Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Interesting/favourite motorcycle vids on YouTube...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

I know what she says about funding the trip to be true, as I know her personally.

Can you elaborate on this? In what capacity do you know her? Are you her accountant? Her banker?

Lots of people know me personally but very few know my financial means and affairs.

I'm not sure which anecdote you'd like to share, but having met someone once or twice, or taking the same yoga class, doesn't give any insight into their life. To me, the action of selling one's house and taking a once-in-a-lifetime motorcycle trip is, patently obvious, the sort of thing you do when you have a big safety net, a source of financial support, substantial support and investments, etc. Do you see why? When the holiday is over you need somewhere to live and you need money to eat. Now, that obviously isn't a concern, and it isn't so easy to brush aside as some people think.

The bottom line is, you don't want anyone to see behins the curtains between every act, you consider a woman taking a holiday by motorcycle to be braver and worthier than anything a man can do, including working on an oil rig or fighting. Why? Because occasionally contravenes Foreign Office advice...

We will NEVER find common ground. If you spent as much time reputation-managing nurses, doctors and others taking actually brave actions on these trying times as you do for some social media personality who just rides a motorbike, your perspective might change.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
BedsClanger wrote:

Interesting first post. What's your interest in this person.

I know her (as I've already said), and I enjoy her channel.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Interesting first post. What's your interest in this person.

I know her (as I've already said), and I enjoy her channel.

So you google this person's name and what people are saying, then subscribe to various forums just to big her up?

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
So you google this person's name and what people are saying, then subscribe to various forums just to big her up?

No, I joined this place a month ago. I usually read, rather than post. But, seeing her unfairly maligned, I wanted to say something.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rieju - he/she might just be one of us.

Username indicates they're also from the land of the brussel pickers..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Seems to live near the "House Beautiful", but I have not bothered further than that.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
A100man wrote:

Seems to live near the "House Beautiful", but I have not bothered further than that.

I'm from a Bedfordshire.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

Eh? Woburn?? or more abstract than that..

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Can you elaborate on this? In what capacity do you know her?

Sorry, but I don't intend to publish that level of personal detail (about me or anyone else) to satisfy the curiosity of a stranger on the internet.

Bhud wrote:
To me, the action of selling one's house and taking a once-in-a-lifetime motorcycle trip is, patently obvious, the sort of thing you do when you have a big safety net, a source of financial support, substantial support and investments, etc.

Perhaps that says more about you than others. Her 'safety net' is made up of marketable skills and flexibility (borne in part from the absence of family responsibilites). She'll travel until her money runs out, then she'll find work again.

Bhud wrote:
...you consider a woman taking a holiday by motorcycle to be braver and worthier than anything a man can do, including working on an oil rig or fighting.

Wow! No I don't; I've made no such claim. That's a figment of your over-active imagination.

Bhud wrote:
If you spent as much time reputation-managing nurses, doctors and others taking actually brave actions on these trying times as you do for some social media personality who just rides a motorbike, your perspective might change.

Lol. I've spent about ten minutes replying to you. And that's just to put you right on your incorrect assumptions about her, rather than "reputation management". For what it's worth, my sister is on the front line of ther NHS, as was my late mother.

Bhud wrote:
We will NEVER find common ground.

Calm down! That we have little in common pleases me, given you come accross like an angry internet incel.

Last edited by BedsClanger on 16:22 - 25 Mar 2020; edited 1 time in total

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:13 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

Seems a bit creepy to be looking up where people live.

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

It's a bit creepy going online to find someone's partially taken on your nickname Shocked

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
BedsClanger wrote:

It's a bit creepy going online to find someone's partially taken on your nickname Shocked

Opps, sorry! Happy to change it if you'd like me to?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:
Sorry, but I don't intend to publish that level of personal detail (about me or anyone else) to satisfy the curiosity of a stranger on the internet.

I stated she behaves in accordance with someone who has a financial safety net. You said you knew this wasn't true, saying you knew her personally (implying you know something others don't about her finances). I asked you how you knew, and you decline to answer. So, you're a bullshit artist. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Her 'safety net' is made up of marketable skills and flexibility (borne in part from the absence of family responsibilites). She'll travel until her money runs out, then she'll find work again.

I call BS, again. If the real world worked like that, we would act accordingly, and just sell our houses, go on an extended holiday, use up our money until it runs out, and be confident to land on our feet when it was over. However, we aren't doing this.

Have YOU done this?

Quote:
No I don't. I've made no such claim. That's a figment of your over-active imagination.

Your overactive imagination is in saying someone is "unfairly maligned" when you don't know that person, probably never met them, only shared a word or two over Youtube comments, and then leaping to their defence when someone on the internet says they don't believe the story and don't like the undue adulation, veneration and attention some Youtuber is getting for nothing.

Bhud wrote:
Lol. I've spent about ten minutes replying to you.

Correction. You just this forum yesterday just because you were angry someone wasn't duly adoring your Venus. Since then, that's all you've talked about. You're logged on for hours fuming about this. When is your challenge to a duel coming? Is it going to be handbags in the park?

Quote:
That we have little in common pleases me, given you come accross like an angry internet incel.

I come across as an incel because I don't like your favourite Youtuber. OK, fine. Glad I come across that way to someone like you. I'm the one who knows you're not getting any, despite how much fake offence, handbags-at-dawn, white knighting you project in the defence of someone you've probably never met and who most likely doesn't even know you exist. But, who knows, you could get lucky if she Googles herself and decides to reward you for your devotion!

Another correction: you're the angry one, not me. You didn't join this forum to tell me it was OK to dislike a Youtube channel, did you?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtubers and internet bloggers contribute very little to society, but yet a few of them end up as celebrities and extremely wealthy.

You can't have the dancing or skating series these days without several of them on there, and what really have they done? OK raised awareness or virtue signaled. Compare that do what nurses (for example) contribute.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I stated she behaves in accordance with someone who has a financial safety net. You said you knew this wasn't true, saying you knew her personally (implying you know something others don't about her finances). I asked you how you knew, and you decline to answer. So, you're a bullshit artist. Thanks for clearing that up.

I call BS, again. If the real world worked like that, we would act accordingly, and just sell our houses, go on an extended holiday, use up our money until it runs out, and be confident to land on our feet when it was over. However, we aren't doing this.

Have YOU done this?

Your overactive imagination is in saying someone is "unfairly maligned" when you don't know that person, probably never met them, only shared a word or two over Youtube comments, and then leaping to their defence when someone on the internet says they don't believe the story and don't like the undue adulation, veneration and attention some Youtuber is getting for nothing.

Correction. You just this forum yesterday just because you were angry someone wasn't duly adoring your Venus. Since then, that's all you've talked about. You're logged on for hours fuming about this. When is your challenge to a duel coming? Is it going to be handbags in the park?

I come across as an incel because I don't like your favourite Youtuber. OK, fine. Glad I come across that way to someone like you. I'm the one who knows you're not getting any, despite how much fake offence, handbags-at-dawn, white knighting you project in the defence of someone you've probably never met and who most likely doesn't even know you exist. But, who knows, you could get lucky if she Googles herself and decides to reward you for your devotion!

Another correction: you're the angry one, not me. You didn't join this forum to tell me it was OK to dislike a Youtube channel, did you?

Lol! Wow, I've really touched a nerve.

I wondered when you'd go full incel and mention 'white knighting'! It may be hard for you to grasp, but most men are able to maintain a friendship with a woman without 'white knighting'.

I didn't join to defend her; I was already a member. I've not spent a long time doing so. And nor am I fuming.

I don't particularly care about your opinion of her, but was happy to offer my own opinion, as someone who knows her. Whether you believe that or not is of no consequence to me. As I'm sure are any of your thoughts to Noraly; whilst you're angrily bashing away at your keyboard, she's out there travelling the world by motorcyle.

Nor do I care about your (very telling) comments about 'not getting any'. But, for the record, my wife and I have been happy together for more than 20 years.

Last edited by BedsClanger on 16:55 - 25 Mar 2020; edited 1 time in total

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Youtubers and internet bloggers contribute very little to society, but yet a few of them end up as celebrities and extremely wealthy.

You can't have the dancing or skating series these days without several of them on there, and what really have they done? OK raised awareness or virtue signaled. Compare that do what nurses (for example) contribute.

Nobody's wages reflect their value to society; that's not how capitalism works. They're just entertainers. Like musicians or footballers. They're paid what people are willing to pay them.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a trustafarian?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

Oh OK, you wanted to "touch a nerve". That's a touch more than you would get from your Venus, I guess. Just start giggling and say you were trolling all along - time-honoured tactic. Who would be stupid enough to take anything you say seriously, eh?

Quote:
I wondered when you'd go full incel and mention 'white knighting'! It may be hard for you to grasp, but most men are able to maintain a friendship with a woman without 'white knighting'.

There you go again. Claiming to be a friend of someone, and to know about their finances, but refusing to expound on this to give anything you say "in their defence" any credibility.
With "friends" like you, who needs enemies? You're point-blank refusing to qualify any of your claims of authority. If you're really someone's friend and someone on the internet is annoyingly disbelieving of their sainthood, do them a favour and explain how I'm wrong.

Quote:
I didn't join to defend her; I was already a member. I've not spent a long time doing so.

Erm, your post history says otherwise. You joined the forum and started posting yesterday only when furious that someone dared to say they didn't like your goddess's worthless Youtube channel. How dare they? Angry incels on the internet... Teach them a lesson, eh. Who's to say you didn't join just to spam her channel in the first place and were biding your time?

Quote:
And nor am I fuming.

If you say so. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
I don't particularly care about your opinion of her, but was happy to offer my own opinion, as someone who knows her.

Doubtful you know her. Do you know me as well? You're willing to make inferences about others' lives purely on the basis of something you saw on the internet. For example, I'm an angry incel. On another forum, you probably say you "know" me because you interacted with me here.

Quote:
Whether you believe that or not is of no consequence to me. As I'm sure are any of your thoughts to Noraly; whilst you're angrily bashing away at your keyboard, she's out there travelling the world by motorcyle.

I'm actually self-isolating at home. Looking forward to your next angry keyboard-bashing. You've pulled the "incel" card, now let's here some more insights about me. This is entertaining - nothing else to do so carry on.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
What's a trustafarian?

Someone who affects a counter-culture persona whilst living off a trust fund.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Eh? Woburn?? or more abstract than that..

No!! Journey to a sacred place[1] and you will make progress.

[1] Not "The Cricketer's"

Last edited by Riejufixing on 17:05 - 25 Mar 2020; edited 1 time in total

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
What's a trustafarian?

Someone who makes unusual or atypical life or lifestyle choices which can only be explained by the fact that they have an invisible financial safety net. It's a derogatory term for people who grow dreadlocks and smoke a lot of weed while most others are working or studying in the hope of securing financial independence. Trustafarians don't need to do this, because they already have financial security. They can Live Laugh Love around the world, or volunteer in Africa, in a way that's baffling to everyone who doesn't see the trick. Gap years after gap years. They can be very touchy and defensive, because having substantial means is seriously uncool for a young person.

Did someone call Itchyboots a trustafarian in this thread? I mean, apart from BedsClanger?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

No you haven't, you're just being a tit.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Oh OK, you wanted to "touch a nerve". That's a touch more than you would get from your Venus, I guess. Just start giggling and say you were trolling all along - time-honoured tactic. Who would be stupid enough to take anything you say seriously, eh?

There you go again. Claiming to be a friend of someone, and to know about their finances, but refusing to expound on this to give anything you say "in their defence" any credibility.
With "friends" like you, who needs enemies? You're point-blank refusing to qualify any of your claims of authority. If you're really someone's friend and someone on the internet is annoyingly disbelieving of their sainthood, do them a favour and explain how I'm wrong.

Erm, your post history says otherwise. You joined the forum and started posting yesterday only when furious that someone dared to say they didn't like your goddess's worthless Youtube channel. How dare they? Angry incels on the internet... Teach them a lesson, eh. Who's to say you didn't join just to spam her channel in the first place and were biding your time?

If you say so. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Doubtful you know her. Do you know me as well? You're willing to make inferences about others' lives purely on the basis of something you saw on the internet. For example, I'm an angry incel. On another forum, you probably say you "know" me because you interacted with me here.

I'm actually self-isolating at home. Looking forward to your next angry keyboard-bashing. You've pulled the "incel" card, now let's here some more insights about me. This is entertaining - nothing else to do so carry on.

Lol! You really are an oddball.

I joined over a month ago, not yesterday.

I don't think she's a "saint", "Venus", or "goddess", nor do I "adore" her. That you can't conceive of a relationship between a man and a woman other than on these terms (e.g. friendship) says more about you than me.

I know you're wrong in what you say about how she's financing her trip. You can choose whether or not to believe that, but it's hardly surprising that I'm not willing to divulge personal details on the internet.

I wouldn't claim to know you in real life. In fact, I'd be embarrased to admit it if I did! But it appears to me from how wound up you've got about the fact that some people like a woman's internet channel, and in the language you use, that you have a bit of an issue with women. (I'm sure you self-isolating is a welcome break for the females in your office.)

Anyway, we're just going round-and-round, now, so I'll go outside and kick a ball round with the kids, which will allow you get back to the other neckbeards on the manosphere.

ETA:

Bhud wrote:
Did someone call Itchyboots a trustafarian in this thread?

Yes, you did (as well as creepily referring to her genitalia):

Bhud wrote:
The veneration given to a trustafarian holidaymaker just because of her genitalia makes me nauseous.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
BedsClanger wrote:

Nay worry - a different type old bean. THIS is a Bedfordshire Clanger - and jolly tasty they are too...

https://www.gunns-bakery.co.uk/bedfordshire_clanger.htm

PS please ignore those two telly twats in that link the Clanger pre-date them by some margin.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we continue, could I ask that you stop going back and editing your posts - it's hard to follow when you keep going back and adding to your list of insights about me. Self-knowledge is a good thing, and I don't want to miss anything you say about how defective I am for not believing the story and disliking that Youtube channel.

BedsClanger wrote:
Lol! You really are an oddball.

I joined over a month ago, not yesterday.

You joined over a month ago and started posting only yesterday, in response to someone daring to say they disliked and see nothing special and a lot to doubt in a particular Youtube channel.

Quote:
I don't think she's a "saint", "Venus", or "goddess", nor do I "adore" her. That you can't conceive of a relationship between a man and a woman other than on these terms (e.g. friendship) says more about you than me.

Friendship between men and friendship between women is different from "friendship" between men and women. I don't want to go off-topic here, but all that I can gather is, you claim to be a Youtuber's "friend" on the internet based on nothing. You look up that Youtube channel and the comments section is filled with adoration for that Youtuber for being a woman, heaping praise on her, some even saying they want to marry her. You say you've been married for 20 years, and you're one in that circle of Venus-worship. Well, good luck to you.

Quote:
I know you're wrong in what you say about how she's financing her trip. You can choose whether or not to believe that, but it's hardly surprising that I'm not willing to divulge personal details on the internet.

I'm not asking for your name, but some figures would be nice.

I stand by everything I said. It's extremely unlikely that anyone sells their house and goes on a world tour with only Youtube as a backup plan. I don't believe it, and, frankly, it should be clear by now I'm calling you a liar as I've given you ample chance to substantiate your claims to have special knowledge about this person.

Quote:
I wouldn't claim to know you in real life. In fact, I'd be embarrased to admit it if I did! But it appears to me from how wound up you've got about the fact that some people like a woman's internet channel, and in the language you use, that you have a bit of an issue with women. (I'm sure you self-isolating is a welcome break for the females in your office.)

Anyway, we're just going round-and-round, now, so I'll go outside and kick a ball round with the kids, which will allow you get back to the other neckbeards on the manosphere.

I have been omitting to shave under my chin the past couple of days, but I'm sure your wife doesn't mind. She doesn't usually.

I'm just a friend of hers, you see.

Quote:
Yes, you did

No, I didn't. I wrote in very general terms. You immediately thought of Itchyboots and sprang to her defence.

I would NEVER NEVER NEVER call Itchyboots a trustafarian. I apologise if it seemed I did. I take it all back, sir. You are truly the better knight!

You see, she doesn't have dreadlocks, even if she has all the other characteristics of a trustafarian. Hope that helps.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4