Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sale, Exhaust and suspension query for 2013 honda hornet 600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

legendracer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:34 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Sale, Exhaust and suspension query for 2013 honda hornet 600 Reply with quote

I can't find another all rounder bike in this category like my hornet 600 but at the same time its weakness is becoming bit evident to me. The slower steering, soft suspension is making me think of me KTM 890. But KTM is only for 1 person and hornet comfortably takes 2 people.

So I'm in 2 minds. Keeping the hornet which is immaculately maintained at 24000 miles, which I know has no faults at all and modifying it. Or sell it, move on with modern tech bikes. This bike is just a honda which won't give trouble at all. I did change both tyres to Michelin road 6 and new ebc sintered brake pads.

By modification can I get a better suspension for hornet 600 and changing the exhaust for dominator HP1 with decat. In that case isn't it better to buy a used header than cutting the original?

Now it may be noted that I will leave the UK by 2026. So would it be better to use the hornet until then, and export it or sell it. This does behave like a smooth commuter, hence the thought. I don't do more than 3000 miles in a year. Hornet won't get more than £3800 right now and another bike like duke 890 asks extra £3000. I'm trying to stick to the 600 class as that's the best compromise in my view with respect to the wet weight and performance for everyday rides.
So what are your suggestions please?

Thank you

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:59 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey it sounds like you're looking for such a transformation from the Hornet that it might be an unrealistic ask. Modification can make a bike better, but often it's just a thing people do to personalise it rather than actually make a better bike.

It's also fair to say that the 890 Duke is not the only option, there are countless middleweight sub 100bhp bikes around that you could consider - MT09, Tracer 9, CBR650, Z900, Street Triple etc.

Actually I'd say what you're after is a Street Triple R. Similar value to the Hornet, but better suspension, better noise and more character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

legendracer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:19 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Blimey it sounds like you're looking for such a transformation from the Hornet that it might be an unrealistic ask. Modification can make a bike better, but often it's just a thing people do to personalise it rather than actually make a better bike.

It's also fair to say that the 890 Duke is not the only option, there are countless middleweight sub 100bhp bikes around that you could consider - MT09, Tracer 9, CBR650, Z900, Street Triple etc.

Actually I'd say what you're after is a Street Triple R. Similar value to the Hornet, but better suspension, better noise and more character.

I did test ride 2020 and 2023 s triple rs and felt too naked with heavy wind blast. I don't know if a wind screen would make difference as I ride without it. Hornet head a small screen but it does the job till 70 mph. Rear seat is tiny again

How about a Suzuki gsx s750.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:23 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

legendracer wrote:
MarJay wrote:

I did test ride 2020 and 2023 s triple rs and felt too naked with heavy wind blast. I don't know if a wind screen would make difference as I ride without it. Hornet head a small screen but it does the job till 70 mph. Rear seat is tiny again

How about a Tiger 660?

The Suzuki has legendarily bad suspension.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

legendracer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:12 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to have cruise control too.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1