Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nature was always going to come up with something to control the germs called homo sapiens.

Good on it. Thumbs Up

Considering it seems to take out those with heart issues, I'd say (IIRC) that you and me don't want to be laughing too hard about this case of natural selection!!

I'm not laughing but if it gets me, it does. I'd be laughing more if it comes out this is man made, in fact I'd chortle all the way to my boat (now with 2 bottles of Captain Morgans AND 2 bottles of Bombay Sapphire) where I'll pull up the gangplank, and run out the canon to repel borderers. Wink

I really don't see any point in getting so wound up I might give myself a heart attack waiting to be i̶n̶s̶e̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶i̶e̶n̶s̶ struck down by Connies virus.

I don't know if its because of this but I went past my medical centre this morning and they were queueing out of the door. I've never seen it that bad, even during the foot and mouth outbreak Laughing

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mrs has been talking daily with friends and family in China.This has led her to go in to panic buying overdrive.

I think on standard rations we could lock in for 2 months, knock that down to starvation rations I'm almost good till next year Shocked

My opinion is with fairly low death rate I'm not all that arsed. If I get flu that's a few weeks off work, in bed, high as a kite..... on full pay.

If it kills me well I'll be dead so unable to give a shit. The wife may give a small shit but when she gets the payouts on my life she will soon be on a tropical island being serviced by Leroy and Winston and no longer giving a shit.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're as likely to pick it up in Bluewater shopping mall or in the queue at your local Chinese takeaway as you are going on holiday.

The media is to blame for the PanPANIC that's currently in progress.

if you look at the actual numbers in terms of % of population per country with infections, it's minimal.

More people of every age group are going to die in car accidents but we're all still bloody driving.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:07 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daily dose of Coronavirus craziness: https://monitoring.bbc.co.uk/product/c201hmp9

Tldr it's caused by vaccines, chemtrails and 5G. Shocked

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Daily dose of Coronavirus craziness: https://monitoring.bbc.co.uk/product/c201hmp9

Tldr it's caused by vaccines, chemtrails and 5G. Shocked

My mate is convinced by Chemtrails - i keep telling him it's no more dangerous than shower steam / kettle boiling but he just won't have it.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
The NHS is well prepared they keep saying Laughing

No it's not. The NHS is in crisis.

The NHS is always in crisis.

The day the NHS isn't in crisis is the same day Allied Carpets don't have a sale on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:48 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

The day the NHS isn't in crisis is the same day Allied Carpets don't have a sale on.

Allied Carpets (finally) deceased sometime in 2012.

Do try to keep up, there's a good chap . . .

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
doggone wrote:
The NHS is well prepared they keep saying Laughing

No it's not. The NHS is in crisis.

The NHS is always in crisis.

If no crisis then no NHS.

Egg and Chicken.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
bhinso wrote:

Allied Carpets (finally) deceased sometime in 2012.

Do try to keep up, there's a good chap . . .

It became a term of phrase.

Allied Carpets: Comedic Carpet Retailers 1858-2012.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:11 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Only in your world.

When the rest of us think of false sales it is not the first retailer that springs to mind.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
MCN wrote:

Only in your world.

When the rest of us think of false sales it is not the first retailer that springs to mind.

Does it really matter?

Or are you just trolling?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Friday...relax. <<<Possibly the worst thing to tell someone who is uptight. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
JackButler wrote:

Only in your world.

Does it really matter?

Or are you just trolling?

SCS. They have sales of sales. Cool

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFS are the new Allied Carpets.
As are Waves the music software company who make all sales departments lazy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
SCS. They have sales of sales. Cool

SaleCeption.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:53 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test positive for Coronavirus in North Korea and you get executed. Shocked

https://monitoring.bbc.co.uk/product/c201hte3

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Well, I guess that ups the mortality rate for coronavirus Laughing Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Normally I'd just laugh and say fake news but you can never be sure with that nutter in charge.

He did blow his Uncle apart from the barrel of a field gun.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus from the looks of that picture he gets his hairstyle flattened and checked by a spirit level.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of death. It used to freak me. The thing is, it's guaranteed. It's coming to me, to you, everyone. It's pointless being scared.
I don't want to die just yet though. I still have a few wants fixing on my bucket list. Someone blowing me but with their dentures removed. That sort of thing.
Be a right bummer if I went this month Sad

Is Viruspal available?

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

"Could" be a load of rubbish.
So far no deaths in the UK.
Soon we will be chip shop wrapper news in a months time. Thumbs Up

Yes, you're right. In the cold light of day, coming up with a random percentage of population infection is ridiculous nonsense, my apologies.

But the death rates and infectivity rates in other countries still indicate this is much worse than flu. And the (required) actions of governments still mean movement of people here could be an issue and the economic fallout of all of it is unlikely to simply be a blip (given the overall leverage and indebtedness).

If it turns out to be just chip wrapper news, bloody great! Would be nice to be able to ride bikes over summer.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Yes, you're right. In the cold light of day, coming up with a random percentage of population infection is ridiculous nonsense, my apologies.

But the death rates and infectivity rates in other countries still indicate this is much worse than flu. And the (required) actions of governments still mean movement of people here could be an issue and the economic fallout of all of it is unlikely to simply be a blip (given the overall leverage and indebtedness).

If it turns out to be just chip wrapper news, bloody great! Would be nice to be able to ride bikes over summer.

Infectivity rates are still low by normal seasonal flu virus standards, it's also, not appreciably different in the mortality rates either. So what if it kills a few, it'll still most likely be fewer than the number of people killed on the roads over the same time period

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

Infectivity rates are still low by normal seasonal flu virus standards, it's also, not appreciably different in the mortality rates either. So what if it kills a few, it'll still most likely be fewer than the number of people killed on the roads over the same time period

People killed on the roads is an accepted risk of moving the human body at speeds it wasn't designed to suddenly stop from.
We have spent 100 years trying to mitigate those risks; safety, training, technology etc

Getting dead because someone farted in a supermarket isn't a risk we are used to on the daily.

Rates are low in the UK currently and hopefully stays that way! We'll have a better idea in a months time which way its going.

But in terms of Covid19 vs flu, no contest.

Flu R0 between 1.4 and 2.8, mortality rate around 0.05%, seasonal vaccine

Covid19 R0 between 2.5 and 6.6, mortality rate between 3% and 14%. No vaccine exists, 18 months + to develop.

Yes, previous outbreaks of things have had almost no material impact on the UK and world in general. Hopefully this is the same.
Clearly China has been impacted, largely economically more than anything else, because they reacted so robustly to it (which itself is telling surely).

I read that Taiwan (I think) has largely escaped this and that its perhaps down to temperature increases. So maybe it will be slowed with a bit of decent weather.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:30 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

I read that Taiwan (I think) has largely escaped this and that its perhaps down to temperature increases. So maybe it will be slowed with a bit of decent weather.

Genuine question. Is there much travel between China and Taiwan? I thought they just shouted abuse at one another across the Taiwan Strait with giant loudspeakers.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:59 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Genuine question. Is there much travel between China and Taiwan? I thought they just shouted abuse at one another across the Taiwan Strait with giant loudspeakers.

Not from the same article, because I can't remember where it was.

"Some 60,000 flights carry 10 million passengers between Taiwan and China every year. "
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 2 of 172