Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2020: Contains Coronavirus & Spoilers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Who is your winner?
Dovi....the man ain't no Pedrosa
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Rossi...everyday all day.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Fast Fabio...His time is now.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Mir..Go team Suzuki!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Maverick...It's for the taking.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Franco...The nice guys do win.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Miller...To see his win celebration.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Takaaki....Stealthy Tough Fast Winner!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
KTM...Pol or Brad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 13 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moto2 race direction..need a firm slap across the face.

[edit] Apparently they released him at the correct time...Chinny Reckon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 13 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

8th from pit is bloody good to be fair.

I'm not a lover of Misano as a circuit, but it was a great bit of racing this week!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 13 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was definitely not boring.

Next week, we may see someone make a bid for the championship.

Dovi leading at the mo. Smile wow.

Maverick...[shakes head]
Fabio...eh?
Rossi...just a tiny bit faster and he's there. Proper consistent laptimes I read.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ehy9z_OXgAEyH7o?format=jpg&name=small
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 13 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
It was definitely not boring.

Respectfully disagree a bit. The four in front all gave 100%, yes. But that circuit is a nadgery processional one-line through type affair that always seems to promise more than it delivers.

Rossi would have won if he put that move in on the first lap I reckon. Just cos it's difficult to get past.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 13 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I've been used to the same people winning, but have to agree with you there wasn't a mass of overtakes.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 14 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one had the outright edge so whoever was brave off the line got the gig. Rossi blatantly didn't have the extra pace required so where he got to was as good as he was going to get.

As ever it will be whoever is most consistent who wins and that's not going be Fabio. Nor will it be those who aren't brave, so that rules out Vinales.

If we get a squabble for the points from loads of different people then i forsee Marquez rubbing his filthy little hands with glee at the chance of a half season come back.

And that is the problem, without him there appears to be no clear competition winner - at least it makes for closer / more interesting racing.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
If we get a squabble for the points from loads of different people then i forsee Marquez rubbing his filthy little hands with glee at the chance of a half season come back.

And that is the problem, without him there appears to be no clear competition winner - at least it makes for closer / more interesting racing.

Apparently MM is back in "training", whatever that means.
Honda are in a bit of a pickle really, despite their claims that they don't build a bike for one rider, whatever their strategy has been, there's only one person who can ride it!
Honda got virtually zero TV coverage during Motogp, with both the factory and satellite teams just also rans, that's go to smart, sponsors will be wondering what they spent their money on!

What if MM does come back, who's to say he's race fit?
It's obvious he gets the red mist on race day, ok he'd managed to keep a lid on it until his first crash. Once he'd crashed there we're only ever two outcomes win it or bin it, my money was on bin it and he obliged.
Let's say he comes back for the next race, the old red mist is going to be there, he's going to be desperate for the points.
He can't afford another crash, it could stop his career in its tracks.

Having said that there's going to be huge pressure from HRC because they've got a lot of face saving to do right now.
No doubt the thought of the metaphorical tantō being sharpened is weighing on the minds of a few at HRC.

I don't think it's as easy as MM turning up and taking the title, he has so much to lose, on the other hand Honda need the glory and vindication for their bike building strategy!

Interesting times!

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:23 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an interesting interview with Lorenzo yesterday where he spoke about the Honda/Marquez situation amongst other things:

Interviewer wrote:
Do you think that Honda's current troubles highlight the need for a conceptual rethink of their bike? This is something you yourself requested.

JL wrote:
JL: I don't think Honda's priority when they signed me was to make an easier bike, although if I had stayed there I am sure we would have achieved it. The truth is that Marquez has an inimitable style and with every year that passes the bike adapts more and more closely to his style and further away from the rest of the factory riders.

As people we only tend to look for drastic solutions when the situation is critical, and whilst ever Marc continues winning titles for Honda, I don't think the factory will look to change their approach.

Was actually a good read all around if you have the time: Linky

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:34 - 19 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiQxjGBWsAEh7Zo?format=jpg&name=medium

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 19 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45LkRc123z0

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent win for Vin. Very pleased for Mir, that was a couple of quality overtakes there. Still say the track is a bit wanky.

That championship though! Dovi still not got an offer anywhere? lol

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very surprised if there aren't ongoing talks with Aprilia, I'm sure they'd take Dovi over Cal (which seem to be their most sensible two options), even if their personal results weren't taken into account you'd want to be modelling your bike on feedback compared to the Ducati rather than the Honda.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
you'd want to be modelling your bike on feedback compared to the Ducati rather than the Honda.

Gets me right in the feels over Stoner tbh! At the time he was the only one capable of wrangling a bit of a beast. And now we have the same issue with -of all things- a Honda!

Reckon they could put number plates and indis on that Yam and flog it, seems everyone can ride it well. (subtle fanboi appreciation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal Crutchlow might miss this weekend's Catalan Grand Prix because he tripped in the paddock today and ruptured ligaments in his ankle.

Marc may be doing some training in the gym but didn't come across as 'nearly ready to race' during an interview.

Will someone please get their head together/bike together/team together and have a go at winning this title.

I'm not used to this uncertainty.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:46 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Will someone please get their head together/bike together/team together and have a go at winning this title.

I'm not used to this uncertainty.

Lets be honest though, its certainly one of the most exciting MOTO GP seasons in the last 5 years due to all the uncertainty

It was all getting a bit F1 GP there for a while

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is certainly an entertaining season yet I'm frustrated that nobody has taken the championship by the scruff.

Just in; Cal Crutchlow has been declared fit for this weekend.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of shorts and t-shirts.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eir0K6gXYAAQJe_?format=jpg&name=medium

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

What's the betting he will crash this weekend?

Thinking

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eismog-WkAolQAl?format=jpg&name=large

Quote:
Happy to be able to return to the circuits and see my team again, even if it's just visiting

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

What's the betting he will crash this weekend?

Thinking

There will come a point where (and without him having any say in the matter) he won't be willing to crash at almost every corner.

If he decides to box clever then records will show he was The G.O.A.T

Speaking of which...although I never fell under the Vale spell I am loving his current work (yes, even if his next team move to Petronas Yamaha SRT will involve the 'unemployment' of at least of two his original mechanics...out of his hands we're informed)
as I was saying, he's still in the running and 2nd to Dovi in my hope for a title win.

I think this season may have other ideas if I've learned anything.

7 day poll

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernandez on a 'hot' lap in Moto 2 warm up

OGR

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I not appy'.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happier than Rossi and Dovi i suspect and possibly happier than Petruci and Zarco!

Cracking race though and a well deserved top 3.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:33 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir is looking sharp, very consistent.

I'd bet on Mir over Fabio for the championship.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Lets be honest though, its certainly one of the most exciting MOTO GP seasons in the last 5 years due to all the uncertainty

^^^ Still this. Over half way through now and I still have no idea who's going to win. I just want to see good racing, and I'd gotten used to every season being "Who will come second to Marquez?", so this one has been an absolute cracker, despite all the covid/no spectators weirdness.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10