Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Interesting/favourite motorcycle vids on YouTube...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
You joined over a month ago...

So not yesterday, as you originally claimed.

Bhud wrote:
... in response to someone daring to say they disliked and see nothing special and a lot to doubt in a particular Youtube channel.

No, in response to your innacurate comments about her e.g. "trustafarian".

Bhud wrote:
Friendship between men and friendship between women is different from "friendship" between men and women.

What an odd comment.

Bhud wrote:
You say you've been married for 20 years, and you're one in that circle of Venus-worship. Well, good luck to you.

No, I don't worship her; I like her, and I enjoy her channel. I don't know what you find so unbelievable about that.

Bhud wrote:
I'm not asking for your name, but some figures would be nice.

I'm not going to share someone's personal information, to satisfy your curiosity.

Bhud wrote:
I stand by everything I said. It's extremely unlikely that anyone sells their house and goes on a world tour with only Youtube as a backup plan. I don't believe it, and, frankly, it should be clear by now I'm calling you a liar ...

I couldn't care less whether or not you believe me. Or that you are unable to see that some people live differently from you; that you wouldn't have the bottle to do it doesn't mean that she hasn't.

Bhud wrote:
I have been omitting to shave under my chin the past couple of days, but I'm sure your wife doesn't mind. She doesn't usually.

Even if she was single, my wife wouldn't look at someone as creepy as you. Maybe try the inflatable kind.

Bhud wrote:
No, I didn't. I wrote in very general terms. You immediately thought of Itchyboots and sprang to her defence.

You weren't speaking generally. It's there for anyone to see that you used the word 'trustafarian' to refer to Itchyboots. That you try to claim otherwise now is pathetic.

Bhud wrote:
You see, she doesn't have dreadlocks, even if she has all the other characteristics of a trustafarian.

She doesn't; you know nothing about her.

I really must go, now. But I'll grant you the last word, if it means so much to you...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have the last word:

Pass the popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

So not yesterday, as you originally claimed.

While I'm sure that daring to not join in the chorus of Venus-worship says a LOT about me and it's very important that you take time out and fill me in about everything it says, I also feel it's important to point out the disingenuousness of your truncated post above. Let's look at when you joined and when you started your rage-posting here.

You joined a month ago (in order to spam someone's Youtube channel when the opportunity arose, correct?)
You didn't make a single post here until yesterday. Your interest in bikes is such that no introduction was necessary, on your part. No need to talk about such irrelevant things, eh. You waded straight into a knightly defence of your favourite Youtuber. You claimed, repeatedly, to be that person's friend. You claimed to have special knowledge about their finances. These claims proved to be false.

Quote:
No, in response to your innacurate comments about her e.g. "trustafarian".

I haven't edited any posts. Look back and tell me in which post I said she was a trustafarian.

What happened was, I wrote that I disliked trustafarian Youtubers. You, being a "friend" of hers or not, dropping her first name here and there, connected that with Itchyboots. Well, if you say so, and:

If the BOOT fits...

Quote:
No, I don't worship her; I like her, and I enjoy her channel. I don't know what you find so unbelievable about that.

It's the backstory I don't find believable, and moreso since you decided to ineffectually wade in with your claims of special knowledge. I suppose you've already done your world tour having sold your house and are back in Blighty now, having landed softly on your feet with a million Youtube followers. Completely normal thing to do, eh? Why, who could possibly doubt a story like that?

Quote:

I'm not going to share someone's personal information, to satisfy your curiosity.

Once more, claiming falsely to have access to someone's personal information. You're basically saying you know her finances but don't want to share them here. Well, who would you have to be, to know her bank balance? You would have to be her, or her accountant, or her banker. Being a "friend", as you claim, doesn't cut it. Not even my family members know my bank balance.

Quote:
I couldn't care less whether or not you believe me. Or that you are unable to see that some people live differently from you; that you wouldn't have the bottle to do it doesn't mean that she hasn't.

As I've said before, taking a holiday by motorcycle doesn't require any particular "bottle". Your sense of perspective is way out of sync.

Bhud wrote:
Even if she was single, my wife wouldn't look at someone as creepy as you. Maybe try the inflatable kind.

I would like to try the inflatable kind but it's more expensive than bringing your wife a bottle of Blue Nun.

Quote:

You weren't speaking generally. It's there for anyone to see that you used the word 'trustafarian' to refer to Itchyboots. That you try to claim otherwise now is pathetic.

You saw someone writing about trustafarian holidaymakers being worshipped for nothing on Youtube by sad sacks. You then immediately connected this with Itchyboots, your "friend"! Some "friend" you are! And now you're insisting I was referring to Itchyboots, as if my post couldn't possibly refer to anyone else! Some "friend!"

Quote:
She doesn't; you know nothing about her.

YOU know nothing about her.

Quote:
I really must go, now. But I'll grant you the last word, if it means so much to you...

Oh, it means the world to me. Don't let the door hit you on the way out (unless you have a 6-foot cutout of your favourite Youtuber on it, in which case have fun).

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

I do not accept what you say. "Money raised by the sale of her house", and then living off "income generated by social media" - this is not how people in the real world behave.

Most of us? No. However, the latest vid has 10K views in half an hour. 250K + subscribers. You can easily make a living off of that.

She did mention selling her house etc in a Q&A she did some time around the end of her trip from buying the bike in India back to the Netherlands.

She's enthusiastic, or at least acts so well you think she is. That's the draw of the channel. It's not some boring twunt waffling on about specs, some teen/20 something kid thinking he's a badass, someone talking about mundane dross into the camera. She's making an epic journey, shows fantastic sceneery, and actually has a clue how to edit a vid and balance interest and informing her viewers.

Veneration? Not by a long shot. But yeah, decently entertaining, irrespective of what bits she has.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I haven't edited any posts. Look back and tell me in which post I said she was a trustafarian.

What happened was, I wrote that I disliked trustafarian Youtubers.

This is demonstrably untrue, and there for anyone interested to see. Your original post (in response to the previous two which were explicitly about Itchyboots) used the word "her". That's not a term that it would make any sense to use to refer to trustafarian Youtubers generally; it was, quite obviously, a reference to her i.e. Itchyboots. And, if it wasn't, you'd have pointed that out when I took issue with you doing so.

It's embarrassing that you'd try to squirm your way out of that, now.

And this really has to be my last reply on this to you, as I have no desire to enter into a battle of words with an unarmed man.

Last edited by BedsClanger on 19:08 - 25 Mar 2020; edited 3 times in total

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Veneration? Not by a long shot. But yeah, decently entertaining, irrespective of what bits she has.

Yeah, that's how I feel. Sadly, some just can't get past the fact she's a woman, or understand why any bloke could enjoy something by a woman without thinking she's a goddess/saint/Venus. To the extent they feel the need to essentially call her a liar. Weird.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

This is demonstrably untrue, and there for anyone interested to see. Your original post (in response to the previous two which were explicitly about Itchyboots) used the word "her". That's not a term that it would make any sense to use to refer to trustafarian Youtubers generally; it was, quite obviously, a reference to her i.e. Itchyboots.

If you insist that since I used the word "her" I must have been talking about Itchyboots, well, what else can I add to that apart from that you have a really, really low opinion of your "friend".

You say, there is only one female trustafarian Youtuber, and her name is [YOU FILL IN THE BLANK].

You seem just a little bit slow. Laughing

Quote:
It's embarrassing that you'd try to squirm your way out of that, now.

You are embarrassing.

I'm not squirming out of anything. You assumed I was talking about Itchyboots (as you keep making clear, there is nobody who could possibly merit the label of "female trustafarian" Youtuber apart from Itchyboots in your view), and I picked it up and ran with it. Why not, eh.

Quote:

And this really has to be my last post on the subject, as I have no desire to enter into a battle of words with an unarmed man.

Three times, four times, last post, really really really, this time?
You walked straight into the trap and you aren't walking out with your dignity.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see any reason for thinking she has a trust fund. It's not that far fetched that someone would sell all their shit and tour the world and she's hardly riding around on an expensive bike like you'd expect from someone like that.
Why does it matter anyway? The videos are well made and entertaining if you like that kind of stuff, so who cares where the money to do it has come from.

I dont understand why you are comparing her to doctors and such either. It's hardly taking away from the great work they do and there are plenty of youtube channels for people working those jobs you mentioned which get far more views than some girl riding a bike.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
I dont see any reason for thinking she has a trust fund. It's not that far fetched that someone would sell all their shit and tour the world and she's hardly riding around on an expensive bike like you'd expect from someone like that.
Why does it matter anyway? The videos are well made and entertaining if you like that kind of stuff, so who cares where the money to do it has come from.

I dont understand why you are comparing her to doctors and such either. It's hardly taking away from the great work they do and there are plenty of youtube channels for people working those jobs you mentioned which get far more views than some girl riding a bike.

Because he's a weirdo who has issues with women.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Most of us? No. However, the latest vid has 10K views in half an hour. 250K + subscribers. You can easily make a living off of that.

One can easily make a living from that, but the reality of Youtube is, it won't happen for most people. They would just end up losing everything if they tried walking in those uncomfortable boots. There is no guarantee of views unless there is, a lot of help and expertise has to be garnered in order to stand a chance of becoming a Youtube celebrity, and there is a lot of planning and calculation involved behind the scenes.

The major problem with channels like that one isn't even that some people watch it and enjoy it for the wrong reasons - it's that the unspoken reasons why it became popular in the first place present a misleading picture of what leads to success in real life. It's the stuff behind the scenes, the stuff you don't see behind the edits, the team and support and backup. Unfortunately, while it's probably meant as sort of escapist fantasy entertainment, it sort of resembles reality TV a bit more (i.e. has little to do with reality).

Quote:
She did mention selling her house etc in a Q&A she did some time around the end of her trip from buying the bike in India back to the Netherlands.

She may have said such things but I have doubts as to whether it was the whole truth.

Quote:
She's enthusiastic, or at least acts so well you think she is. That's the draw of the channel. It's not some boring twunt waffling on about specs, some teen/20 something kid thinking he's a badass, someone talking about mundane dross into the camera. She's making an epic journey, shows fantastic sceneery, and actually has a clue how to edit a vid and balance interest and informing her viewers.

Of course, we all enjoy Youtube as entertainment. But one look at her latest video has hundreds of comments from people who don't know her wishing her safety and health in the midst of the corona virus. That's a bit sad - none of these people know her, they probably all claim they do, and she doesn't even know they exist. That isn't her fault but more a sort of planned outcome from Youtube popularity. There's nothing naive or accidental as to why they're all posting these things (not just the "you have the most lovely blue eyes" ones from the Beds stalker types either). Sure, there may be interesting and entertaining things to watch on her channel.

Quote:

Could be, yes. But I do wonder about all the other motorcycle travel channels that never got off the ground simply because they weren't fronted by a blue-eyed blonde woman. There's that motorcycle adventures guy who shares a lot of decent footage and really good adventure motorcycling tips. He gets a tiny fraction of her views, of course. So many hidden gems that we'll never get to see because of the Live Laugh Love effect. I'm not saying she can't be entertaining or have good footage, but that her popularity does not come from that.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:

No, I don't find it credible that someone would completely liquidise their net worth and blow it all on a trip around the world without a backup fund or game plan. The RE Himalayan is a bike made for little people, and she spent some time in India and learnt to change a tyre there, so there are good reasons for choosing that bike.

Quote:

I didn't compare her to doctors. I said doctors and nurses working in these times are far more worthy of praise and adulation for their bravery and sacrifice and social usefulness than her. She's totally overrated, and for saying that I'm an incel and a bearded weirdo, according to some seriously creepy "friends" she doesn't know she has. That just consolidates my opinion, which I've expressed, much as it may make some people angry.

BedsStalker's last, last, last ever post (please don't go postal):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSTXuJeTks

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

She never banked on making a living from YouTube. She travels because she loves it, and sold her home to pay for it. That she makes something from social media is a bonus.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

She never banked on making a living from YouTube. She travels because she loves it, and sold her home to pay for it. That she makes something from social media is a bonus.

And you know this, how?

You "know her personally", you're a "friend", remember. Or have you dropped that lie?

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
BedsClanger wrote:

And you know this, how?

You "know her personally", you're a "friend", remember. Or have you dropped that lie?

I was replying to another poster. I'm not interested in going over this with you again. I'm quite happy for you to disbelieve me.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:
I was replying to another poster. I'm not interested in going over this with you again. I'm quite happy for you to disbelieve me.

Views are more important than telling the truth, right?

No need to answer questions about the obvious lies you're telling here. You created this throwaway account for a reason. A specific reason that becomes ever more clear the more you post here.

But the fact you're here in the first place is more interesting than the views you think you'll gain from negative publicity. I don't think Stuart Garner is too happy with the negative publicity he's getting right now. I've yet to see him thank his naysayers for upping his social media profile.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
BedsClanger wrote:

Views are more important than telling the truth, right?

No need to answer questions about the obvious lies you're telling here. You created this throwaway account for a reason. A specific reason that becomes ever more clear the more you post here.

But the fact you're here in the first place is more interesting than the views you think you'll gain from negative publicity. I don't think Stuart Garner is too happy with the negative publicity he's getting right now. I've yet to see him thank his naysayers for upping his social media profile.

Yawn.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to lie, happy to use a throwaway account to cop a bit of traffic her own (oh sorry, should that be "his friend's") way.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Happy to lie, happy to use a throwaway account to cop a bit of traffic her own (oh sorry, should that be "his friend's") way.

What, you think I'm actually her? FFS, you're mental.

But feel free to rage on, mate, the rants of keyboard warriors are water off a duck's back to me.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:

But feel free to rage on, mate, the rants of keyboard warriors are water off a duck's back to me.

OK, you claimed to be her friend. That was a lie. Yet you claimed you know all about her finances. When asked for details, you ducked the question over and over. So, you were lying.

As I said before, her accountant, her banker and herself would know all about her finances. A "friend" wouldn't. As you aren't her friend, you're her internet stalker at best, or else you are her.

Now you're denying you are her, and you've more or less given up on pretending you know her personally. So which is it? Are you going to finally just admit you're a liar with fantasies about a Youtube personality?

I'm a keyboard warrior, I created this account to create a "buzz" to boost traffic to a completely shit Youtube channel, sure.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
BedsClanger wrote:

OK, you claimed to be her friend. That was a lie. Yet you claimed you know all about her finances. When asked for details, you ducked the question over and over. So, you were lying.

As I said before, her accountant, her banker and herself would know all about her finances. A "friend" wouldn't. As you aren't her friend, you're her internet stalker at best, or else you are her.

Now you're denying you are her, and you've more or less given up on pretending you know her personally. So which is it? Are you going to finally just admit you're a liar with fantasies about a Youtube personality?

I'm a keyboard warrior, I created this account to create a "buzz" to boost traffic to a completely shit Youtube channel, sure.
Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one female trustafarian Youtuber, and her name is [MY CLIENT]

Not sure I'd want to pay a marketing wanker for that sort of publicity.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
There is only one female trustafarian Youtuber, and her name is [MY CLIENT]

Not sure I'd want to pay a marketing wanker for that sort of publicity.
Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Like a dog laughing with relief that the motorbike has gone away because of its fierce bark "keyboard warrior! keyboard warrior!" Surely it deserves a biscuit for its loyalty and devotion. But it's not getting any.

BedsClanger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
^Like a dog laughing with relief that the motorbike has gone away because of its fierce bark "keyboard warrior! keyboard warrior!" Surely it deserves a biscuit for its loyalty and devotion. But it's not getting any.
Laughing

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedsClanger wrote:
It's a fact that, in very many countries, lone travel is more dangerous for women.

True. I can attest that this point... Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4