Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Profound Comments

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Profound Comments Reply with quote

In an effort to redress the somewhat low levels of esteem or wonderful leaders have with the general public I would like to propose a thread highlighting their most memorable and most valuable offerings to us people who thrive on their ingenuity, their knowledge and their leadership.

I give you Sir James Bevan, the head of the Environment Agency.

His offering........Avoid building new homes on flood plains.

Profound Sir James, I am in awe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51620992

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not a patch on this

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10154756167617672
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 25 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take Dream.”
George W Bush

Quote:
“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.”
George W. Bush

Quote:
“I was a postman one Christmas and I developed a morbid fear of dogs.”
Diane Abbott

Quote:
‘The thing about Libya is that potentially it is a goldmine of a country
Tony Blair

Quote:
"I'm a man of the people"
Jacob Rees Mogg

Quote:
Before I refuse to take your questions.....
Ronald Reagan

Quote:
"The server, they say Ukraine has it."
Donald Trump Jnr
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:01 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are we going with "...and in other new: Pope declares faith as Roman Catholic on census form" as per the OP or Foot In Mouth awards like our esteemed leader's ill-advised "I'd rather be dead in a ditch" (don't fecking give people a dare you eejit!)

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:39 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

'What do you mean, you're on your period???'

Jeffrey Epstein

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once a passenger in the slowest truck in the world, driven by the slowest thinking man in the world, grinding slowly along the M25.

After an hour of silence he turned to me and said, "This motorway never seems to end does it".

Perhaps he was wise after all!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I once went to Lyon, and it's very much the same now. Except that it's completely different'.

Kevin Keegan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Member of the public ringing up to complain about a raised carriageway table I had put in,

"This thing you've built, it's no good, it should be removed as soon as possible."

"What's wrong with it?"

"I have to slow my car down to drive over it...."

2nd member of the public after a zebra crossing was installed on the same raised table a few years later.

"I objected to the new zebra by stopping and blocking it with my wheelchair bound wife. I walked off and left her in the centre of the crossing so cars could not drive over it. The drivers were all bibbing and shouting and one even called her a c. u .n. t. and she was very upset and this is all your fault."

Chief Executive trying to save on the overtime budget,

"This evening overtime seems a bit excessive, why do you check the streetlights at night instead of in the day when you're in the borough anyway?"

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
"This evening overtime seems a bit excessive, why do you check the streetlights at night instead of in the day when you're in the borough anyway?"

https://media.giphy.com/media/7G2cxOTQLPeOk/giphy.gif

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:37 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:

This is mid level management bean counter logic. Brilliant. He probably got an award for thinking outside the box instead of the sack.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:58 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

George W Bush
"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

The Donald On abortion:

“Do you believe in punishment for abortion – yes or no – as a principle?”

D “The answer is there has to be some form of punishment.”

“For the woman?”

D "Yeah, there has to be some form.”

The Donald on Mexico:

"They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Rumsfeld - Uknown Unknowns:

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:18 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
raised carriageway table I had put in,

You mean the big fuck off speed humps? Those are great for getting the front wheel up or getting some air coming off them.

What do you call the little fuckers?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Keegan:

"He's using his strength. And that's his strength. His strength."

"You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw".

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

"He who knows not, and knows not he knows not, is a fool and should be ignored.

He who knows not, and knows he knows not, is a scholar and should be taught.

He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep and should be awoken.

He who knows, and knows that he knows, is a wise man and should be followed."

Thumbs Up

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
yen_powell wrote:
raised carriageway table I had put in,

You mean the big fuck off speed humps? Those are great for getting the front wheel up or getting some air coming off them.

What do you call the little fuckers?
Kids?

I break things down into plain speed tables (help peds cross at grade), junction tables (plateaus), old fashioned road humps as per the 86 regs), round end road humps (to let the water drain past them), sinusoidal road humps or tables (so cyclists don't smash their bollocks flat, road cushions (so ambulances and fire engines can have a smoother ride, plus me and cyclists can fly through them), thermoplastic splats (smaller hand formed cushions that just fill a parking bay next to cushions in case the bay is empty) rumble strips so people on the phone sound like a Dalek as they go over them. I probably missed some out of the vertical deflection family.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: Profound Comments Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
In an effort to redress the somewhat low levels of esteem or wonderful leaders have with the general public I would like to propose a thread highlighting their most memorable and most valuable offerings to us people who thrive on their ingenuity, their knowledge and their leadership.

I give you Sir James Bevan, the head of the Environment Agency.

His offering........Avoid building new homes on flood plains.

Profound Sir James, I am in awe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51620992

And yet they not only carry on building i on flood plains, people carry on buying them. You have to ask, who really is the mug?

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:27 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

""There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Its bit laboured I'll admit, but I tend to agree with this statement
as who knows what may yet be discovered that someone
hasn't thought about or fully understood?

Apart from not having all the answers we may not have thought of the right questions yet.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.postimg.cc/d1NspttD/88184802-1941682919308981-7315654972513714176-n.jpg

No words needed eh, Sir James. Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That is exactly how the development on Exminster (Exeter) flood plain was, but they built a couple of hundred houses and the developer obviously had the last laugh by naming one of the roads 'Dryfield'. Rolling Eyes

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 11 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 10: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.” NOTE: The CDC advises people displaying symptoms to stay home and self-quarantine unless seeking medical care.

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “When I was hearing the amount of people that died with the flu, I was shocked to hear it… I would have said, ‘Does anybody die of the flu?’ I didn't know people died from the flu.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
Current status: As of noon March 8, 2020, coronavirus is in 30 states plus the District of Columbia. Known U.S. cases exceed 400. The death toll stands at 19.

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 10: “Be calm. It’s really working out.”
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 11 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
The average PC would shit a chip if I tried to list every stupid comment that twat has uttered over his lifetime.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 11 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I don't think it'd make too much of a difference if Hilarity Clinton was in the chair. Same can be said if crappy Corbyn were in instead of the lying buffoon Johnson.

It's a ….. Hmmm 'Interesting' time to be alive.

We get what we deserve. Very Happy

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"People are dying that have never died before."

Donald Trump 17/3/2020
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
To be fair I don't think it'd make too much of a difference if Hilarity Clinton was in the chair. Same can be said if crappy Corbyn were in instead of the lying buffoon Johnson.

It's a ….. Hmmm 'Interesting' time to be alive.

We get what we deserve. Very Happy

I'm more interested if she gives better blow jobs than Monica?

Call me shallow if you want.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2