Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2020: Contains Coronavirus & Spoilers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Who is your winner?
Dovi....the man ain't no Pedrosa
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Rossi...everyday all day.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Fast Fabio...His time is now.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Mir..Go team Suzuki!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Maverick...It's for the taking.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Franco...The nice guys do win.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Miller...To see his win celebration.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Takaaki....Stealthy Tough Fast Winner!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
KTM...Pol or Brad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 20 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbidelli says sorry for calling Zarco 'a half killer'.

The organisers have made some small changes to the Red Bull Ring’s turn three after last weekend's huge crash. The barriers on approach are now further to the left with air fencing and a fence behind

Last edited by Howling Terror on 20:34 - 20 Aug 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 20 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef4s-mGXkAIW5i5?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Proving you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 20 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert, but it feels like they've gone after the wrong issue. From the point they went collided there is no way either bike should have made it as far as they did, the gravel didn't do it's job.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 20 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only solution is re-design.

This time it's not for lack of money but a planning issue that means riders will now have to rely upon an airfence...hope it's pinned down properly.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the chance to watch a video of Dovi and Ducati after his win you'll see what a bunch of ungrateful Cs they are.

It's on motoGP.com under the heading of Unseen: Dovizioso and Ducati's perfect storm

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:00 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef8QPdvXYAAf70Q?format=jpg&name=large

Impressive data.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

HRC say Marc Marquez will not return until fully fit - in at least two or three months.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bailing at 141mph

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgGwW8qWkAItQ3e?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgGwW9aXkAEJugQ?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgGwW9dWoAE6izd?format=jpg&name=large

Restart.
C'mon Zarco.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 lap dash for the cash....was brilliant. Clapping

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not watched yet...

Barrier change, in my opinion more dangerous. Is it going to stop a bike? No. A bike will be deflected more into the slowest part of the corner. If bike is launched, the situation will be worse.
They could put an air fence/tyre wall further out in the gravel trap. It could have staggered gaps for run-ons to ride through but that wont be common where this occured.

Zarco punished again, starting from pit lane, likely becuase VR opened his mouth.. who is the only killer on the track. Im hoping he gives Rossi a boot when he makes his pass. It was a clean overtake with plenty of space, FM is more at fault for the crash.

The Pol Esp. incident I say is Pols fault. If you go wide it should be your responsibilty to check that gap has not been filled. There is the rule of, one change of racing line to defend a corner, well, going wide and pulling it back, my opinion counts as two. He is fast, but he needs to learn how to ride alongside other bikes if he is going to win at Honda.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result below

[edit] @kramdra Zarco (and I do like him) has had a bit of a reputation in the past for some reckless moves but the replay of the incident shows he wasn't at fault this time. I'm happy he got some points.
Your comment intimating Rossi being a killer is in poor taste.... as was Morbidelli's heat of the moment comment.

FWIW I'm not a VR fanatic either.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgG2SenWkAUBXax?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:34 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgHJ_5sWsAExyvg?format=jpg&name=large

Nice n close.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet Vinales is glad to be getting away from there, not had much has he.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it I bet all of Yamaha are glad to be away from there.
They're down on power to begin with...then a 'sensor' issue which made them lower the rpm by 300 then the weird no brakes thing.

Again they're depending upon Rossi to be the consistent one which is a pity because he's still riding pretty good, I suspect his fans are frustrated what with Marc out and Ducati all over the shop. A good M1 and Rossi may have been a sniff of a chance.

Nakagami was rapid in pt1 and Mir must be weeping he didn't have any front tyres left for pt2.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 24 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exploded over heated brakes apparently

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 25 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir did not swap tyres, I think everyone else did?

FQ's braking issues in practise, were just not front end stability? Did he actually loose brakes too?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 25 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Yamaha riders were complaining of braking issues. On the Brembo scale the Redbull ring ranks level 5 (highest).
I've read about the exploding discs and I've also read about incorrect calipers being fitted.

Then there was mention that Yamaha had altered the engine braking characteristics which I thought may account for Rossi falling off quite early into a right hander and with zero warning during a free practice session.

It's a mini-break now so here's something to read concerning the recent 900th GP race.

It's pretty good.
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/900-motogp-races-a-quick-history-of-the-class-of-kings

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following on from previous post; Maverick made the decision to go with a brake setup that wasn't recommended by Brembo. Hmmmm. Rolling Eyes

Latest is that Jorge Martin (moto2 contender) has tested positive for the virus.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorna have announced that they’ve been trialling radio communications today.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:51 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked the fact they don't have radio Comms with riders, it adds a little something extra that the majority of info comes from the pit board.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding it difficult to see how the rider will benefit from this that isn't already covered by the dash info, pit board and flags from the marshals.

Is it for the fans? It won't be for trackside fans, leaves it for the telly fans.

Just heard that Cal won't be racing this weekend....and Rossi was fastest in morning practice (Aldo Drudi on point with latest helmet design).

KTM win tomorrow? Wouldn't be out of the question.

That turn 3 needs reporting to the local council.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look at Nascar's vehicle-to-pit comms system from the angle of pure entertainment Smile

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM win is a big call, I don't see it this week. I'd go....

Quartararo 1st
Another Yamaha 2nd
Mir 3rd.

Both Aprilia riders were all big talk after Q1 and have fallen off the radar since. Shame, I'd like to see them up there.

I'd be happy enough with ship to shore radio for purely safety messages, which is how they're trying to tout it at the moment. I really don't want to see tactical messaging of any sort. It's bad enough with the text messaging "Engine Mapping blah".

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
You might want to look at Nascar's vehicle-to-pit comms system from the angle of pure entertainment Smile

Will they be as foul-mouthed as hoped?
Compared to F1 MotoGP isn't known as a wholly middleclass series and as much as the rich can swear with the best of them, they have nothing compared a small angry man from Scotland.

'GoMcPHUuuuuueeeeeEEE ye wee bawgag ye'.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Pol has crashed....again Laughing

yeah...He'll win it or crash out. Shifty

Miller quote: "I'm all for radio communication, because I think a lot of these guys can't think for themselves..."
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10