Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:08 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on. Rebel said that 1) 70% of the population will be rendered sterile by the vaccine and 2) its the Pfizer vaccine that targets a spike on a protein found in the placenta.

I woukd therefore suggest that 70% would be absolute bollocks because 1) the Pfizer vaccine isn't being given to 70% as there are multiple vaccines developed and in use and a good proportion are old fashioned science and 2) only women woukd ever have a placenta and they make up approx. 50% of the population and no where near 70%.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 21:31 - 24 Feb 2021; edited 1 time in total

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:15 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Hang on. Rebel said that 1) 70% of the population will be rendered sterile by the vaccine and 2) itsnthe Pfizer vaccine that targets a spike on a protein found in the placenta.

I woukd therefore suggest that 70% would be absolute bollocks be ause 1) the Pfizer vaccine isn't being given to 70% as there are multiple vaccines developed and in use and a good proportion are old fashioned science and 2) only women woukd ever haven't placenta and the meeting up 50% of the population and no where 70%.

Please, only post when you sober.

There's a good chap.

& it's only 20.15hrs

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:20 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this 'sober' you speak of?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

It's kind of like 'sane', but not Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:25 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone stops replying to Rebel then he'll get bored here and so will find himself a different forum to annoy.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel, tell me more!

Middle Finger Twisted Evil Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:32 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

It is the name for the split 100th of a second before the 'crack' sound that the top of a PET bottle of white cider makes when hastily opened.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Islander wrote:

Oh yes, Matthew Bell qualified in rural resource management. Laughing

How disingenious of you to ignore "The former vice president of Pfizer and chief scientist for allergy and respiratory disease Dr Mike Yeadon, who appears to be eminently qualified to comment.

A quick Google (well, duckduckgo) of Dr Mike Yeadon suggests that he isn't the most reliable of sources Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

You weren't exactly clear on that were you, sugar tits Laughing

For someone who thinks they know everything there is to know about everything, you're feckin slow aren't you Razz

Go on then: you explain the function of the spleen and how it does what it does. I've got time.

Just go and talk to your doctor. Rolling Eyes Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

What doctor? Wink Laughing

At this point, Islander throws his hands up and stalks off muttering Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

What doctor? Wink Laughing

At this point, Islander throws his hands up and stalks off muttering Laughing

Oh I knew that'd be the response - we've talked about it before. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:38 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/how-to-register-with-a-gp-surgery/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ste, I know I can Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

A quick Google (well, duckduckgo)

Aren't they all alt right conspiracy theorists on there? Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

A quick Google (well, duckduckgo)

Aren't they all alt right conspiracy theorists on there? Laughing

No, that's Gab, Parler, etc. Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you'd be the expert Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I guess you'd be the expert Laughing

It does fall into my professional remit. Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see the BBC 1pm news today?

Europe has so fcuked up.

A huge vaccination centre capable of injecting 4000 a day in Belgium empty. 1000000 Astra/Zeneca vaccines unused in Germany because no one wants them after the EU had their spat with A/Z and Germany and France refused to use it on older people.

Fcuk you lot, send them back here and let us use it on third world areas like Luton.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Europe has so fcuked up.

Tell me something new Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Did anyone see the BBC 1pm news today?

Europe has so fcuked up.

The front page of Bild, Germany’s best read newspaper, this morning was emblazoned with a large Union Jack and the words “Dear Britain, we envy you” written across it.

Also, Von der Leyen has form for contract scandals.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/future-eu/news/von-der-leyen-admits-mistakes-denies-responsibility-in-defence-contract-scandal/

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:35 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Most of the adverse effects are a result of an excessive or unwanted immune response. Your lack of a spleen means you are less likely to mount an effective immune response.

Do you understand the physiology of this?

At a very basic level.

Oddly enough, it seems the human spleen is a much more important organ with other functions to animal ones. A dog spleen pretty much just stores spare blood so if you have an accident, it can push extra out into the circulation really quickly.

The human one also acts as part of the lymphatic system too forms a reservoir for white blood cells, possibly including some of the antigen specific humoral immune system. So those white blood cells which have encountered a disease before, know how to destroy it and are lurking in your system waiting to jump in and attack if it appears again. The kind of thing vaccine is attempting to produce.

So lack of a spleen compromises your ability to react to and fight off infections. That ability is the same thing that is activated by a vaccine. Hence my conclusion that your main issue would likely be a lack of efficacy and that you stand less change of suffering from side effects.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who receive COVID-19 vaccine should avoid alcohol before and after.
Quote:
We advise that you don’t drink any alcohol for at least two days before, and at least two weeks after, you’ve been vaccinated, to try to ensure your immune system is at its best to respond to the vaccine and protect you.

Whoa! Suddenly I’m anti. Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/image_data/file/115586/jcvi-fig-1.png

Gotta say if any other group showed this kind of disparity there would be serious concern, but males more at risk? meh!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:34 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaccine priority group ten?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Vaccine priority group ten?

Good point. I think it’s under 50’s.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-care-home-and-healthcare-settings-posters/covid-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 149 of 172