Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be coming back from that walk with a tan?

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:59 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Will you be coming back from that walk with a tan?

Nope. Me & the dogs just enjoy watching the planes taking off & landing. Actually I think the dogs believe they're at the beach but are just too polite to mention the lack of water.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to take Bruno for a walk to City Airport.
At the dock there, they have regular canoe training, and the canoeists leave their water bottles at dockside.
Which turns out to be rather an unfortunate thing to do when a dog walks past who likes that crackly noise that water bottles make when you bite into them.
It was often embarrassing.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:31 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

At the dock there, they have regular canoe training, and the canoeists leave their water bottles at dockside.
Which turns out to be rather an unfortunate thing to do when a dog walks past who likes that crackly noise that water bottles make when you bite into them.
It was often embarrassing.

I could easily knacker out my dogs by just walking the land I own, yet they somehow know when it is time to venture far & wide & explore those bits I don't yet get to call my own.

We occasionally (like more than once a year) find ourselves at Holme Pierrepoint, which really should have been the UK Olympics canoeing venue, & I find it strange that all of my dogs have always found canoes strangely fascinating.

I put it down to the dogs sensing that the person in the canoe is out of control, being swept away & ultimately might need rescuing.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:43 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dachshunds?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Babies learn very fast. I am always amazed at their capabilities, coming from "nothing" in the womb, out into the world. Fortunately, they seem able to recognise their parents, differentiating their form both masked and unmasked, in a variety of attire, rather than simply and merely as an engorged tit (which some undoubtedly are...)!

Reminds me of this one:

Confused Baby Sees Dad's Twin Brother for the First Time

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aGp9rX6_460svvp9.webm

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Dachshunds?

Chihuahuas.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Dachshunds?

Chihuahuas.

Chiweenie?

https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images28/ChiweenieChihuahuaDachshundHybridDogDolly2YearsOld1.JPG

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough ground, is it?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/7d/e1/f07de1dc75f0fa7bdcc045e60c29464c.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news seems to have gotten hysterical and we are doing a terrible job because the virus has maxed out our (bottom 1/3 of the world in capacity) NHS at a time of year when it runs 90% anyway.

I checked the numbers in my District and that of family / mates in Arun, Bedfordshire and Thurrock.
All fairly spaced out.

Our districts added between 0.58% and 0.63% of their populations to the covid case list the week before last.

During a week, nearing a peak, 0.6% new cases.

Seems an amazingly low percentage and actually all the effort and common sense and obeying the guidelines and wearing masks when we don't know if they are effective etc but we do it anyway because it might, and perhaps calms some people down in Supermarkets a bit.

Maybe it seems folk are doing a decent job, in spite of the rantings of politicians and news anchors.

EDIT: Admittedly its less than a million sample

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an example the BBC today they are playing the psychology mind games trying to make people think it's worse than WW2 by overlooking 20m less people and average lifespan in those days probably under 60 compared to 83 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Lmoyw7QH4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's this too, confirmed less than 400 aged under 60 have died of Coronavirus without pre-existing conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ__3qC_ny4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all getting a bit tedious.

I can't stand it when you're watching some historical event or other, a televised funeral, Royal wedding or something like the departure of Mrs Thatcher, and the commentators just kept banging on and on about the same thing, and trying to do it in different ways.

"And the door-knocker of number ten is glistening in suspense, could it be that its about to be opened and Mr Johnson will come and tell us something really interesting for a change."

"Yes, Jimmie, that door does look particularly as though it were about to open and produce someone with some common sense or good news"

That is how this coronacrap has now become. Commentators are just producing statistics and waving them about to scare people. They have done it from day One, it was incredibly boring then, and now that they are so glaringly transparent it is even more boring now.

The last time I actually bothered to turn on the prime minister's daily message, I was horrified at the inanity of him attempting to ad-lib because he is a bumbling half-wit with no good news and even less real information, and that it was even worse than listening to Mister Trump ad-libbing because he's a bombastic gobshite.

*stomps off to Atlas Obscura*

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work colleague took his aged mother to have her first vaccine yesterday; while waiting in the queue, they were approached by a film crew for Norwegian TV (wtf they were doing there, only the sky fairy knows) and agreed to talk to them.

As they were recording, an NHS drone came out and asked them to stop, as they were on private property (it was pointed out to them they weren't) and after some verbal back and forth, the minion went away and filming continued.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist in any way, but what is it they don't want us to know?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also quite interesting

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-joan-bakewell-pfizer-b1785963.html

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, its that every hospital has a public relations department - it may well be that the Norskis had the go-ahead from them, and that the minion who approached them did not know this. Had the Norskis not acquired that go-ahead in advance, a bod from comms would eventually have been likely to turn up.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

The voiceless elderly need a shouty type, and as she fits the demographic perfectly and can make her agenda clearly understood, whilst behaving in a perfectly civilised manner, then good for her.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
No, its that every hospital has a public relations department - it may well be that the Norskis had the go-ahead from them, and that the minion who approached them did not know this. Had the Norskis not acquired that go-ahead in advance, a bod from comms would eventually have been likely to turn up.

It wasn't a hospital, they were queueing on the pavement outside a health centre, so they wouldn't have had a PR department, only a standing order to avoid communication

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Shaft wrote:

The voiceless elderly need a shouty type, and as she fits the demographic perfectly and can make her agenda clearly understood, whilst behaving in a perfectly civilised manner, then good for her.

Sorry, but that's bollox.

We were told when the vaccine was announced that it was very simple, have a shot, have another in three weeks, problem solved.

Now the government have decided we can wait for twelve weeks between shots, despite the producers of the vaccine saying they have no data to support that decision.

Who the fuck are we meant to believe?

My money would be on the people who make the drug

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:06 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough.
I'm honest enough to admit that I actually have followed very little of the whole thing at all.

The to-ing and fro-ing of whatever has been going on has mostly gone over the top of my vacuous little head.
So I am very happy to be told otherwise, as I am a Jenny come Lately in terms of what the actual fuck has been going on.

Really, there are much more interesting things going on, on planet hellkat than in the outside world.

I just go about my business, washing hands and wearing mask and taking a step back from people, and doing whatever I am supposed to.
I simply can't be doing with the rechewing of cud on every single piece of drivel that is generated by this. Hence my views may well seem a little infantile, i.e., uninformed, ignorant.

I've put up a Mexican wall against brain-damaging information overload.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, though ... as I got the vaccine yesterday, I was fairly disconcerted to hear that the second one may be "21 days to 12 weeks" apart.

But as I got it from the hospital where I work, there is more likelihood that their motivation will be to inoculate all staff (in full, in a timely fashion) than driven by a need to dispense them more widely to the public.

So I expect that its a line all of the injecting-peeps have to trot out, regardless.

But what interests me about Joanie whatshername is that she's opened a crowdfunding account to cover the legal fees, I wonder who is going to pay into that. Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:15 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

Sorry, but that's bollox.

We were told when the vaccine was announced that it was very simple, have a shot, have another in three weeks, problem solved.

Now the government have decided we can wait for twelve weeks between shots, despite the producers of the vaccine saying they have no data to support that decision.

Who the fuck are we meant to believe?

My money would be on the people who make the drug

Inb4 Islander: "Conspiracy theorist!!!11!!1!1111!11!" Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:43 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I have to admit, though ... as I got the vaccine yesterday, I was fairly disconcerted to hear that the second one may be "21 days to 12 weeks" apart.

But as I got it from the hospital where I work, there is more likelihood that their motivation will be to inoculate all staff (in full, in a timely fashion) than driven by a need to dispense them more widely to the public.

So I expect that its a line all of the injecting-peeps have to trot out, regardless.

But what interests me about Joanie whatshername is that she's opened a crowdfunding account to cover the legal fees, I wonder who is going to pay into that. Shocked

And if recent reports are anything to go by, you might well have to repeat the whole procedure in 12 months...

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Work colleague took his aged mother to have her first vaccine yesterday; while waiting in the queue, they were approached by a film crew for Norwegian TV (wtf they were doing there, only the sky fairy knows) and agreed to talk to them.

As they were recording, an NHS drone came out and asked them to stop, as they were on private property (it was pointed out to them they weren't) and after some verbal back and forth, the minion went away and filming continued.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist in any way, but what is it they don't want us to know?

They're protecting patient confidentiality. It may be that your colleagues mother agreed to waive that in an interview, but there may also have been other patients to consider. If they were on a public street then that's fair enough - you have to remember that a lot of people really don't understand when photography/video/filming is permissible and when it isn't.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 127 of 172