Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The wife bought me a valentine's present...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:01 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: The wife bought me a valentine's present... Reply with quote

Can't moan mind...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187132695@N08/49558796707/in/dateposted-public

Bollocks, going to have to add it as an attachment...

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:38 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great punishment Thumbs Up

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: The wife bought me a valentine's present... Reply with quote

secretagentmole wrote:
Can't moan mind...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187132695@N08/49558796707/in/dateposted-public

Bollocks, going to have to add it as an attachment...

Hmph Evil or Very Mad it’s not an H2 , you’d had thought she’d at least make it an R1, how selfish of her!

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but it is red.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Yeah, but it is red.

Which is the fastest colour!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ. Did she catch you shagging her sister?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:36 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
Christ. Did she catch you shagging her sister?

This is more a brother bike than anything else.

Ok, you wanna be gay, take this and enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:49 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved my first SV when I had it. I still don't think they are bad bikes. Light stiff chassis, 65bhp V twin, comfy riding position, decent wind protection. They are just let down by damper rod forks and a slightly meh shock really. With decent suspension on they go well.

I feel like those who want to rip into them don't really get it and actually wouldn't want to make the effort that the bike takes. It's lightyears better than a 600 blandit for example. So it's not a supersport making 100bhp+. Who cares? it's tonnes of fun and a great first big bike, and it's a first big bike you could spend a bit of money on and have a trackbike or sleeper or something. It's a blank canvas.

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:20 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a Trident 750, a Blandit, but I prefer v twin engines. The Suzuki v twin is a great engine, better than the lump in the NTV. I like the NTV, but this bike is the equivalent of two sacks of spuds less in weight and 25% more power.

Quicker 0 to 60 time than most cars, supercars included. Those that knock obviously haven't tried.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to show wifie this thread. I didn't even get a card. Evil or Very Mad

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

She hates you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 20 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
She hates you.

.....and she's done something very naughty. The gift is to soften you up before find out......

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd given her everything she could want materially or otherwise then it could have been very different and instead of showing how little you mean to her (SV650) you could have been shown how appreciated you are (GT750)?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:08 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I loved my first SV when I had it. I still don't think they are bad bikes. Light stiff chassis, 65bhp V twin, comfy riding position, decent wind protection. They are just let down by damper rod forks and a slightly meh shock really..

what do you reckon to the front calliper?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:24 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I loved my first SV when I had it. I still don't think they are bad bikes. Light stiff chassis, 65bhp V twin, comfy riding position, decent wind protection. ...... it's tonnes of fun and a great first big bike

That pretty much echoes what a new to biking mate thinks of his. It's his first bike and all his performance reference prior to it are fast 3 and 5 series BMW's. The SV is faster than any of them and it feels way more involved. Reasonably priced too.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:30 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Better than the ones on my VFR! Yeah so they're not 4 pot one piece radial Nissins, but they worked well enough to overwhelm the front fork. You can pull stoppies with them, so what more do you need?

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

secretagentmole wrote:
Had a Trident 750, a Blandit, but I prefer v twin engines. The Suzuki v twin is a great engine, better than the lump in the NTV. I like the NTV, but this bike is the equivalent of two sacks of spuds less in weight and 25% more power.

Interesting comments from someone who doesn't talk sense Thumbs Up

If you want to compare an SV650 to an NTV at least replace the NTV with a BROS650/Hawk GT.
The BROS650 uses the chain drive version of the NTV engine and is directly comparable with the naked SV650.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:33 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
secretagentmole wrote:

Interesting comments from someone who doesn't talk sense Thumbs Up

If you want to compare an SV650 to an NTV at least replace the NTV with a BROS650/Hawk GT.
The BROS650 uses the chain drive version of the NTV engine and is directly comparable with the naked SV650.

Yeah he's comparing bikes he's had experience of though, and the BROS is a smaller bike with a touch less power.

He's just been given a gift by his significant other, I don't think now is the time to sh*t on it to be honest.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Fisty wrote:
She hates you.

.....and she's done something very naughty. The gift is to soften you up before find out......

Oh yes.. and this is an insider's view, from the 'girl world' - take heed and start to stash some cash under the floorboards.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Yeah he's comparing bikes he's had experience of though, and the BROS is a smaller bike with a touch less power.

He's just been given a gift by his significant other, I don't think now is the time to sh*t on it to be honest.

It was still a bad comparison and I haven't rubbished the gift.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:59 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
MarJay wrote:

It was still a bad comparison and I haven't rubbished the gift.

But you rubbished the poster in his own positive thread? And people wonder why a) Nobody uses forums any more and b) social media is toxic.

Qyburn
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:06 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

They're OK if kept in good shape, which means at least an annual overhaul for a bike used all year round.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
But you rubbished the poster in his own positive thread? And people wonder why a) Nobody uses forums any more and b) social media is toxic.

Yep, he made a bad comparison. Good for him that his other half bought him an SV, I genuinely hope he enjoys it BUT his comparison was chalk and cheese.

Why are you derailing the OP's thread to attack me yet again?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:03 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Yep, he made a bad comparison. Good for him that his other half bought him an SV, I genuinely hope he enjoys it BUT his comparison was chalk and cheese.

Why are you derailing the OP's thread to attack me yet again?

ME derail the thread? Sheesh.

If he hasn't ridden a BROS then why accuse him of not 'talking sense'? That doesnt make sense. The guys other half has bought him a Motorbike fercreissakes, he's defending it and not just you Sickpup, but others are just being negative. It's quite sad really.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:04 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.r1-forum.com/attachments/s6-jpg.32050/

https://www.visordown.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/article-images/gallerymain/1/13501.jpg

https://forums.ninja250.org/uploads/42041.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=96113

Last edited by MarJay on 20:53 - 21 Feb 2020; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2