Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Well the shit show has started.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:17 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Well the shit show has started. Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:
I hope I’m wrong but a good friend of mine (ex military) has informed me the Yanks have got what they wanted.

They might even get what they deserve, let’s just hope it doesn’t happen on British soil.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:46 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a huge mistake by Iran if true.

Terrorist attacks they could deny and carry on doing but to openly get in a shooting/missile war with the US (including Israel and Saudi ) will see their annihilation.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:51 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you notice the wording they're threatening anyone who gives space for US army bases. Given the placement of this last attack I wonder if Iran just want an excuse to "do an Erdoğan" and wipe out the Kurds in the northern region.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:02 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:
No fucking about now.

https://youtu.be/ffZQhnWta5s

Whats that supposed to be? could be firewarks fro all we know and if any kind of ordenence could have been filmed years ago.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:23 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
If you notice the wording they're threatening anyone who gives space for US army bases. Given the placement of this last attack I wonder if Iran just want an excuse to "do an Erdoğan" and wipe out the Kurds in the northern region.

I'm not convinced. Everything they have done against America and her allies has always been by proxy and therefore deniable even though everyone knew the power behind what happened. Terrorists and militias being the norm.

Even that General the Yanks atomised was controlling militias in Iraq and not regular Iranian troops.

Openly attacking American bases is upping the anti far more than Syria or Turkey bombing the sh1t out of the Kurds so where does it go from here?

The west got it totally wrong in Syria and have basically lost any influence there. They (we?) got it totally wrong in Iraq with lies and warmongering from Blair and Bush destabilising the region and despite wining the war. have basically lost Iraq. We should have left Kuwait to it. It's a detestable little country anyway.

We screwed up Lebanon.

We screwed up Libya.

We did a pretty good job of trying to screw up Egypt.

We even screwed up Iran because in the 70's it was a Western country rather than an Islamic republic.

And that's before we even include Israel in the Western monumental fcuk ups.

But in the end no one ever learns because no one will admit they were wrong. We never put Blair on trial for his lying. We never admitted we were wrong to go to war. Nor did anyone else.

America, Saudi Arabia and Israel if they want can lay waste to Iran without too much effort and all that stands in their way is the response of Russia and China.

Will they be playing RISK with real people?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:24 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Openly attacking American bases is upping the anti far more than Syria or Turkey bombing the sh1t out of the Kurds so where does it go from here?

America, Saudi Arabia and Israel if they want can lay waste to Iran without too much effort and all that stands in their way is the response of Russia and China.

You don't consider the US openly strafing a sovereign nation's international airport as 'upping the anti'?

Are the Saudi's (and other muslim nations in the region) going to stand by and watch should the US and Israel lay waste to a muslim nation? I wouldn't want to count on it.

When have governments, especially the US, ever given a shit about 'real people'? Do I need to remind anyone just how many nations have nuked another (and one that was on the verge of capitulation)?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:12 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Fateh-110 missiles. 300km range seems about right and it looked like a single stage missile. Iranians do have longer range missiles and cruise missiles but I would imagine they will save those in case there is a real fight. The real question is whether Iran starts dispersing the missile launchers away from the bases. If it doesn't and the US attacks most of them will get destroyed on the ground.

mentalboy wrote:

You don't consider the US openly strafing a sovereign nation's international airport as 'upping the anti'?

Are the Saudi's (and other muslim nations in the region) going to stand by and watch should the US and Israel lay waste to a muslim nation? I wouldn't want to count on it.

When have governments, especially the US, ever given a shit about 'real people'? Do I need to remind anyone just how many nations have nuked another (and one that was on the verge of capitulation)?

Actually Saudi would LOVE to see Iran get its ass beat by the US. Saudis hate Iran far more than the US does. Sure, both Muslim, but Sunny vs Shia are vying for control of the ME.

Would Saudi stand aside? Probably. But if they did get involved then it would be helping to attack Iran.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, a US presidential election is on the horizon and now we have a great opportunity to show how much the US needs to defend itself with decisive action.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

No, I was replying in response to Easy-x and his idea of Iran hitting the Kurds.

Also as said, the Saudis will offer the Americans every assistance with removing Iran as an area player. They despise each other.

As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the argument is they wouldn't have surrendered until the home islands were taken costing 100's of thousands of American lives. Maybe true, maybe they were just being vindictive like we were firebombing Dresden in 1945. I'm sure the people at that time after going through 5 years of war didn't have the moral scruples and holier than thou attitude we have today.

I have no idea what the reasoning for eliminating Soleimani was. We don't have the access to information the leaders of countries have so he could have been planning to hit Americans with his militia or Trump could be using it as excuse to start a war. What we think is the real reason will depend on whether we like or loath Trump and won't be based on any known facts.

If there are American casualties at the bases, expect more retaliation. If there aren't, maybe, just maybe this will stop here.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all mad curs but the world at large does its best to normalise the behaviour.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not convinced about this one little bit. My theory, admittedly conceived over a bowl of Shreddies this morning:

1. The General was getting too popular, so the ayatollah wanted him 'removed'.

2. Trump wanted a diversion from impeachment plus brownie points from his core voters.

So, the general gets killed, a limited but very public response is offered, after a period of high tension both leaders act the 'peacemaker' for international brownie points, and all returns to normal.

We are living in the post-truth era so nothing Trump or the Iranians say can be taken at face value.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:36 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Not convinced about this one little bit. My theory, admittedly conceived over a bowl of Shreddies this morning:

2. Trump wanted a diversion from impeachment plus brownie points from his core voters.

So, the general gets killed, a limited but very public response is offered, after a period of high tension both leaders act the 'peacemaker' for international brownie points, and all returns to normal.

We are living in the post-truth era so nothing Trump or the Iranians say can be taken at face value.

Certainly the Trump is only after a PR opertunity. This is what Trump does.

It seems this general was getting a lot of power in Tehran and it must be in someones interest that he's out of the way. I doubt it will be the more peaceful element of Iranian politics though.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

What a convoluted and Machiavellian mind you have.

If the Ayatollah had wanted him removed he would have been removed quickly and quietly with a bullet to the head in a deep dark cell in Evin prison. They don't have to answer to anyone.

To say that Trump and Khamenei are colluding over this is something worthy of a Tom Clancy novel and as much as I would love to see the shit storm if that became public, it aint gonna happen. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If the Ayatollah had wanted him removed he would have been removed quickly and quietly with a bullet to the head in a deep dark cell in Evin prison. They don't have to answer to anyone.

To say that Trump and Khamenei are colluding over this is something worthy of a Tom Clancy novel and as much as I would love to see the shit storm if that became public, it aint gonna happen. Laughing

I agree. Iran are likely to benefit from this though as Iraq is becoming more pro-Iran. Iran has made a lot of inroads into improving its influence in Iraq especially in kicking ISIS out of the north.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jusst hope the US uses this as an opportunity to take out all of Iran's nuclear sites which would bring an end to that problem for 30 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Like I say, conceived over a bowl of Shreddies whilst watching breakfast news... Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

What a convoluted and Machiavellian mind you have.I agree. Iran are likely to benefit from this though as Iraq is becoming more pro-Iran. Iran has made a lot of inroads into improving its influence in Iraq especially in kicking ISIS out of the north.

Yes, it's odd. Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani was instrumental in that and was given support in the form of air support & intelligence by the yanks, leading "The Week" to publish an excellent cover:

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Like I say, conceived over a bowl of Shreddies whilst watching breakfast news... Laughing

I believe Trump makes his assessment over a bowl of Cherios.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENUxKFjXUAEuVhC.jpg

Fuckin' orange turd!

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENU0v16UUAAOLHM.jpg

Oh dear!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commercial airliner crash in Tehran too, but 'apparently' NTDW this. There were Iranians on board.

Just seems a bit of a coincidence.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENUxKFjXUAEuVhC.jpg

Fuckin' orange turd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qieq0drzcpQ&t=0s

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 08 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/04/us/politics/trump-suleimani.html

Quote:
The Pentagon tacked on the choice of targeting Suleimani mainly to make other options seem reasonable.
They didn’t think he would take it. In the wars waged since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Pentagon officials have often offered improbable options to presidents to make other possibilities appear more palatable.

When Mr. Trump chose the option of killing General Suleimani, top military officials, flabbergasted, were immediately alarmed about the prospect of Iranian retaliatory strikes on American troops in the region. It is unclear if General Milley or Mr. Esper pushed back on the president’s decision.

Stable genius, right there! Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 107 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3