Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fat Club BCF style

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 08 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it difficult to talk about my own fitness journey. It seems a very personal thing, especially given my injury limitations. Progress is still steady. Got a good range of exercises that work most of the body now, although I can't do any overhead moves. My only goal in each session is to try to do a little more than the last time. Unfortunately, I'm also limited on available weight, so I end up doing stupid numbers of reps with some exercises, and multiple sets of everything. Cardio is still problematic.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 17 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this thread supposed to replace the health and fitness one? I'll treat it as if it is.

Been pretty listless for the last few days, not doing anything, but today I worked out a pretty good session with my very own improv. on resistance bands, vis. x2 strong bungee cords Laughing
I thought I might be wasting my time not having the proper items, but by 'eck, that was quite a good little work out! Very Happy
4 exercises that gave good isolation on rear delts, pecs, lats and triceps, three sets of each one. Quite pleased with that, think I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 18 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now comment on this as I done did get fat. Laughing

After I came back from America and Canada etc I was 80kg. At 6'2"ish that's ok for me. That was 18 months ago, and I've since put on 10kgs! I blame moving in with the Mrs and too many takeaways.

I've started using a cycling machine and have been doing 10km each morning. My rowing machine has now turned up, so this morning I added 2km of rowing on top of that too.

It's not much - but it's a start, and I refuse to buy new leathers so the gut has to go.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:28 - 19 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 days in, 1kg down. Not much, but the right direction.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 19 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost 1.5 stone since February.
I'm hardly eating because i'm completely inactive. Soon as I eat properly the weight will go on.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 24 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down from 213lbs to 200.4lbs (as of Sunday)

> Cycling 3/4 times a week
> Alternating everday - Pull ups (30) and Press-ups (100)
> App everyday Home Workout

Food
Eat everything except bread, sugar/sweet things, alcohol, dairy

Upping my output to 50 pull ups and 200 press ups after this month. Feel like i'm smashing it at the moment. I can feel my stomach shrinking. It's a lovely feeling.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 24 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

Don't you get bored just doing these? Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 24 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Bubbs wrote:

Consider investing in a blow-up doll.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:28 - 25 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

Upping my output to 50 pull ups and 200 press ups after this month. Feel like i'm smashing it at the moment. I can feel my stomach shrinking. It's a lovely feeling.

DONT MAKE ME HATE YOU Evil or Very Mad

With me feckin back playing up lately , its all I can do to drag my sorry ass out of bed

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 26 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Bubbs wrote:

Yep... I dread it everymorning, but then I tell that little bitch voice to shut the fuck up and just do it anyway.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 26 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Yep... I dread it everymorning, but then I tell that little bitch voice to shut the fuck up and just do it anyway.

"Conquer your inner bitch!" Laughing

Why not introduce some weights for variation? I have to keep swapping things around in a workout and find new ways to torture myself to keep it interesting, or I'll just get lazy Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from my little walk "around the block". 3.03 miles in 42 mins, which is an improvement on a fortnight ago.

Shoes. I need new shoes for walking in, which must be hard-wearing, but do not need to have cleated soles, preferably cheap. Even used. Boots might do too, but again no cleated soles. Where's a good place to ask (if not here)?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:16 - 01 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been walking a lot lately. Doing circuits of the local common. 1 lap is approximately a half mile, it's a square route
where 1 side goes downhill, the remaining three uphill on a very gradual incline so 3/4 of the time I'm walking uphill.
My daily minimum distance target is 11.2 miles so I can achieve my weekly distance target of 78 miles+ a week, or
three marathons. I started at the end of April and haven't been tracking weight but my posture has certainly improved.
I syncced my phone with my itunes acouple of weeks ago so I just pop in my wireless earbuds crank up some music
and get walking. Pantera seems to work well.

I've worn two pairs of trainers smooth in this short space of time Shocked , I have a brand new pair of Asics Gel trainers waiting but
I'll finish wearing out the Merrells that have lasted literally a month. My first pair of Merrell shoes and my last. Middle Finger Never
seen a sole wear out so fast, I'm not a huge heavy guy and I've only ever walked on tarmac in them but they were showing
signs of visible wear after just 3 days and after a month they've pretty much had it. Shame, they were a pair of fancy gore tex
shoes as well, the upper looks new still. Determined to wear them for another few days at least. I wonder if it's the slope
causing the wear? Thinking

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:18 - 01 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

Food

I'm about 2 foot taller than you (because you are a Welsh Hobbit) and only weigh 90lbs heavier and I don't do any of that crap.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 01 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I'll finish wearing out the Merrells that have lasted literally a month. My first pair of Merrell shoes and my last. Middle Finger Never
seen a sole wear out so fast, I'm not a huge heavy guy and I've only ever walked on tarmac in them but they were showing
signs of visible wear after just 3 days and after a month they've pretty much had it. Shame, they were a pair of fancy gore tex
shoes as well, the upper looks new still. Determined to wear them for another few days at least. I wonder if it's the slope
causing the wear? Thinking

I like mine, but don't wear them for general walking, only on the fells and for my riverside walks (no paving), and they've lasted well. The soles are designed for grip rather than longevity I think, and for that I find them not bad. Possibly the support is different to the kind of shoe you might choose for walking on the flat too? So wear accelerated?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 01 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do 9 1/2 miles Mon-Fri, and twice a day at weekends. Then, I used to have some £20 "builders boots", without toecaps of course, which were good, and some leather boots which had soles made of recycled tyres, which seemed indestructible. Screwfix seem to have only toecap boots, which I don't want. Neither do I want to buy trainers every 3 weeks.

Is there such a thing as a cheap hard-wearing trainer? The sort with flat soles, a hard layer not just foamy? If not, cheap boots with smoothish soles? I don't want gore-tex or similar unnecessary stuff.

I tend to wear out the soles under the balls of my feet, towards the outside edge.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 01 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno. I bought some comfortable shoes that have more of a trainer-style sole for lots of walking, Kangols, but I now think those soles aren't going to last long Sad

We're living in an age where things aren't supposed to last Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
We're living in an age where things aren't supposed to last Rolling Eyes

I have been looking on ebay for a machine to stitch shoe soles, so that I can attach oversoles (?) of car tyre to trainer soles. Hm! Perhaps it is possible by hand.

If shoes are comfortable, and the sole is correct, it might be possible to use Evo-Stik or something. I have a large tin of that.

Edit. Kangol. Hm: https://www.sportsdirect.com/kangol-latham-trainers-mens-112063#colcode=11206303

Sole looks good and flat, but are they wide enough? Perhaps I will look at some. It is good to have a shop like Sportsdirect, even though it sells much junk.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 01 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

Edit. Kangol. Hm: https://www.sportsdirect.com/kangol-latham-trainers-mens-112063#colcode=11206303

Sole looks good and flat, but are they wide enough? Perhaps I will look at some. It is good to have a shop like Sportsdirect, even though it sells much junk.

That's where I got mine - I have to go fairly cheap, and they were half price in a sale. Down from £50 I think*.
Mine are laced moccasin style, soft uppers, and the sole isn't quite as flat as those in your link. Wear on the outside of the heels already though!
I've had trouble with finding bike boots of decent width before, but these are roomy enough even to allow for foot swelling on long walks. Due to the wear, I don't think I could recommend them to you if you can afford better though.

*It occurs to me that cheap shoes ought to be the hard wearing ones, as better off folks can afford to replace things more often!

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 02 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Bubbs wrote:

Food

I'm about 2 foot taller than you (because you are a Welsh Hobbit) and only weigh 90lbs heavier and I don't do any of that crap.

Ha ha.... you're a inspiration to us all.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:28 - 15 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
10 days in, 1kg down. Not much, but the right direction.

2kgs down now. Slow and steady wins the race.

I've also quit the booze successfully for about four weeks now.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 18 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 25.
The Saturday morning weigh in and I'm 88.5 kgs or abt 13st-13lb
which puts me in the upper end of 'healthy weight' zone.
Although I'm no longer 'overweight' for my 6'3"-ish height
I still have fat to lose.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday weigh in 199.4lbs... my weight has remained the same but my fat percentage continued to drop and my muscle percentage has increased so it's all good.

Going off just weight is a silly move. I would have lost motivation had I not had the musle and fat percentage on the smart scale to go off.

Decided to go mountain biking with my younger brother and his mates yesterday, they were hitting jumps at the jump park so decided to go for 15foot double... took off, front wheel clipped the second jump and I went flying, landed with a huge impact on my right shoulder and now it doesn't work anymore... can't even lift a tin of beans. Managed to rip skin off in multiple places so i'm in a sorry state today.

So... I may have to try my first one handed press up to see if I can do it. Hopefully the atomic dead arm goes awat quickly. I used to be able to bounce back from that kind of fall in the past but now my body refuses to function.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a goal to motivate my fitness journey. It might be a little unrealistic, depends on one certain thing being available to me in a little under 2 years time. But meanwhile, I'll pretend it's achievable. It has been hard these past two years not having anything to aim for.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I have found a goal to motivate my fitness journey. It might be a little unrealistic, depends on one certain thing being available to me in a little under 2 years time. But meanwhile, I'll pretend it's achievable. It has been hard these past two years not having anything to aim for.

What is this certain thing you speak of?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 280 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8