure that the vaccine was developed in as rapid a time as possible and ensured that our contract with them stated that the UK gets the recipients from the UK producing plants until the contracted amounts have been provided.

You are aware of contract law? This isn't an export control. It's a contract. The EU dragged it's heels and so signed a contract afterwards.

The fact of the matter is that the problems in the EU go much wider than delivery from a single country.

Supply chains, conflicting and changing advice and then stopping the rollout for a death rate from clotting issues that was lower than the rates normally seen in the general public anyway are just a few.

When EU leaders state they have no confidence in a vaccine and then have a hissyfit about the lack of supplies that they can't give away to their own people because they've told them it's unsafe is laughable.

The US was the first country to actually restrict exports (the UK hasn't it's built into the contract, no exports restrictions are in place at the ports etc.)

In addition, the UK found the supply chain issues early on and fixed them early on. The EU hasn't fixed them yet.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:41 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and now the EU has said it has 'no need' of the Russian 'Sputnik' vaccine.

You couldn't make it up.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:18 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

We paid for a vaccine to be developed for the EU and arranged for it to be supplied to the EU, and the rest of the world at cost price.

Even when the EU failed to order any. We continued to fund the development and clinical trials. Infrastructutre was put in place within Europe to manufacture the vaccine.

The EU has been handed a pre-made vaccine on a plate, ready to go in EU manufacturing facilities as rapidly a safely possible. What did they do with this tremendous opportunity? Drag their heels and tie it down in red tape then blame anyone but themselves for the consequences of this action.

This is EXACTLY why we left.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem of the EU’s own making. If it weren’t for the UK’s decisiveness, early commitment and support to manufacturing and distribution there would be no vaccine. The Netherlands plant currently in the news couldn’t supply to the EU anyway because the EU hasn’t even approved it yet. The desperate approach the EU is now resorting to is understandable but you don’t get to be late on the order books, first in the queue. There may be a case for redistribution but the EU is making the case like it’s their right. Typical arrogance, typical incompetence.

Reminder: it was never about the money. Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:48 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Re: The UK Vaccine nationalism Reply with quote

Val wrote:
UK export of covid vaccine so far: 0 doses.

UK number of covid vaccines developed so far: 1

EU number of covid vaccines developed so far: 0

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val is clutching at straws here.

Surely he realises we are not in the EU anymore, so distributing from the UK would be pointless considering our needs/logistics/costs when it is being made in larger numbers in the EU.

We have to import it from the EU, as we dont make enough.

Have you considered moaning about any other country not exporting supplies of vaccines instead of moaning about the country that has done the single most to ensure the world gets OUR vaccine?

How's that Polish vaccine coming on?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the flurry of posts I suspect Putin's pay check came in Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Given the flurry of posts I suspect Putin's pay check came in Laughing

He'll probably be abducted up the back passage by some burly Romanian Ruffians as payment.

He'll like that. Da.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are Lord Haw Haw, and I claim my 5 Euros.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
We paid for a vaccine to be developed for the EU and arranged for it to be supplied to the EU, and the rest of the world at cost price.

Even when the EU failed to order any. We continued to fund the development and clinical trials. Infrastructutre was put in place within Europe to manufacture the vaccine.

The EU has been handed a pre-made vaccine on a plate, ready to go in EU manufacturing facilities as rapidly a safely possible. What did they do with this tremendous opportunity? Drag their heels and tie it down in red tape then blame anyone but themselves for the consequences of this action.

This is EXACTLY why we left.

I agree this is exactly why you left - and it is called ignorance.

The UK invested in AZ £65m pounds compared to The European Commission has made a 336 million euro ($396 million) downpayment in August 2020.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-vaccine-price-idUKKBN25N25X

Never stop facts from preventing you spreading utter BS.

As I have said you can have your opinion, but you can not have your own facts.

The fact is UK has exported 0 vaccine doses compared to the EU exported 46m from which 10m to the UK.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

As I have said you can have your opinion, but you can not have your own facts.

You can keep your own opinion, and your own facts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three months behind the UK, when time was of the essence.
Doh!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You couldn't make Val up Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:43 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The European Commission has made a 336 million euro ($396 million) downpayment to British drug maker AstraZeneca AZN.L to secure at least 300 million doses of its potential COVID-19 vaccine, a spokesman said on Thursday.

So the UK help fund a British company to develop the vaccine, then once the vaccine is in testing phases the EU pre-order 336m Euros of them?

How are you spinning this into a funding issue? The EU were just customers. So you have proven that us generous Brits have sold the EU 336m worth of doses at cost.

Those wonderful Brits, always thinking of others.

If it was me, I would fuck you all off until 100% of the British people that wanted it, got it first. After that, the ones that complained the least would get theirs.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Re: The UK Vaccine nationalism Reply with quote

Val wrote:
For the record: it is a fact that the UK government has banned vaccine export in the AZ contract! Both Oxford Biomedica & Cobra Biologics listed as suppliers to the EU in the contract with AstraZeneca and not a single dose of vaccine has so far been shipped to the EU.

UK export of covid vaccine so far: 0 doses.

The EU export worldwide: 41.6 MILLION - largest recipient 10m doses is the UK.

But guess who gets accused of "building a wall",and " "outrageous vaccine nationalism" and "behaving like a dictatorship" (Raab).

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/eu-rebuffs-uk-calls-to-ship-astrazeneca-covid-vaccines-from-europe/ar-BB1eOzPB?li=BBoPWjQ

I'd be flamed for commenting on your thread.

Do you know what a contract is?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Europe gave us Vlad the Impaler.
Now it gives us Val the Implausible.
Thinking Progress?

Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

But is he still here in UK, injecting our vaccine in his arm while slagging us off?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:02 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I agree this is exactly why you left - and it is called ignorance.

Have you left yet?

Val wrote:
The UK invested in AZ £65m pounds compared to The European Commission has made a 336 million euro ($396 million) downpayment in August 2020.

First and foremost, who do you think paid for most of the work behind the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine? The name Oxford-Astrazeneca should give you a bit of a clue! Wink

Val wrote:
Never stop facts from preventing you spreading utter BS.

Wub

Val wrote:
The fact is UK has exported 0 vaccine doses compared to the EU exported 46m from which 10m to the UK.

UK has created one vaccine and the EU has created no vaccines. Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:43 - 25 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do also realise that if the UK has ordered any "spare" doses, they won't be going to the EU either.

They'll be going to COVAX to be allocated by an independant international committee to those in greatest need who are unable to make their own arrangements.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 25 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a country pays up front for an unproven at the time vaccine, places orders well in advance in order that the company can develop and produce a vaccine, if you have a country that most of it's inhabitants take up the offer of a vaccine, Why should they take second place to countries who don't invest, don't contribute, have negative opinions of the vaccine, have a poor take up of the vaccine?
Because of the "B" word, we were able to take independent prompt action.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3