Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

When Mexican beer attacks! Corona Virus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:45 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I'm always up for reasoned discussion with you. We do seem to be at an impasse here, however.

I reckon that the science says that if vacinated you are likely to get a accelerated immune responce in the rare occasion that you get infected, and you disagree.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I reckon" is hardly peer-reviewed from a qualified source Wink

But anyway, I was talking about your generalisations about the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. I daresay most of those aren't scientists either. Just a guess mind...
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:09 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they are opinion based on observation.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And opinions are like...? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:14 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the people who were on the forum that were actually experts in the subject have, as they have on all social media, stopped talking about it because of the barracking they got from the people who weren't experts.

And you got a phd in virology in which year?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby. Mate. I don't come to me for information about viruses either Laughing

But another reminder: I was talking about your generalisations about the vaccinated and unvaccinated. It hardly inspires confidence when you start talking about the complex subject of virology Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:28 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not complex knowledge of virology to assume that if you get infected by a virus that you are vinccinated against that your immune response would quicker and result in mild symptons.

Thats what you would expect.

Vaccines cause minor symptoms after all.

It's a logical path. Explain what your logical path is to dispute this.

Apart from just 'Your wrong' or 'you don't know anything about the subject, your an accountant'?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of reminders:

I'm not a virologist.

You're not a virologist.

Conclusion: a discussion between us about virology is probably, on balance, not the best way to learn about virology Laughing

Reminder no.3:

I was interested in your generalisations about the vaccinated and unvaccinated, and how you arrived at them Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:34 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense but the logic is based on layman terms rather than science.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Layman logic huh? We've all got it Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

So that's just about everyone here including Marcus. What a terrifying thought. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:07 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Unfortunately the people who were on the forum that were actually experts in the subject have, as they have on all social media, stopped talking about it because of the barracking they got from the people who weren't experts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Are you sure they weren't barracked about sweeping generalisations? Laughing

Note to Nobby: that's not a serious remark Wink

Anyhow, must dash, I have the science of cooking to attend to Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do recall a Scandinavian study on HIV transmission and they reckoned it only needed a handful of highly promiscuous ppl to account for the majority of infections. Of course it's impolite to be critical of ppl with questionable morals (benders and crack hoes) so hardly worth doing the research Rolling Eyes

I'd imagine Covid's just the same: 80% of the infections down to 20% of the populous, a Pareto distribution.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I do recall a Scandinavian study on HIV transmission and they reckoned it only needed a handful of highly promiscuous ppl to account for the majority of infections. Of course it's impolite to be critical of ppl with questionable morals (benders and crack hoes) so hardly worth doing the research Rolling Eyes

I'd imagine Covid's just the same: 80% of the infections down to 20% of the populous, a Pareto distribution.

I read that hiv is mainly spread through societies by promiscuous males. Bent or straight.

Needle sharing too.

Leading to AIDS (Anally Induced Death Sentence).

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:00 - 17 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

But anyway, I was talking about your generalisations about the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. I daresay most of those aren't scientists either. Just a guess mind...

Are you like this in the pub? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 17 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Are you like this in the pub? Laughing

Come and buy me a beer and find out Very Happy

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 17 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Come and buy me a beer and find out Very Happy

Ah, your that guy Shocked Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 17 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the pubs I used to like going to, you couldn't hear yourself think over the (preferably live) music, let alone have any serious kind of political discussion. Sounds good, doesn't it? Smile

I only discuss politics here cos I don't have a life. What's your excuse? Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 18 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
In the pubs I used to like going to, you couldn't hear yourself think over the (preferably live) music, let alone have any serious kind of political discussion. Sounds good, doesn't it? Smile

I only discuss politics here cos I don't have a life. What's your excuse? Laughing

I have no excuses.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 18 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Perrett wrote:

What Captain Tiny Penis is also too thick to understand, was if that were the case, the figures are even worse than they look for the fans of quarterly pricks, as it would increase infection rates in the unsocially responsible fans of a natural immune system.

It's not the sharpest tool in the box, that's why it skives a living pretending to work for the public sector whilst it wastes the hours away trawling through my old posts to mark as "Flames" or "Abusive".

Somehow it gets off on silencing people who it wouldn't have the balls to do in real life. I think it's called Small Penis Syndrome. Thumbs Up

I'm calling Bullshite on your Capt. Tiny Penis dissertation.

We've all seen his hogger and he could easily be mistaken for a circus pony, with the right lighting.
(Plus, deep down, he's a mental case who would fite any cuhnt too.)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 18 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't he gone? Just let him be gone MCN. Please.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 19 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Energy Vampires have a limited lifespan.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 20 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burroughs ahead of the curve of course
https://youtu.be/glGKaNxPSc4

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 20 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Energy Vampires have a limited lifespan.

I've been thinking on this* and if there's any correlation with the Left Wing-Nuts smiling as they lie Thinking They certainly get some enjoyment out of bad news unlike "normal" ppl who more likely feel empathy to the audience to whom they're conveying the sad tidings.

The real-world equivalent of the energy vampire would be a dopamine hit. Is it from "here's something bad that's gonna happen to you (but not me)" or just the evangelical joy from singing from the Hymn Sheet? The former would imply psychopathy or at least malignant narcissism but there really aren't enough of such pathological ppl in the world despite how bad things look. I lean towards the latter, the huge grin of "my twitter's gonna light up with back-slaps from blue checkmarks" Neutral

*Tonight it's 4 cans of Desperados from the corner shop.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 52 of 71