Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone Work In A Pub?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Boxing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Anyone Work In A Pub? Reply with quote

Hi all, noticed all the pubs near me have new white CCTV camera's with mic's on them. Apparently police have live access to the picture and audio.

I'm teetotal. So not bothered about them watching me or pulling me for drink driving test. Just not overly keen to be going in pubs where police are watching 24/7. Also they've been sending undies in the pub which you can spot from a mile away. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: Anyone Work In A Pub? Reply with quote

Boxing wrote:
they've been sending undies in the pub

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/652/230114_908223010.png

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey that seems a bit OTT and intruding! What are they looking for?
Now are these definitely connected to a terminal?
Could it be a licensing condition stipulated by whoever grants them these days?
I'd only be concerned if they were in the toilets.

Covert police, store detectives etc. I always get followed -I look mean and nasty. Like you say can spot them a mile off.

Peanut_Butter
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to go to a karaoke bar in Manchester for works do and was denied entry because I didn't have any ID on me.
They wanted to scan a copy of all peoples photo IDs and if you didn't have any you couldn't come in. That was strange. Glad I had an excuse not to hand it over tbh.

*I'm 32 I don't carry ID on a night out incase I lose it... For all those wondering

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:27 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody is a little paranoid...

Boxing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Blimey that seems a bit OTT and intruding! What are they looking for?
Now are these definitely connected to a terminal?
Could it be a licensing condition stipulated by whoever grants them these days?
I'd only be concerned if they were in the toilets.

Covert police, store detectives etc. I always get followed -I look mean and nasty. Like you say can spot them a mile off.

I don't really know, but the pubs do have issues with drug use (cocaine) and presumably dealers. But what pub in the UK doesn't?

As for the terminal, I think the pub can use the footage and rewind, and the police apparently have a live link to the footage and can watch live at any time.

So the barmaid at one of the pubs was telling me, and I spoke to some of the people in the pub that have said the same and pointed out blatant microphones on the camera's.
I think the police are more trying to catch drug dealers, but what they don't realise is once one set of dealers are eliminated another set roll into their spot and when the old set come out of jail it's a turf war with exceeding violence. Hence the 2-3 murders and about 12 stabbings in the area in the last 24 months.

Boxing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Somebody is a little paranoid...

I have nothing to hide and don't drink & drive, if I was to drink I'd rather pay the £5-£10 to get a taxi home.

I'm just curious if this is a myth or not. A few people have said they have live access.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:09 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the pubs data controller who has direct access to the footage.

Their name and contact details should be clearly displayed on a sign at each entrance.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 23 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:

With those dirty old pants on your head , I’m not surprised Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:23 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local has CCTV in every room, It's part of both licence and Punch requirements and this is not a troublesome pub.

I know theirs does not go through to the police. I also know that as well as a hard drive it goes to a cloud storage.

TBH, I've got so used to cameras everywhere and I don't usually break the law, I can't be bothered worrying about it any more.

If I want to get away from surveillance I go on my boat. No CCTV, no police, drunk driving a given. Drugs as common as muck if you want them. It's a sub civilisation world on the cut.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely drink these days and so can't say if my locals have them installed now.
Drug use is rife - I do know that my local social club had the toilets changed to stop drug use. Cocaine being sniffed from certain surfaces.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:27 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a club in a town near me that I cannot go in.
(So I was informed by the door staff.)

Something something... 4 bouncers to get me out... bla bla bla.. Police cuntsubble offering to put me in his mate's van... bla bla bla....

I wasn't doing anything bad either, hence the resistance to being strong-armed out the door.
They maybe thought that I arrange flowers for a living.

CCTV would be a great tool for everyone.
The guys on the doors are not on the door coz they are nice to people. 🤣

Anyway... the place has always been a tip, full of power-drinkers and fat ugly hoowurs.
I have no need to go in there, it was just some place to go when the Mrs. and I came out from a night in the city.
Not my idea, it was her suggestion. She's not from around here. 🤣🤣

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cops won't have the manpower to monitor pub CCTV. It sounds like a camera from Argos Laughing

Peanut_Butter wrote:
Tried to go to a karaoke bar in Manchester for works do and was denied entry because I didn't have any ID on me.
They wanted to scan a copy of all peoples photo IDs and if you didn't have any you couldn't come in. That was strange. Glad I had an excuse not to hand it over tbh.

*I'm 32 I don't carry ID on a night out incase I lose it... For all those wondering

It's pretty common for clubs to use ID verification machines. A lot of clubs have metal detectors too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 90s there were lots of pubs that opened and then immediately put heavies on the door. Those were the ones I avoided. Apart fron being a sign that trouble was expected, I felt it showed a certain lack of respect for the customer. If you don't trust the customer, why should the customer trust you? And if you're expecting trouble, why shouldn't I? Security cameras are less intrusive and obnoxious, but ones permanently hooked up to police are a bit much IMO. Beyond recording sound, why do they need to hear what's being said? How long before such devices are used to record "crime non-crimes"? How long before they are hooked up to voice recognition systems which flag up certain words and feed them into complex predictive analysis programs for the benefit of, say, Dominic Cummings? Sounds like the sort of thing they have been developing for years, perhaps at shisha bars in London.

In short, I, personally, would feel uncomfortable about such surveillance devices in a pub. It would be a sign for the type of pub I'd avoid. Only like the ancient, cosy, quiet ones these days anyway.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
In the 90s there were lots of pubs that opened and then immediately put heavies on the door. Those were the ones I avoided. Apart fron being a sign that trouble was expected, I felt it showed a certain lack of respect for the customer. If you don't trust the customer, why should the customer trust you? And if you're expecting trouble, why shouldn't I? Security cameras are less intrusive and obnoxious, but ones permanently hooked up to police are a bit much IMO. Beyond recording sound, why do they need to hear what's being said? How long before such devices are used to record "crime non-crimes"? How long before they are hooked up to voice recognition systems which flag up certain words and feed them into complex predictive analysis programs for the benefit of, say, Dominic Cummings? Sounds like the sort of thing they have been developing for years, perhaps at shisha bars in London.

In short, I, personally, would feel uncomfortable about such surveillance devices in a pub. It would be a sign for the type of pub I'd avoid. Only like the ancient, cosy, quiet ones these days anyway.

Minority Report

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peanut_Butter wrote:

My daughter's 32. She got asked at Tesco for ID when we bought a bottle of wine to take to her father's for dinner.

She looked at the man scathingly, pointed at me, and said "I'm 32, and this is my mother".
He didn't press the issue.

Laughing Laughing

Omega
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:57 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound very wound up about something that is only a theory Laughing.

I've never known the police to have access to any cameras inside properties. Only major roads/town centre outdoor areas. Could be different near you I guess if your police force has the funding and numbers to be wasting time like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:01 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a pub? I've forgotten. Crying or Very sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameras in pubs and restaurants probably 50:50 to watch patrons and the staff.
Patrons wrestle with each other whilst Staff wrestle the takings from the landlord. Shifty

Peanut_Butter
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Peanut_Butter wrote:

My daughter's 32. She got asked at Tesco for ID when we bought a bottle of wine to take to her father's for dinner.

She looked at the man scathingly, pointed at me, and said "I'm 32, and this is my mother".
He didn't press the issue.

Laughing Laughing

I'm secretly hoping that by not carrying ID someone will need to see it because I'm so obviously youthful looking Rolling Eyes Bit like how it never rains when you have your umbrella with you.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:01 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCTV in pubs and clubs: if ppl were sensible with their drinking and not mixing it with Charlie... tough fucking shit if you don't like cameras.

Recording audio though is a breach of human rights as in the right to have a private conversation. Employers can put up secret cameras to find out who's stealing the stock, they cannot put in secret microphones to find out who's bad-mouthing them.

As for CCTV linked to cop-shops: no. The Police barely have the resources to process footage from serious incidents they certainly don't have the backroom staff available to trawl through live surveillance on a whim. Either it's an outright lie (to put the wind up potential miscreants) or maybe the local Pubwatch has access to their CCTV remote access app and as the local plod are part of Pubwatch someones added 2 + 2 to get 5.

Regarding the ID machines I first encountered one at the Aquarium on Old Street. Day One they scan your ID and after that you don't need it as you just get in with a fingerprint. Obviously no problems handing over all that vital info + biometrics to a third party Shocked Licencing officers and/or plod might pressure the more "happening" places into such schemes but it's not widespread.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:59 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do they scan for these ID's?

We don't have ID cards, at least I don't. Not that I look 18, mores the pity, Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:31 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll scan whatever it is you're using as your photo ID. No idea how it works if you're old enough to not bother taking your driving license on a night out but I suspect the answer involves not being allowed in.

As to why they do it, I reckon it's 50% so that they can put a name to the face in the event of someone doing anything silly and it's 50% to discourage people from doing anything silly.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People... licensing laws in UK allow the owner of any place the right to refuse entry or chuck anyone out. They do not need any reason except 'we don't want this cnut in our pub'.
Or words to that effect.

Who wants to go where they are not welcome? 🤔

Unless to coz bova.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:10 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you will need a "government recognised" form of photo ID, e.g. DVLA photocard, passport, immigration documents.

The document is scanned into the machine. Smarter systems have a "watch list" of troublemakers known to the local Pubwatch. Various other unnecessary information is also asked for...

Several functions come from the system. Not needing ID once verified. Checking a venue is not over capacity (if they use the "clock out" feature) and tracing people's movement patterns... just in case that chip they embedded on your last medical check up is faulty Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2