Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 08 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Joking aside, Most BAME in UK are born here, brought up here so why would they have that sort of attitude?

You're correct of course. Its not like any young BAME club members today are moaning about events of hundreds of years ago.

Completely different. They are in it for what they can get. Reparations, priority in housing, priority in the NHS, Quotas in jobs etc. etc.

I wouldn't put it past Lammy and Abbott to be campaigning for all black people to get a sum of money from the government for 'past injuries and insults to black people'.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 08 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Within the next 15 years, Lammy WILL be PM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 08 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Within the next 15 years, Lammy WILL be PM.

Hopefully I will be dead by then.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see this one in the MSM.

https://www.facebook.com/RedDogMediaUK/videos/770155557146291/

This was the celebration of Pakistan independence day in Manchester.

If anyone in Manchester ends up with Covid/lockdown then this could be why.

Actually I've got a feeling Manchester is already on lockdown? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked. I have just read a sensible article by Dawn Butler, Labour MP for Brent Central, in the Metro.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/22/allowed-doesnt-mean-coronavirus-13162111/#metro-comments-container

Scotsrick
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
I'm shocked. I have just read a sensible article by Dawn Butler, Labour MP for Brent Central, in the Metro.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/22/allowed-doesnt-mean-coronavirus-13162111/#metro-comments-container

It didn’t seem much different from any politician to be honest.

I was dismayed however to see her suggesting we should all wear masks outdoors unless eating or drinking.

The problem is they have all ramped up the scare tactics with ‘ catch Covid 19 and you will die’ and now they don’t know how to get out of it.

Because of increasingly targeted testing more cases are being found but the rate of hospitalisation is going down. However the media is still focusing on the former but not the latter.

They are putting all their eggs in one basket hoping on a vaccine because they realise it’s not going away otherwise but if they drop all restrictions even one death is going to be put on the heads of the government.That is in spite of the fact that the other deaths directly due to lockdown (cancer/heart disease/suicides etc) will be many times over the losses due to Covid.

And don’t get me started on the economic damage which our grandchildren will still be paying for.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotsrick wrote:
I was dismayed however to see her suggesting we should all wear masks outdoors unless eating or drinking.

Why?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

She's just parroting government advice spiced with some hindsight-filled digs.

"My days, they haven't done very well have they, boys and girls? But I bring you my the Truth. (Vote Labour.)"
Rolling Eyes

"How did you use your inexplicably prominent political presence during the Covid19 crisis, Dawn?"

"I just criticised everything."

Scotsrick
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Scotsrick wrote:

Why?

Because it’s a stupid catch all law with no scientific basis. The chances of Covid transmission in the open air are practically zero.

Hence the massive spikes during the Black lives matter rallies, not to mention the crowds in parks and beaches...oh wait there wasn’t any.

If I decide to do a hike up into the hills with nobody for miles the law will state that I should be wearing a mask.

Do you think that is a sensible law?
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
( ... masks ... )

Because they're useless

In what way are they useless?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masks appear to be just a way to ensure anyone who coughs or sneezes does so into the equivalent of a handkerchief. That's the extent of it.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:57 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

cos we should have moved on to the mobile version of these.

[img]i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/20/12/26205728-8134247-image-a-49_1584709057410.jpg[/img]

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

cos we should have moved on to the mobile version of these.

[img]i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/20/12/26205728-8134247-image-a-49_1584709057410.jpg[/img]

Why? Why does what you think we should wear make a difference?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Masks appear to be just a way to ensure anyone who coughs or sneezes does so into the equivalent of a handkerchief. That's the extent of it.

It's actually to catch more respiratory droplets as people talk and just breathe, too.

If you've seen Rhino's thread with all the pictures in, there's a shot of people in the USA wearing masks, to help prevent spreading the Spanish 'flu. That was back in 1918. The mechanism is very well tried, tested and known, and has been used for infection control bothe before, and since.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Social distancing ought to be sufficient to cover normal exhalations and emissions due to speech. Coughing and sneezing would potentially project beyond that "safe distance," hence requiring a face mask. However, face masks appear to have supplanted distancing when we should be practising both; primarily distancing IMO.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Scotsrick
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:31 - 23 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If masks are such a great catch all for viruses why aren’t they recommended every year for flu?

That’s a virus proven to be spread by coughs and sneezes ie droplets exactly the same as Covid 19.

On average 17000 people die of flu in England each year (although that figure can be many times greater depending on which source you use).

Where are the hundreds of hours of tv coverage or miles of newspaper print for the people who die of flu?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 24 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

Ten: Christmas is going to be bad, I’m sorry to say it. This is because we will have the coronavirus and flu all mixed in together, with some similar symptoms. And as the virus mutates this could lead to many misdiagnoses and confusion amongst people.

TLDR;
Christmas = Don't you dare go outside your house
Pakistan Independence day = Go right ahead Thumbs Up

stablepeach
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:30 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotsrick wrote:
If masks are such a great catch all for viruses why aren’t they recommended every year for flu?

That’s a virus proven to be spread by coughs and sneezes ie droplets exactly the same as Covid 19.

On average 17000 people die of flu in England each year (although that figure can be many times greater depending on which source you use).

Where are the hundreds of hours of tv coverage or miles of newspaper print for the people who die of flu?

The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza.

Current death numbers related to COVID globally are already around 820,000 way way more and we've not even hit the colder months yet.

But honestly - we probably should be wearing masks to mitigate flu, but we won't will we because it would be an inconvenience.

If everyone was correctly distancing then maybe masks wouldn't be necessary - but they're not, they're acting like twats. Frustratingly the ones who don't wear masks are the very people who most likely should as they're less likely to be being careful.

I imagine they will start to enforce masks everywhere simply because people can't be trusted to use common sense about where they should wear them.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Social distancing ought to be sufficient to cover normal exhalations and emissions due to speech. Coughing and sneezing would potentially project beyond that "safe distance," hence requiring a face mask. However, face masks appear to have supplanted distancing when we should be practising both; primarily distancing IMO.

What about farting? If someone drops a colon-full and I can smell it at 2.0m distance with a mask on, doesn't that prove that masks and the 2m rule are inadequate for protection against airborne nasties?

stablepeach
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:50 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

What about farting? If someone drops a colon-full and I can smell it at 2.0m distance with a mask on, doesn't that prove that masks and the 2m rule are inadequate for protection against airborne nasties?

But the masks aren't to stop you 'receiving' the airborne nasties but rather to stop you distributing them. This is why it's so frustrating when people chose not to wear them... They're not choosing comfort over personal risk but rather personal comfort over the risk of contamination to everyone around them.

They won't get sick because I'm wearing a mask, but I might get sick because they're a self entitled arsehole.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. So if I strap a mask to my dog's arse, will I be able to smell his farts?

I'm not playing devil's advocate, just curious...

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stablepeach wrote:
But honestly - we probably should be wearing masks to mitigate flu, but we won't will we because it would be an inconvenience.

If everyone was correctly distancing then maybe masks wouldn't be necessary - but they're not, they're acting like twats. Frustratingly the ones who don't wear masks are the very people who most likely should as they're less likely to be being careful.

I imagine they will start to enforce masks everywhere simply because people can't be trusted to use common sense about where they should wear them.

Like they do in Japan, and have done for 100 years, and in some cases many more years. One of the healthies and longest-lived pupulations in the world, if not the healthiest and longest-lived.

Your other comment I do fully agree with.

Oh, but I forgot. "There foreners so it don't not apply to us".

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to wear a mask, ok, i'll do it. I don't like it, except for robbing banks, but if I must, I must.

But isn't it turning real life into a simulation of the internet? I need a mask that has a screen on the front that will display emojis... Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 242 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 81 of 172