Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Live CoronaVirus map

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:22 - 13 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prolly 'cos its a load of bollocks, the bloody Flu kills more people every year, and 2000 people are killed on the roads every year that's 4.9 a day.

Never be surprised at the existence of large groups of insanely stupid people. Biggest Fake News stories ever.

There's shit happening underfoot, it's either to quell large groups of people gathering to protest, of to blame the coming world recession on it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 13 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Prolly 'cos its a load of bollocks, the bloody Flu kills more people every year, and 2000 people are killed on the roads every year that's 4.9 a day.

Never be surprised at the existence of large groups of insanely stupid people. Biggest Fake News stories ever.

There's shit happening underfoot, it's either to quell large groups of people gathering to protest, of to blame the coming world recession on it.

The difference here is Coronavirus is highly infectious - not a problem in itself - and 80% of ppl will just get over it like any other flu. The other 20% need medical attention. This varies between extra oxygen to full ventilator. If you keep on top of the numbers the medical teams can cope with keeping the death rate to less than traditional flu numbers. If it gets out of hand too quickly (e.g. Italy, Iran) then healthcare services are overwhelmed and you get Spanish Flu rates, i.e. 20% mortality.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 14 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 14 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep seeing lots of people post shit like "flu kills more people" etc.

At its current rate flu probably has killed more people, most people will probably be fine after having a cough and temperature for a few daysn the big problem is that its highly infectious and we don't have any natural immunity to it.

we are no were near the peak of the infection which they're saying is a few weeks away, thats when we'll start seeing real issues. Hospitals being overwhelmed by people who can't fight it off, supply chain issues because people are sick or isolated.

Certainly don't think panicking and buying a 40 year supply of bog roll and pasta will help anyone, but being sensible and making sure you got a few extras in when you do the weekly shop isnt a bad idea.

I don't subscribe to idea that this was a bio weapon or some man made attempt a eugenics, but dismissing this as over hyped or fake news is nieve.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 14 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Donk mentioned earlier, the John Hopkins page linked in the first post is presumably getting way too much traffic as it seems reluctant to spit out complete data when accessed, been happening for two or three days now.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 14 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
As Donk mentioned earlier, the John Hopkins page linked in the first post is presumably getting way too much traffic as it seems reluctant to spit out complete data when accessed, been happening for two or three days now.

Either the UK figures are way out of date, or our approach has worked far better than other major European countries, as we have way, way less infections and fatalities so far.

Germany has really kicked off over the last couple of days, as has Spain and France.

Possibly, however some US figures were booting up but not showing the deaths in FL, which featured early in the deathkill season.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 14 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the stats from around the world is concerning.
The recovery stats and time between cases indicate some control is in effect.
But other sources suggest that's just the first wave.
Re-infection with a more advanced strain might not be as easy to shrug off.

Also many countries have no data, or no numbers for deaths.
I maybe need to adjust my theory for population size.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 14 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They reckon the earliest instances in Italy would have been diagnosed as flu until the penny dropped and people started getting tested.

In the UK we've been told to simply self-isolate if we have symptoms. Without reporting your illness or being tested the true infection rate won't be apparent.

I have no problem with that. A test without a treatment is not much use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already been made perfectly clear that this is Allah's punishment for the treatment of some Chinese muslims.

Has anyone in the forum got it yet? I'm worried about Val.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
I see Italy, with a population of 60,000,000, almost 25 times smaller than China, is now nearly overtaking China, with it's population of 1,400,000,000 in official death figures.

Either Italy have approached this the wrong way or China was suspiciously over prepared for this China virus.
It;s almost as if they had already prepared for it with the thousands of prefab hospital units, staff and equipment all sitting there, ready to deploy in 10 days to operational.

Jesus Christ your posts are boring. You aren't adding anything to the conversation.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
I see Italy, with a population of 60,000,000, almost 25 times smaller than China, is now nearly overtaking China, with it's population of 1,400,000,000 in official death figures.

Either Italy have approached this the wrong way or China was suspiciously over prepared for this China virus.
It's almost as if they had already prepared for it with the thousands of prefab hospital units, staff and equipment all sitting there, ready to deploy in 10 days to operational.

Christ I bet your conspiracy tin hat theories must be going off the scale right now, what with Barnier now diagnosed with it, what will this mean for brexit transition period negotiations? Still think it originated in a chinese lab, and, not a german one? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if that's the case then why Italy specifically so bad?

What did the Romans ever do to China?

Yes I know Romans different from Italy, etc. etc.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:29 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:

It was the middle of Italy's skiing holiday season wasn't it? Isn't this the region? Cold outside, everyone huddling up indoors, tourists galore spreading it back to their home countries, 27% and by far the largest proportion of which are British.

Yet the UK has one of the lowest rates in europe per head of population.
Kawasaki Jimbo This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Every time anything happens, Donk thinks he knows a great big secret about it. Where does he get these ideas from?
Laughing

Val.
Ste This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9