Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2020: Contains Coronavirus & Spoilers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Who is your winner?
Dovi....the man ain't no Pedrosa
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Rossi...everyday all day.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Fast Fabio...His time is now.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Mir..Go team Suzuki!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Maverick...It's for the taking.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Franco...The nice guys do win.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Miller...To see his win celebration.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Takaaki....Stealthy Tough Fast Winner!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
KTM...Pol or Brad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 09 Jan 2020    Post subject: MotoGP 2020: Contains Coronavirus & Spoilers Reply with quote

Andrea Iannone has now had his B test results through and will be heading for a ban of sorts.

So even if he'd inadvertently ingested some steroids because he shared Arnie's soup spoon that wouldn't be enough to get him off the hook.

I didn't know this but apparently some steroids are used for weight loss.

pdf showing the extent of testing the FIM do.

https://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/CMI/2019/2019_FIM_Anti-Doping_Controls_Results_171219.pdf

Last edited by Howling Terror on 19:28 - 25 Sep 2020; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:54 - 09 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like he was only tested once near the end of the season, he could of been high as a kite all year

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 30 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorenzo;
“I’m very happy to announce I just signed an agreement with Yamaha to join their Test Team. I want to do my best for Yamaha’s future, and I hope my riding experience will be helpful to engineers and riders to bring the title back to Yamaha.”
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 01 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinales, Rossi, Quateraro, Moebidelli riding and Lorenzo testing the yamaha..... they'd better give them the engine to compete! That's a lot of pay to race for podiums!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:25 - 01 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The B test was a formality. The two testing samples come from the same origin sample. The B test just eliminates a possibility of confusion or lab contamination.

As this is a WADA rules drug test, it's an absolute offence and it's the athlete's duty to ensure they don't ingest any banned substances but the interesting factors in this are as follows:

Arrow Iannone had a cosmetic procedure last year which looked to be a nose job or similar.

Arrow Iannone seems to be very much in luurve with his own image, especially looking at some instagram stuff. I personally am not on instagram but people have posted some of his images on FB... and... well... jeez.

Arrow The drug in question is an expensive version of a steroid which is too expensive for use in meat production. Apparently it's supposed to metabolise within 3 weeks, and is used on a 3 week cycle for weight loss and muscle definition. The traces are consistent with the end of a 3 week cycle apparently... (Maybe he thought he'd get away with it?)

Arrow Iannone has lost a few KG in weight since the end of the last season.

That all points towards Iannone being a very naughty boy indeed likely because of his body dysmorphic disorder, or perhaps more likely his Trump level narcissism.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 09 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Sending in a hair sample to back up his story. With hair showing a timeline of chemicals.

He's clutching at straws.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 09 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bike test has been completed at Sepang.

0.8s between top 18.

Marc crashed twice, one of which was a low side at high speed.
Front end folded.
Crutchlow also complaining about the front end of the Honda.

I get the inkling that the start to the 2020 season is when they could be at their weakest what with Marc having had another shoulder operation.

Here's the timesheet.

Top speed upper right.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQUzOpTUUAE2-Bu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 09 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bit of kit eh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQUbua9U8AMshRs?format=jpg&name=large

Yam holeshot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQUbSZ9U0AANltW?format=jpg&name=large

Different aero tryouts

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQTMxE4UwAEDuyk?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQQFaV5UwAMYlSV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQN9mZJUUAAZicN?format=jpg&name=large

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquez re-signs for 4 more years.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Marquez re-signs till retirement.

Quite.

I'm sure he's got another 1 or 2 Championships in him. There comes a time when you don't bounce so well - hopefully Rossi doesn't push until something major decides for him when he quits.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Rossi.
I remember him saying that he'd know by a few races in whether it was worth doing another year.

If the stars are in correct alignment he could end a brilliant career in the top 3, hopefully including a couple of wins.

Marc? He's at another level from them all. Pretty much invented a new riding style and that hadn't happened since King Kenny. Agree he's been very lucky not to have totalled himself.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks from the first race and Gigi hits the whole paddock right in the ride height adjustments.
The reply from Danilo Petrucci is my favourite.

Have you been trying something that lets you adjust the ride height today?

‘I don’t remember’.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERYzVnrWsAA5Ip2?format=jpg&name=large

Having just watched bits of the testing it's plainly visible when the back of the bike drops whilst exiting the corner.
It'll be deployed by the rider down the straights too.

The red and green buttons nearest to the bar end.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERfN6boXkAEoqUy?format=jpg&name=medium

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERjmDaeXUAIpSCn?format=jpg&name=large

18 within a second.

MM had a decent off and Rossi.
Both okay.

See Cal is struggling throughout the test.
Marc and Cal both ended up using Takaaki's bike or bits from it.

Miller mentioned the Duke is a missile and how the new maual ride height adjuster can make or break a lap.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:37 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

83 laps for Vinales, what a machine!

Shaping up to be a great year, really excited for the first race, I so want to see the Suzuki's show strong this year, Mir has been impressive in testing and Rins is strong as ever.

Not long now!

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Miller mentioned the Duke is a missile and how the new maual ride height adjuster can make or break a lap.

As long as you don't hit the kill switch ... it's all good!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travel Restrictions.

The big boys won't be racing next week.

Moto2 and Moto3 are still going ahead.

The ongoing coronavirus outbreak has resulted in Qatar travel restrictions being brought into force that affect passengers from Italy, amongst other countries. As of today, all passengers arriving at Doha on direct flights from Italy, or having been in Italy in the past 2 weeks, will be taken straight to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. Italy clearly plays a vital role in the Championship and in the MotoGP class - both on track and off - and therefore the decision has been taken to cancel premier class competition.

As the teams and riders of the Moto2™ and Moto3™ classes were already in Qatar for the three-day official test at Losail International Circuit earlier this week, the races of both categories will be possible. The lightweight and intermediate classes will therefore compete in their season opener from the 6th to 8th March. The same will apply to the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup, which will have two races during the Qatar Grand Prix as originally planned.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 2 races cancelled.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPkmpJuWsAAnDCE?format=jpg&name=large

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Rossi knowingly infect half of Italy so that the early races get cancelled, stops Marquez’s usual strong start to a season.....

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or does it play into his hands cos now he gets to be fully fit - who can say Very Happy

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 03 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those sneaky Europeans...trust no one.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 05 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, just when we thought Lorenzo had retired from racing he today announced a return at the Catalunya GP.

Very Trixie. Smile

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 07 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This news has just broke.

Quote:
The Italian government stops Valentino Rossi and half a paddock in his own provinces

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESiGAp3XkAQEDbp?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESiI28UXgAAFVin?format=jpg&name=large

Quote:
Italian government is confining it’s citizens in affected areas to their own provinces. No exceptions. That’s just about every Italian in the paddock confined to barracks

This season may as well be written off.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 08 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's the question .....

Do they run a season without the Italians and just say see you next year but we'll run a limited season without you?

Do they cancel the entire season?

Do they run a short season with races but no actual winner?

Do they run a short season but whoever ends that with the most points still wins?

I could see Ducati / Rossi having a bit of a whine about that ..... on the other hand you could see Quateraro / Marquez doing a bit of gleeful handrubbing.

This all presumes that nothing after Austin gets canned which no one can reliably state yet. If the entire world had done what China did with regards to lockdowns the situation would be very different.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 08 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is the 2020 championship will be 'cancelled' but I think races will take place.

They won't tell us they're cancelling anything because frankly the decisions are not down to the organisers and knowing how long it takes refunds to go through (call me cynical but if I had x million to hold onto I'd like to think they'd be some return on that) i.e Silverstone.

I don't have the numbers on Italian riders, mechanics, crew chiefs and support workers but I suspect it's sizable enough to cause major issues.
The area that Italy has put into quarantine affects 16 million people.

Personally think it's FUBAR'D regarding a championship. Can't think they'd be many racers who would be proud enough to mention they won the trophy because nobody else had turned up. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10