BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fastest A2 Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:32 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think there would be some fun to be had on a non-restricted A2 bike: lighter due to the smaller engine so better power to weight ratio. Granted you might not get that much over 100mph from it but you will be using all the bike.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 05:50 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power to weight ratio you say?

The 660cc Street Triple S for A2 noobs will have no more than 94bhp when derestricted but is 2kg heavier than the 765cc Street Triple RS which has 121bhp. Wink

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:17 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I would think there would be some fun to be had on a non-restricted A2 bike: lighter due to the smaller engine so better power to weight ratio. Granted you might not get that much over 100mph from it but you will be using all the bike.

I took the 250 out for a longer run, to stop the oil mlking up etc from only doing short work commutes.

It's a giggle. It's not fast, it never will be, but it was plenty entertaining. You have to work it to get it to do anything quickly, but it's rewarding when you do, whereas something like my VFR just makes you lazy.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:30 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:
wr6133 wrote:
[

Restricted it will be 47bhp, derestricted it will be no more than 94bhp.

Probably. I didn't mention HP.

Sorry you were refering to derestricting the mirror stalk length? My mistake.

Dickhead

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

It's a giggle. It's not fast, it never will be, but it was plenty entertaining. You have to work it to get it to do anything quickly, but it's rewarding when you do, whereas something like my VFR just makes you lazy.

Agree, as much as I enjoy batting about on the crossrunner the little CRF250L is just as much fun. Crossrunner makes traversing lots of ground quickly very easy, the little bike allows me to see more, explore more and is just as involving, albeit at lower speeds.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:06 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

Sorry you were refering to derestricting the mirror stalk length? My mistake.

Dickhead

You know what I meant, I didn't mention actual bhp numbers. Just that it is easily de restricted.

I would appreciate it if you kept your abusive comments to yourself. It's no wonder forum participation is dying out.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:38 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:

You know what I meant, I didn't mention actual bhp numbers. Just that it is easily de restricted.

I would appreciate it if you kept your abusive comments to yourself. It's no wonder forum participation is dying out.

He called you out, and used quotes to do it. I think we could give him a tad of leeway on the profanity to be honest. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:

If not power what does the below refer to? Number of wheel spokes?

RAYK47 wrote:

I suspect you will get similar to the 675 ST before the 765 upgrade (or maybe a little more).

As to what you'd appreciate...... Middle Finger

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:34 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not mention actual bhp values in any of my posts only that the A2 bike can be derestricted. I also never said it would be over 94bhp.

I said that I suspect the unrestricted STS may make a similar bhp to a standard 675 ST (but didn't state actual values), i also said maybe not (which implies I was not stating a fact but an opinion). That opinion is probably incorrect as I have no experience of derestricting an STS A2 bike.

I can take being corrected as I make so secret that I am a newbie and bow to superior knowledge. What I don't appreciate is the closing "dick head" statement. Totally uncalled for.

Plus a middle finger from you, fucking friendly here isn't it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://media.giphy.com/media/4sOZwdFKatZCw/giphy.gif

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:14 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:

Plus a middle finger from you, fucking friendly here isn't it.

You should have seen the mayhem in the white v brown bread one if you think this is bad.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where do these over 200kg 90bhp restrictable A2 bikes really shine?

Back in the era I did my DAS you had to ride a 33bhp bike for two years if you were under 21. But you could ride a 33bhp Honda Fire blade, or a GSX1300R. They were predictably shit though in that configuration.

So fast forward 22 years or so, what make big cc and 90bhp A2 bikes so fucking amazing now?

Mind you I wasn't fully aware of how limiting the regulations were on power to weight ratio's. 175kg at 47bhp doesn't sound terribly exciting, but it'll still be a decent stable and perfectly usable bike to ride.

I'd rather have even less power to get a silly light weight bike, but then you'd end up back at extremes with a 12bhp 125 I expect?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'd rather have even less power to get a silly light weight bike, but then you'd end up back at extremes with a 12bhp 125 I expect?

When I went a little mad and played games with Excel and engine specs I did draw the following conclusion:

125s are crap whichever way you look at them: power-to-weight, power-for-your-eurodollarpound. Totally crushed by regulations and the market Sad (2-stroke 125s being the exception ofc.)

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7abu6MhmCNxqUT4I/giphy.gif

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo as b4, the power to weight ratio is a nightmare for anyone on an a2 licence trying to be legal on an enduro.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:25 - 16 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but do real people and those modern millennials actually want to ride enduro bikes?

I thought that they:

a) Don't want to or like the thought of tearing up the precious green countryside and all the awful environmental impact that twatting around on enduro bikes has on precious landscape?

b) Most young A2 bikers are probably doing it because they want to ride bigger road bikes for fun and leisure reasons, and they'd have no concept of power to weight or probably don't understand it. The new shiny CBR500 or equivalent is all they need to know about, and a bit of extra weight to allow ABS to be standard kit, along with electronics and accessories is of far greater importance than an interesting bike.

An example of this might be that they don't know about or care for the gems of the old 400cc sports bike class, where 160kg/ 60bhp sharp bikes were something a bit special. They don't need these bikes or the technology or purity they had.

I haven't worked it out, but regarding A2 and 100kg bikes, it wouldn't surprise me if 15bhp is about all your allowed under the legislation.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:43 - 16 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I haven't worked it out, but regarding A2 and 100kg bikes, it wouldn't surprise me if 15bhp is about all your allowed under the legislation.

The max is 0.2kW/kg
100KG=20BHP

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 16 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDT, Nearly there. It's 26bhp for 100kilos. Approx 180kg for the max 47bhp. It's the kw/kilo that is throwing everyone. Yes Stevo, countryside destroying motorbikes are worse than coal fired power stations.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:53 - 16 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
the gems of the old 400cc sports bike class, where 160kg/ 60bhp sharp bikes were something a bit special.

160Kg? Laughing Laughing Laughing More like 180kg bone dry with the battery and tyres removed! Laughing

Izaak147
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:32 - 16 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

[quote="Pigeon"][quote="Izaak147"]Hi guys,
I'm just trying to find out what A2 bike is the fastest once derestricted. Call me childish but I'm all about speed
[/quote]

Probably best to get something fairly cheap to repair after any crashes.[/quote]

I mean thanks for the advice mate but I'm a good rider and I do most of my riding late at night after my night shifts hence the ability to go faster due to an empty dual carriageway, I wouldn't drive fast with other road users about, yes I speed but I'm sensible about it

kolu
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:02 - 17 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Izaak147 wrote:
... but I'm a good rider ...

we all are till we crash

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 17 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izaak, just give it a rest now. After 2 years on A2 you can become full A classified and get anything and stick a turbo on it. So just get an a2 bike for 2 years. Your question is really redundant, nobody derestricts an a2 with a full a licence to go fast. They just get a fucking fireblade. Oh, and dont say your buyjng an a2 restrictable bike to ride desrestriced, coz only idiots say that online!

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 17 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Izaak147 wrote:
I'm a good rider

How do you know? Really - I'm not saying you aren't. I'm genuinely interested to know what leads you to believe this.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:28 - 17 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Izaak147 wrote:
I'm a good rider

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 101 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2