Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a Thank you Alex Salmond vid?
For getting me randy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:06 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotsrick wrote:
Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
we are getting a €1billion non repayable grant from the EU.

With furlough so far costing an estimated £35 billion even if we got it it’s not exactly going to make a big difference.

That’s not even counting the billions spent elsewhere.

This is costing us big and it’ll take decades to sort out.

Don't worry, the bill for the EU is even bigger than ours as all those non repayable grants need paying for.

"An EU budget to fuel the recovery
Infographic - EU budget 2021-2027 and recovery plan

Illustration of the EU budget as a Rubik's cube.See full infographic
On 21 July 2020, EU leaders agreed on a comprehensive package of €1,824.3 billion which combines the €1,074.3 billion multiannual financial framework (MFF) and an extraordinary €750 billion recovery effort, Next Generation EU (NGEU)."

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/eu-recovery-plan/

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Don't worry, the bill for the EU is even bigger than ours as all those non repayable grants need paying for.

On 21 July 2020, EU leaders agreed on a comprehensive package of €1,824.3 billion which combines the €1,074.3 billion multiannual financial framework (MFF) and an extraordinary €750 billion recovery effort, Next Generation EU (NGEU)."

As if we would be a beneficiary from the EU Rolling Eyes That's why the majority wanted to leave, so we weren't paying for every little shithole that wants money.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:23 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In order to receive support from the Recovery and Resilience Facility, member states must prepare national recovery and resilience plans setting out their reform and investment agendas until 2026.

Sounds reasonable but you just know this is a golden opportunity to force ever closer union.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:27 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
. How has that SNP MP not resigned?

Could the £77K a year MP wage have something to do with that?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw two blokes go separately into Tesco without face masks. There was a copper just inside. Not a word was spoken.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen a taxi driver with a facemask whilst between fares yet...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Who's going to pay for that?

Presumably not the little shitholes that want money.

Maybe China will pay since it caused it. LOL.

Looks like once again it's a case of 'Ermmm Germany could you just...'

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Maybe China will pay since it caused it. LOL.

You're right but only by loaning the money to be paid back over decades, along with the trillions already borrowed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:36 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
In relation to Covid we just don't have a clue. Simple as. Look at France - more infections that when at it's highest 1st peak yet no one dying. Same in just about all the 'civilised' world. Very few going to hospital, almost none in intensive care yet we had 40000 culled in the first month or so. Totally weird.

This video provides a convincing explanation from about 2/3 through (24:00) - the whole thing is worth watching, other strangeness is also covered.
https://youtu.be/8UvFhIFzaac

Doggone put this video up back in the middle of September and when I watched it it seemed to make sense to me.

Are we now saying it's utterly wrong?

If so, it shows how no one can be certain how anything is going to pan out with this virus. So many different, plausible ideas get shafted a few weeks on.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
doggone wrote:

This video provides a convincing explanation from about 2/3 through (24:00) - the whole thing is worth watching, other strangeness is also covered.
https://youtu.be/8UvFhIFzaac

Doggone put this video up back in the middle of September and when I watched it it seemed to make sense to me.

Are we now saying it's utterly wrong?

If so, it shows how no one can be certain how anything is going to pan out with this virus. So many different, plausible ideas get shafted a few weeks on.

I'm still not sure. Ivor has posted more stuff since and it remains interesting. I'm inclined to side with him still, but if hospital admission climb significantly his argument weakens.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I'm interested in how much the virus mutates and how quickly.

BBC News wrote:
Covid reinfection: Man gets Covid twice and second hit 'more severe'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54512034

Now this is obviously an exceptional case but they do say genetically the 2nd infection was different from the first.

Something like flu is deadly 'cos every year new strains come out that are sufficiently different from the previous year that your immune system might go "nope, no idea what this is." Is Covid as mutable as flu? Doesn't seem to be the case Thinking

Let's assume the UK has a 100% successful vaccine by January. Do we jab everyone or just ppl who want it? There might be an aim to wipe out Covid but unless you clear it from the population entirely and have strict quarantine for people entering the country what's the point? The virus will mutate in 6 months, a year, etc. re-enter the population as something effectively new and all the vaccination efforts will go in the bin.

Unless governments have the will power to have at it like small pox or polio then this is the way things are from now till the end of time.

Maybe that was "the plan" all along...*

*Can I interest you in my new line of Tin-Foil facemasks and matching hat?

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched that video a few weeks ago and it seemed pretty convincing, but I'm watching my way through this doctors analysis on it and you can start to see a lot of holes in the argument https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUDg5ossirU
https://twitter.com/DrDomPimenta/status/1306950063361531905

Reminds me a lot of the anti climate change stuff where a lot of graphs and figures are thrown about either without any source at all (twitter doesn't count) or they dont actually look into the validity of the paper it came from.

I'm trying to find out what the guys credentials are too, his website says he did a Chemical Engineering degree in the '90s and then spent 25 years in management and and now writes books on keto diets. Not exactly the first person I would ask about covid.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, shouts of cronyism ahoy as some folk close to high net worth private investors and baronesses start a company up out of nowhere and land themselves a £100m+ contract to supply PPE.

IOM based, and the two key directors are in their first Ltd Co job.

Director 1:
https://knoxhousetrust.com/member/voirrey-coole/

Director 2:
https://knoxhousetrust.com/member/anthony-page/

There is a third director but I'm guessing he's capital providing or oversight orientated rather than running the show as he's got 25 odd appointments for everything from real estate to food and drink.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/seven-week-old-firm-with-links-to-tory-peer-lands-122-million-ppe-contract/08/10/

Well everyone deserves a chance in life, eh?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Could the £77K a year MP wage have something to do with that?

Probably not, TBH.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Meanwhile, shouts of cronyism ahoy as some folk close to high net worth private investors and baronesses start a company up out of nowhere and land themselves a £100m+ contract to supply PPE.

IOM based, and the two key directors are in their first Ltd Co job.

Director 1:
https://knoxhousetrust.com/member/voirrey-coole/

Director 2:
https://knoxhousetrust.com/member/anthony-page/

There is a third director but I'm guessing he's capital providing or oversight orientated rather than running the show as he's got 25 odd appointments for everything from real estate to food and drink.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/seven-week-old-firm-with-links-to-tory-peer-lands-122-million-ppe-contract/08/10/

Well everyone deserves a chance in life, eh?

Also a bit BAME deficient Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the early talk of herd immunity (which outraged the MSM) was right. Isolate and pay the truly vulnerable, everybody else goes about their business aware of the risks and precautions. The economy survives, as do the most vulnerable unless they resent the restrictions, in which case it's on them. Some people will still succumb but the risk is similar to other diseases and hazards. Then a vaccine is developed and we're on a par with influenza.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:48 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
everybody else goes about their business aware of the risks and precautions.

What are the risks of long covid?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a risk you'll get it.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I'm thinking the early talk of herd immunity (which outraged the MSM) was right. Isolate and pay the truly vulnerable, everybody else goes about their business aware of the risks and precautions. The economy survives, as do the most vulnerable unless they resent the restrictions, in which case it's on them. Some people will still succumb but the risk is similar to other diseases and hazards. Then a vaccine is developed and we're on a par with influenza.

The lockdown in late spring early summer has just made the outbreak now worse, it's far easier to fight off respiratory infections through the summer months so a great many more would have acquired immunity without the misguided and unprecedented interventions enacted at appalling expense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:32 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 8000 deaths a weeks when it's easily survival cause spring/summer?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 13 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

8000 deaths (I'll take your word for it) ascribed to Covid19. In the first wave many of those on their last legs succumbed to the virus among other ailments, as they'd have succumbed to other respiratory diseases. Isn't pneumonia what finishes many off? They'd have fought if off in personally healthier times. You've got to die of something.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:03 - 14 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
8000 deaths (I'll take your word for it) ascribed to Covid19. In the first wave many of those on their last legs succumbed to the virus among other ailments, as they'd have succumbed to other respiratory diseases. Isn't pneumonia what finishes many off? They'd have fought if off in personally healthier times. You've got to die of something.

My ol' man was in the hospital this week (well, some sort of chicken shed outside of it apparently) with COPD. I dare say if he snuffs it any time soon it'll be 'rona and not the 40 fags a day for the last 55 years that've killed him.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:02 - 14 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a stupid question but do many people actually die of Corona virus or is it more because of other things brought on or amplified by corona virus.

I know it's splitting hairs because if you die of something brought on by cv then you are to all intents and purposes dying because of cv but from the point of statistics, it seems to be a catch all now.

If you have heart failure and die, you die from heart failure. If you have heart failure and covid and you die, you die from covid according to the figures.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 14 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gym bunny mate of mine with no clear health issues other than BP a touch high has been in hospital two weeks now with Rona, and is now on a ventilator / ECMO.

Whereas the bosses son who caught it had the mildest symptoms ever, as did the mother in law who is a nurse and has underlying conditions that put her in the vulnerable category.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 94 of 172