Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

When Mexican beer attacks! Corona Virus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:29 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsecakes

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/271221456_10224165706543871_3692289329411404766_n.jpg

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Well bollocks. That sucks.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:10 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asymptomatic apart from a very minor headache that could equally be due to all the Stella i drank last night.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Asymptomatic apart from a very minor headache that could equally be due to all the Stella i drank last night.

So let me get this straight: you want everyone to get vaccinated to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed, but you're quite happy to drink gallons of beer all the time? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:21 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

So let me get this straight: you want everyone to get vaccinated to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed, but you're quite happy to drink gallons of beer all the time? Laughing

Arguably it's only me thats hurt by my drinking, just the same as your close encounters with hedges only really affected you.

It's not the same as pandemic. This is the normal state of affairs.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Arguably it's only me thats hurt by my drinking, just the same as your close encounters with hedges only really affected you.

What if others resent paying for treatment for your sclerosis of the liver or other conditions you give yourself by your actions?
I don't intend to injure myself when I ride a bike, but you are knowingly harming yourself. Or are you one of these people who thinks that excessive drinking isn't harming you?

I haven't even been registered with a GP for the last 6 years, haven't seen a doctor in over 7, despite having an undiagnosed problem, which I seem to be able to manage fairly well. In fact I have a list of problems I could be seeing doctors and all the rest about, but I don't. I'm doing my bit Smile

The waiting list for NHS treatment is in the region of 6 million now, thanks to Covid. They will never be able to catch up with that. Why would you add to the problem when you know there are things you could be doing to reduce the health risk to yourself?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:03 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen a doctor for 5 years and that was to have my balls done.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal responsibility vs social responsibility Thinking

On the one hand "deny healthcare to the unvaccinated!" but on the other no mention that losing weight and keeping fit would have any bearing on a Covid infection's outcome Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I've not seen a doctor for 5 years

Wasted if you continue your excessive drinking.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:19 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, despite being over the age of 50 and thus in a higher risk group, as a triple vaccinated person I'm the only one in the house with no symptoms.

The little bastard (5) was feverish and chucking up for a couple of days,

The no. 2 felt like death for a few days

No.1 son was coughing and now has changes to taste and smell

Mrs Bastard has a sore throat, cough, and 'feeling rough'.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

What if others resent paying for treatment for your sclerosis of the liver or other conditions you give yourself by your actions?
I don't intend to injure myself when I ride a bike, but you are knowingly harming yourself. Or are you one of these people who thinks that excessive drinking isn't harming you?

I haven't even been registered with a GP for the last 6 years, haven't seen a doctor in over 7, despite having an undiagnosed problem, which I seem to be able to manage fairly well. In fact I have a list of problems I could be seeing doctors and all the rest about, but I don't. I'm doing my bit Smile

The waiting list for NHS treatment is in the region of 6 million now, thanks to Covid. They will never be able to catch up with that. Why would you add to the problem when you know there are things you could be doing to reduce the health risk to yourself?

Were you exceeding the speed limit? Cornering on the limit? Or were you riding safely and sedately?

If you haven't been registered or visited a doctor, it's arguable that by not doing so and getting conditions treated quickly, you're becoming more of a liability and may need more extensive, time consuming and expensive treatment in the long run.

Do you drink or smoke? I know you're partial to a bit of puff from time to time and unless you're eating that, you're probably doing more damage by inhaling all that tarry crap along with any interesting additives used to bulk it out in the supply chain.

Glass houses and all that... Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's arguable that black is white, but I'm not inclined to do so Laughing
And I'm not one of those saying everyone must get vaccinated to save the NHS and protect others Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
And I'm not one of those saying everyone must get vaccinated to save the NHS and protect others Wink

Ah, avoiding the questions I see... Wink Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Ah, avoiding the questions I see... Wink Laughing

And by that answer, you are still avoiding my point I see... Wink Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

But isn't the point we all need to get jabbed to "save the NHS" but we mustn't say people should lead healthier lifestyles to achieve the same aim. Quite the reverse in fact; need cancer treatment? Get to the back of the queue, we'll get to you after the 5th booster shot.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:18 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I feel like utter shite today, as do half the people at work. Sore throats and snotty noses all round. No cough, temperature or alterations to sense of taste though. All negative on lateral flows so presumably carry on as if it isn't covid until such time as it is.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
But isn't the point we all need to get jabbed to "save the NHS" but we mustn't say people should lead healthier lifestyles to achieve the same aim. Quite the reverse in fact; need cancer treatment? Get to the back of the queue, we'll get to you after the 5th booster shot.

The NHS can cope with the number of people ailing from legal drugs (alcohol, tobacco, … sugar?), a sedentary lifestyle and/or a genetic inclination to obesity or cancer in normal times. Add a passing pandemic and supposedly it’s at risk of collapse, so nail the pandemic and get back to normality. Fair enough. In fact I doubt the ‘heroic’ NHS is as ‘at risk’ as it likes to portray. It does the job we pay it to do. If it’s hard work well, welcome to the world of work.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:04 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Well, I feel like utter shite today, as do half the people at work. Sore throats and snotty noses all round. No cough, temperature or alterations to sense of taste though. All negative on lateral flows so presumably carry on as if it isn't covid until such time as it is.

Did two lateral flow tests yesterday, both negative. Did one today, positive.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:13 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Aye, I did another tis evening and all ok. I'll probably do another in the morning if I stil feel like crap.

On the plus side, if it's negative, probaby means you aren't shedding much in the way of virus.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:20 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the plus side i find copious doses of Stella seems to alleviate the symptoms.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:26 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
On the plus side i find copious doses of Stella seems to alleviate the symptoms.

I think a hefty tot of Mount gay rum is in order before bed. Which goes to show my sense of taste is ok because I wouldn't waste it if I couldn't taste it.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

With omicron you don't usually get loss of taste/smell or coughing.
It's runny nose, headache. Muscle ache/fatigue.
Similar to bad cold.
They haven't bothered updating info on NHS website as it would cost £billions I expect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Sorry, I'm fresh out of medals Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Think of the NHS! Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Invalid result - where's the U and the N Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 105 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 58 of 71