Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:27 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
It's maths, dumb fuck.

If you can overcome your embarrassment, you'll find that most practitioners of the subject call it math.

Skudd wrote:
Had my second jab and looking forward to my booster jab for covid 19 when I get my winter flu jab.

Collectively, we're happy for you.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:55 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Skudd wrote:
It's maths, dumb fuck.

If you can overcome your embarrassment, you'll find that most practitioners of the subject call it math.

Only because they are American or influenced by Americans and are therefore wrong.

It is short for mathematics.

There is no such word as "math" in British English.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
JackButler wrote:

Only because they are American or influenced by Americans and are therefore wrong.

It is short for mathematics.

There is no such word as "math" in British English.

I think it's more the fact any word that is too complicated for the Americans means they have to simplify it.

That appeals to Jack Rolling Eyes

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Skudd wrote:
It's maths, dumb fuck.

Skudd wrote:
Had my second jab and looking forward to my booster jab for covid 19 when I get my winter flu jab.

Collectively, we're happy for you.

Are you one of the capitulated who use Curb instrad of Kerb?

Rolling Eyes

Wear your hat front to back?

Don't wear a belt so your troos hing 'roon your knees (Like an inmate)?

And crave Orios? Rolling Eyes

(And think Harley Davidson make good motorcycles?)

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Are you one of the capitulated who use Curb instrad of Kerb?

Rolling Eyes

Showing his true colors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathematics or Maths is down to the fact there are many disciplines in the numbers game: arithmetic, trigonometry, calculus...

Math would be short for Mathematic which is an adjective. #JustSayin'

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Mathematics or Maths is down to the fact there are many disciplines in the numbers game: arithmetic, trigonometry, calculus...

I'll argue the English language has no such logics.

You do the sciences.
You do the physic.

It's just batshit mental, more so than French with its easily misgenderable nouns.
That and it won't stand still, it's only 400 years since Shakespeare was writing stuff like this.

But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;
Nor shall death brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

He'd have been fucked trying to tap that in on a mobile phone.

Last edited by Hong Kong Phooey on 18:46 - 08 May 2021; edited 1 time in total

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:39 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's scientism these days not science. Razz

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Jmoan wrote:
Pot calling kettle.

How the fuck do you arrive at that conclusion?

This comment applies to your own position too.

There are also other people that are confused and lash out because they can't handle thinking and it hurts their mind.

MCN wrote:

Our client has made it a condition of being able to work at their sites. No jag no job.

Time to make human rights laws work for you or turn up in a durable NBC suit and bill them for the cost under health and safety.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:

Nope. You lost me. I object to the outright bullshit spread by hardcore tinfoil hatters, see our resident conspiraloon for example. How the fuck do you equate that to me? I've not, nor would I knowingly, say anything which is not accurate to current scientific thinking. My point to the tard being that an mRNA vaccine DOES NOT contain live virus, which is a fundamental requirement to his allegation of viral shedding.

Feel free to expand on your point, unlike certain fuckwits, I appreciate that people can get things wrong, misunderstand, or just misinterpret results. I don't think I have, and I did check my thoughts beforehand with a PhD biologist which some of you do know (I'll not be doxxing/linking if you don't, so don't ask.)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
It's scientism these days not science. Razz

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Jmoan wrote:
Pot calling kettle.

How the fuck do you arrive at that conclusion?

There are also other people that are confused and lash out because they can't handle thinking and it hurts their mind.

MCN wrote:

Our client has made it a condition of being able to work at their sites. No jag no job.

Time to make human rights laws work for you or turn up in a durable NBC suit and bill them for the cost under health and safety.

I work outside the hooman writes sphere, so to speak.

Kick-Off in a Zlamik Cuntry if that's your thing.
Very Happy

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

I'll argue the English language has no such logics.

You do the sciences.
You do the physic.

It's just batshit mental, more so than French with its easily misgenderable verbs.
That and it won't stand still, it's only 400 years since Shakespeare was writing stuff like this.

But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;
Nor shall death brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

He'd have been fucked trying to tap that in on a mobile phone.

Yes, you'd only need to go back a few centuries in a time machine to have no chance of understanding the English of that era. Then again you can see such changes in most modern languages unless they're kept on government sponsored life support like French or Welsh.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to the thread title...

Didn't know the situation in Canada was so bad:

https://youtu.be/6Yjvz-ySxCg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 08 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking I never noticed before, but I prolly use kerb and curb erratically Thinking

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 08 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Thinking I never noticed before, but I prolly use kerb and curb erratically Thinking

You should curb your use of curb for kerb Razz

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 08 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
hellkat wrote:

You should curb your use of curb for kerb Razz

I C wot U did there/their/they're.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How we all doing on the mental health front? I've been keeping a close eye my older relatives and I can tell you it's scary stuff.

My Father-in-law should have been shielding (the whole shopping left on the doorstep gig, in some sick Covid version of Knockdown Ginger) but... got the letter from the NHS about it almost a year too late Shocked Regardless he knew he should be tucked away but went "fuck it!" and rode out and enjoyed the empty roads even in the most severe of the lockdowns.

I'm glad he did.

Without that escape route one of us would have had to move in with him just to be on the safe side. Great! Everyone's alive but now you have two miserable people Sad

As it is we've all "carried on regardless" in the great British tradition and I would gauge he's relatively happy. I dread to think of what's happened to people who've stuck to the Covid lockdown rules religiously.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been OK considering I had to isolate.

Wifie had her running Rolling Eyes

I had my boat.

Otherwise i suspect one of us would have been under the decking. Laughing

Seriously, I can handle being out of circulation for months on end. I've done 9 on one ship without getting ashore and that was without internet. I'm basically a loner and like my own company.

Wifie on the other had is a hugger, a gregarious 'must be with others' type of person. It's been much harder for her.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 months in working from home.

Not had to deal with idiots
DIY all up to date
Garden has never looked so good.
Cars and bike all clean and being used
Not had to go near an office
No commute
Shopping still delivered & and no missed deliveries. On First name terms with all my delivery drivers
Not had to tolerate the company of people i had to pretend i gave a shit about.

The relatively few negatives involve not seeing family when I wanted or being comfortable seeing the few friends I care about.

The route back to being productive in an office and wanting to mingle with the great unwashed is probably the biggest mental hurdle that's yet to be overcome.

Other than that I could merrily do another 12+ months of this.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:01 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coronavirus passports by the back door?

NHS app ready to become vaccine passport next week

People who want to go abroad yet don't want a jab have already been bleating about 'discrimination' if covid passports are brought in. Now it seems the NHS app will show if you have had vaccinations so dispensing with the need for a seperate vaccine passport. This is not the covid app, it's the standard NHS one that's been around for a good while. I've been using it ages.

Some could say a clever/sneaky way to introduce vaccine passports without introducing vaccine passports.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57070185

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working in the middle East (resident status) we 'have' to install a couple of government apps to manage this COVID Bullshite.

"Tawakkalna (Covid-19 KSA) is the official Saudi Contact Tracing app. approved by the Saudi Ministry of Health to prevent the spread of coronavirus, and was developed by the National Information Center."

This tracks everyone who is registered on the app via internet.

It tracks:
PCR test results.
COVID infection record.
Vaccinations.
If you've been diagnosed with COVID then if you do not die your app indicates that you have immunity.

We were all advised to install this by the company.

There is very little drama over it.

There is a fcuking minority bleating about not wanting to be prejudiced by any similar system in U.K.
(Possibly in other Cuntrys where one is afforded a Right to Protest)
Its currently the excuse NHS Scotland (SNP) are using to buffer implementation of similar on their NHS Scotland covid Track and Trace app.

I need certificatation to get back to fcuking work.
I'm now paying a price for a minority.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the people bleating about ID needed to vote being "transphobic" on the issue of Covid passports? Thinking

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
How we all doing on the mental health front?

Best I've been in years. I'm good at being the life and soul but really most people piss me off and I prefer my own company. 1st lockdown was awesome, could happily do that indefinitely (though granted I basically chinned off the rules and pleased myself). I was actually gutted when Boris gave us Christmas, had been hoping I could dodge the whole extended family and dinner shit, I had plans to binge watch Netflix with the Mrs and eat Old El Paso Fajitas.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Coronavirus passports by the back door?

NHS app ready to become vaccine passport next week

People who want to go abroad yet don't want a jab have already been bleating about 'discrimination' if covid passports are brought in. Now it seems the NHS app will show if you have had vaccinations so dispensing with the need for a seperate vaccine passport. This is not the covid app, it's the standard NHS one that's been around for a good while. I've been using it ages.

Some could say a clever/sneaky way to introduce vaccine passports without introducing vaccine passports.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57070185

Well setting that up was stupidly easy - certainly beats the old appointment surgery app they were trying to use.

Thanks for the pointer to that.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:03 - 12 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Working in the middle East (resident status) we 'have' to install a couple of government apps to manage this COVID Bullshite.

"Tawakkalna (Covid-19 KSA) is the official Saudi Contact Tracing app. approved by the Saudi Ministry of Health to prevent the spread of coronavirus, and was developed by the National Information Center."

It tracks:
PCR test results.
COVID infection record.
Vaccinations.
If you've been diagnosed with COVID then if you do not die your app indicates that you have immunity.

There is a fcuking minority bleating about not wanting to be prejudiced by any similar system in U.K.
Its currently the excuse NHS Scotland (SNP) are using to buffer implementation of similar on their NHS Scotland covid Track and Trace app.

So you are suggesting the government make it mandatory to own a smartphone and pay for data on it so I can install an app?

Are they also going to make it mandatory to have the battery charged and to carry it about with me in a not smashed to bits condition?

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:20 - 12 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
MCN wrote:

It tracks:
PCR test results.
COVID infection record.
Vaccinations.

So you are suggesting the government make it mandatory to own a smartphone and pay for data on it so I can install an app?

Are they also going to make it mandatory to have the battery charged and to carry it about with me in a not smashed to bits condition?

You could always get a smart watch. Just make sure you remove it before sticking your arm up a cow's back alley Very Happy

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 160 of 172