Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

When Mexican beer attacks! Corona Virus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:

Do you know which type the government are looking to distribute through Amazon?

My understanding was it could only detect a current infection. If it could detect previous, it would be worth testing everyone. If it can’t, there’s really no point, we must all assume we haven’t had it yet.

From what I've heard, it's an finger prick antibody test.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPD,

One half of the strategy is "top down" i.e blanket covering everyone with a lockdown. Testing performs the "bottom up" half to isolate virus in a specific host much like a quarantine, but presumably is focused on people who might otherwise evade the quarantine like doctors, nurses and paramedics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:07 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
the best care home in the whole country

But they couldn't organise transport for someone moving in?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:11 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Val wrote:
In other news: Johnson and Hanckock have broken all the NHS rules and jumped NHS testing queue

What queue? You seem to think that people in government who show symptoms shouldn't be tested.

Why's that?

Because Val wants the entire establishment dismantled, society descend into chaos and then he and his ilk think they can build utopia from the ashes of the dead.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into a supermarket by a hospital earlier. It felt a bit like this:

https://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/pacman.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:37 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well isolating has already visited some domestic violence on my street. 2am happily getting bombed in Aldi Rum amd watching Fear the walking dead, when all hell breaks lose over the road. It sounded like our local drug dealing bitch wad getting kicked to death by her son. Should I call the Babylon? Hmmm let me fix myself another Rum and Coke and think about it.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I went into a supermarket by a hospital earlier. It felt a bit like this:

https://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/pacman.jpg

I always wondered how going down that passage off the right of the screen makes you magically appear on the left.

Years later I learnt, Pacman's universe is the three dimensional surface of a 4D hyperbolic torroid Thumbs Up

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just leave that here:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/l0MXk05.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be funny if we knew who Laura was Thinking Probably not though.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

shite joke is sh1te.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I think its journoslut Laura Coonburger from the Brainwashing Corp.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

I think its journoslut Laura Coonburger from the Brainwashing Corp.

BBC Political Editor (had to Google her, and that's all I'd do to her!)

Okay, I take it back, Val, let's hope she does get the virus Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:51 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 7.5 billion people on planet earth. So far the death toll from COVID-19 is 42000. Is COVID-19 really that bad? Am I missing something? Lots if humans dieing doesn't usually illicit much more response from the world other than celebs putting on a charity show. Anyone think there's something more to what's going on than we get told? Or am I just slipping down the conspiracy theory tube?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:56 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
There's 7.5 billion people on planet earth. So far the death toll from COVID-19 is 42000. Is COVID-19 really that bad? Am I missing something? Lots if humans dieing doesn't usually illicit much more response from the world other than celebs putting on a charity show. Anyone think there's something more to what's going on than we get told? Or am I just slipping down the conspiracy theory tube?

So the tin foil hat brigade have progressed from 'it's a hoax' to 'it'll all blow over in two weeks' to 'more people die from flu' to 'it's only 42,000 dead'. Just what kind of numbers do we need to be talking about before it moves out of the trivial deathkill virus stage and the tin foilers think it might be an issue, 100,000, 1 million, 10 million, or a nice solid 100 million? Or should we just ignore it all and crack on chasing a buck while the boffins make a vaccine for those still standing by Christmas?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:48 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
There's 7.5 billion people on planet earth. So far the death toll from COVID-19 is 42000. Is COVID-19 really that bad?

So the tin foil hat brigade have progressed from 'it's a hoax' to 'it'll all blow over in two weeks' to 'more people die from flu' to 'it's only 42,000 dead'. Just what kind of numbers do we need to be talking about before it moves out of the trivial deathkill virus stage and the tin foilers think it might be an issue, 100,000, 1 million, 10 million, or a nice solid 100 million?

They forget or ignore the fact that the reason it is "not so bad" is the massive efforts that have gone into stopping it.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:20 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ts8X3HDtPE

Basically, stats are very hard to use and understand with something like this where there is so much lag as well as misinformation.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Because Val wants the entire establishment dismantled, society descend into chaos and then he and his ilk think they can build utopia from the ashes of the dead.

Ahh yes I remember the Thatcher years Rolling Eyes

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:53 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

So the tin foil hat brigade have progressed from 'it's a hoax' to 'it'll all blow over in two weeks' to 'more people die from flu' to 'it's only 42,000 dead'. Just what kind of numbers do we need to be talking about before it moves out of the trivial deathkill virus stage and the tin foilers think it might be an issue, 100,000, 1 million, 10 million, or a nice solid 100 million? Or should we just ignore it all and crack on chasing a buck while the boffins make a vaccine for those still standing by Christmas?

I think im just suffering from too much looking at Facebook. Its depressing me, all the we're in ut together s#ite and community feels. I also had a conversation at work with someone who has a reletive whos some big shot micro biologist with a big pharmaceutical company, apparently his view is there is more to this outbreak than the news reports. My work is bloody depressing as well.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Ahh yes I remember the Thatcher years Rolling Eyes

Oh gods, yes! Death toll in the millions, bodies stacked in the streets, who could forget.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor on Sky: Masks don't work, don't use them
[images of doctors all wearing masks which "don't work"]
Doctor on Sky: Ok, they do work, we just want to keep them for ourselves.

You are disposable. Honesty is always the best policy.

Riejufixing wrote:

They forget or ignore the fact that the reason it is "not so bad" is the massive efforts that have gone into stopping it.

It isn't that bad. The projections are it will kill about the same number of people as a bad Flu outbreak, and without countermeasures maybe 3 or 4 times that. The virus itself isn't even very deadly, it's the immune reaction and cytokine storm that is the problem. This seems to be why it kills older people, their immune systems are more likely to over-react to the virus. The vast majority of the people dying were going to die of something else relatively soon anyway. It raises an interesting question about the lockdown of younger people about what is life. Is it better to lock up a 20 year old for 3 months so a 95 year old survives another 6 months? The amount of "living" done by the 20 year old in their summer break from uni would be far more than that of a 95 lying in a care home surely? Doctors have raised similar questions, like is it better for them to "live" another 2 weeks sedated on a ventilator, or another week awake with their family?

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Well it also affects the middle aged and older baby boomers, the same people who own all of the assets and make all of the decisions in our country, so it's going to be top of the list. I do think that younger people will end up paying the price for this disaster, at least based on the last financial crisis, where younger people paid most of the economic price. Unfortunately this means for many their economic progress will be set back by possibly as much as 15 years, a ripe ground for the communists to exploit.

Last edited by Im-a-Ridah on 12:08 - 01 Apr 2020; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 11 of 71