Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NORWAY TRIP 2020 - Not for profit, just lads putting togethe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Cary Langley
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:22 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: NORWAY TRIP 2020 - Not for profit, just lads putting togethe Reply with quote

Hi

anyone interested in the below trip.
Transport either to or from the top of Norway for your bike. So you can ride up and flyback or flyup and ride back.
Saves some miles and time.
Contact as per the flyer or contact me through here.

thanks Cary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the flyer say "Mark Harrison", yet you say you are Cary Langley, and you say "Contact as per the flyer or contact me through here"?

Cary Langley
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:59 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Hi well spotted. Mark has arranged the hgv side and is welding up proper platforms to strap the bikes to. I am helping with the logistics, someone else has arranged a discount with North Sea ferries if required. There are a few of us involved as it is quite a big undertaking. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Motomike
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:51 - 03 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've committed to this trip. Doing the northbound run on my Africa Twin 1000. Had a meet up with some of the lads to discuss if there was anything that we particularly needed to see. As I've never been to Norway on bike, I'm a bit clueless, so leaving it to Mark Harrison , who has a son living there, to sort the itinerary. He is working hard putting this together for us. Looks like a good ride out, and the one way thing makes it doable for people on limited annual leave. That doesn't apply to me, tagging along for the company.
I think there are a few places left, so if interested contact Mark as per the flyer.

I got involved seeing this on another forum, and thought 'yeah, why not?' Makes a change from France/Spain/Germany.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 03 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

would get a better uptake if there was an outward and inwards return trip .. with a 2 week gap in the middle ...

tadge
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 27 Apr 2020    Post subject: Norway Reply with quote

Motomike wrote:
I've committed to this trip. Doing the northbound run on my Africa Twin 1000. Had a meet up with some of the lads to discuss if there was anything that we particularly needed to see. As I've never been to Norway on bike, I'm a bit clueless, so leaving it to Mark Harrison , who has a son living there, to sort the itinerary. He is working hard putting this together for us. Looks like a good ride out, and the one way thing makes it doable for people on limited annual leave. That doesn't apply to me, tagging along for the company.
I think there are a few places left, so if interested contact Mark as per the flyer.

I got involved seeing this on another forum, and thought 'yeah, why not?' Makes a change from France/Spain/Germany.

Please note Norway is twice as expensive for everything compared to France/Spain/Germany and it rains a lot otherwise beautiful country.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 28 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect I really can't imagine handing over my my bike to some unknown bloke off the internet to take overseas on the back of a lorry! Shocked I can just imagine my insurer's reaction... On the subject of which - what's the position with insurance? What happens if the truckload of bikes has an accident or gets nicked during a stopover?

BTW what are the chances of this being a go-er anyway in June, due to the current Covid-19 situation?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 28 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
BTW what are the chances of this being a go-er anyway in June, due to the current Covid-19 situation?

i would guess this bird is not going to fly.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 230 days between these two posts...
Lance Beinstrong This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 19 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for this or something similar if it happens next year.

Anyone up for a LWR-style road trip, hit me up!!!
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 54 days between these two posts...
HottIsland This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1