Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 170 doesn't yet exist - it's all a lie!

Feck, I knew that would happen Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Last edited by chickenstrip on 15:30 - 27 May 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:30 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Fake news

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:31 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit posted as you posted, Nobby. I knew that would happen! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:51 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
If Tesco didn't insist, I wouldn't wear a mask in there. Somewhere more confined I might, although tbh, I haven't had a proper mask throughout but have been using my bike neck tube pulled up.
Good hygiene practice hopefully will have improved generally among the population through this mess, but in the end, you can't force it on people.
I really am hoping we will have to worry about this stuff less soon, as the vaccines are taken up further. They seem to be holding up well to the various mutations that come up if the information we get is correct. Then let it be a personal choice thing on masks. No need to stop a general campaign of promoting good hygiene though, ever really.

I hate the fecking things and I will not go anywhere that isn't absolutely neccesary while I have to wear one.

So basically the only shop I'm likely to go in while masks are still a thing is the local coop for food supplies. I'm not using public transport. I'm not flying anywhere.

I wonder how much of any protective effect of masks can be attributed to people like me just avoiding going anywhere they would have to wear one?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Let's just come straight out with it: masks are "comfort blankets" for adults.

Nothing comforting about them. I'm not a fan. It's easier than having an argument with the secca in Tesco or wherever though.
Easy-X wrote:
I've yet to see the political component the Americans have attached... maybe I need to get out more Smile

If there's a line to get into Tesco, it's usually caused by a feckwit at the front of it arguing the toss and bleating conspiraloon theories. The secca doesn't give a shit about mental theories, chuck a mask on and feck off out their sight, or "I'm exempt"... problem solved, no need to bitch and moan and hol the rest of the sodding town up.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

https://www.rouming.cz/archived/jo_tak_me_naockujte.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

If there's a line to get into Tesco, it's usually caused by a feckwit at the front of it arguing the toss and bleating conspiraloon theories.

Have you actually seen anything like that happen though? I haven't. Maybe we have a better class of shoppers here Laughing
If anything, I think this whole mess has brought out the politeness in people, generally speaking.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

https://www.rouming.cz/archived/jo_tak_me_naockujte.jpg

Confused

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I hate the fecking things and I will not go anywhere that isn't absolutely neccesary while I have to wear one.

So basically the only shop I'm likely to go in while masks are still a thing is the local coop for food supplies. I'm not using public transport. I'm not flying anywhere.

I wonder how much of any protective effect of masks can be attributed to people like me just avoiding going anywhere they would have to wear one?

You have fallen for Amazon's plot to rule the world! Shocked Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
MCN wrote:
Mask obviously work at reducing virus transmission.

Any barrier works.

There might be some grounds in any argument that determines how effective a mask is.

Breathing through a respirator that can prevent virus particles passing from one side to the other may be considered 100% effective.

Coughing freely into to the surrounding air 0% effective.

Coughing into an elbow a bit more effective than coughing into the air.

I'd say that wearing a mask is a good intervention.

However, the above is 100% opinion unless someone has done a well designed in-vivo study. You have effectively made a religious statement. Pathogens did not read the book and do not behave in live populations in the same way you might expect from lab work.

Masks reduce droplets. Droplets spread covid. That does not necessarily mean masks reduce covid, it's an inference too far.

You can (successfully) argue it's a good idea on the precautionary principle but it's not an established fact without first establishing facts.

12 months ago we were all absolutely certain hand washing and disinfecting of surfaces and objects were critical to preventing the spread of coronavirus. Eminent scientists and senior politicians had themselves filmed washing their hands while singing the national anthem/happy birthday. PIN keypads up and down the country were trashed with disinfectants.

In a lab you can COVID patients can be PCR positive for 14 days after infection. We told people to quarantine for 2 weeks. It has since proven impossible to infect cell culture lines from a sample obtained beyond 9 days post infection. Quarantine was dropped to 10 days.

They may well have done an in-vivo study on efficacy of masks. I've not looked... Neither have you.

OK let's abandon the clinically researched and positively proved practice of medical hygiene.
Clean hands, surfaces, mask, instruments and the rest, help prevent the transmission of infection.

Or amawrang?

J. Lister even did time in GRI working his theory and playing his trade (help from Pasteur's earlier work on microbial stuff.)

If one doesn't understand the thing one is dealing with then common sense would suggest we employ known technique and technology to deal with it until such times as we know better and have more effective theories.

There Is much argument about mask, wash, distance strategies (as is evident here) but like many theories, the system fails if not followed correctly.
We have to train our folk how to remove contaminated PPE properly to prevent them contaminating themselves.

I agree that it practically impossible to prevent 100% infection but doing nothing is 100% careless and in this case anti-social.

The great Murican freedom debate about compulsory helmet use on bikes is an example.
I don't care if someone wants to ride at 50MPH helmet-less but i dont want to be the first responder or relative who has to suffer the benefits of that.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:32 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

OK let's abandon the clinically researched and positively proved practice of medical hygiene.
Clean hands, surfaces, mask, instruments and the rest, help prevent the transmission of infection.

Or amawrang?

I don't know. Are you?

Very limited evidence for masks reducing surgical infections.

Good evidence that wearing a mob cap does.

Not a great deal of evidence that sterilising of surfaces reduces the spread of covid.

Clean hands reduces surgical infections but does it reduce the spread of COVID? Dunno. I suspect probably not.

Lister sprayed carbolic acid into the air. Then people decided it didn't do much good and stopped doing it.

There is a thing called clinical audit where you look at the things which are done, run the stats and decide if they are of any benefit to the outcome. What I'm saying is outright stating as a known fact that masks prevent transmission of covid without that data is pure guesswork.

So let's be straight. I'm not saying wearing masks is of no benefit. But I'm equally saying I don't know if it IS of a benefit. Stating it is self-evident they are of benefit with absolutely no statistical basis is the same as saying it's self-evident there is a god. It's an act of faith, not a statement of fact.

Masks wearing has become a religion. With the blinkered attitude and bigotry that comes with it.

TL;DR I'm not saying mask wearing is of no use. It may well be and probably is. I am taking issue with you asserting that it is.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:56 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
MCN wrote:

Or amawrang?

I don't know. Are you?

Very limited evidence for masks reducing surgical infections.

Good evidence that wearing a mob cap does.

Not a great deal of evidence that sterilising of surfaces reduces the spread of covid.

Clean hands reduces surgical infections but does it reduce the spread of COVID? Dunno. I suspect probably not.

Lister sprayed carbolic acid into the air. Then people decided it didn't do much good and stopped doing it.

There is a thing called clinical audit where you look at the things which are done, run the stats and decide if they are of any benefit to the outcome. What I'm saying is outright stating as a known fact that masks prevent transmission of covid without that data is pure guesswork.

So let's be straight. I'm not saying wearing masks is of no benefit. But I'm equally saying I don't know if it IS of a benefit. Stating it is self-evident they are of benefit with absolutely no statistical basis is the same as saying it's self-evident there is a god. It's an act of faith, not a statement of fact.

Masks wearing has become a religion. With the blinkered attitude and bigotry that comes with it.

TL;DR I'm not saying mask wearing is of no use. It may well be and probably is. I am taking issue with you asserting that it is.

So we Sort of agree then?

I have no evidence other than what has been accepted for about 100yrs.

Modern Medicine is still in its infancy too.

I'll still wear a crash helmet. And Wear a Mask if required to without feeling any real need to kick-off about it.

Gathering evidence on masking is hampered by the lax control.
Re-using unsterile masks and handling them doesn't do much to prevent contamination. Thos is most probably overlooked or not understood by the general public.

There are still far too many who men don't think to wash their paws after touching their PeePee, then sauntering back in to a public space. Sick

I'm busy waiting on a 2nd jag.

After that, I won't give two phuques. Cool

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gonna gain 30 Stone and call yourself Prescott Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:05 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I really am hoping we will have to worry about this stuff less soon, as the vaccines are taken up further.

https://i.imgur.com/HkCL1vq.png

Rain

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I really am hoping we will have to worry about this stuff less soon, as the vaccines are taken up further.

Rain

She must have felt deflated by that.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Rain

Holy crap there's some spectacularly stupid out there Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Holy crap there's some spectacularly stupid out there Laughing

Bell Curve, 50% of the population... blah, blah, blah Wink

It starts off as top tier trolling but once the meme's been rinsed through 5 screen shots with crap added it ends up being urban legend; "onions suck germs from the air" type stuff.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, if I was posting that kind of fake bait I’d want to let it run for a bit and then inform the gullible that they’re a bunch of thickies, but that never seems to happen, so what do the OPs get out of it I wonder.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:19 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

So we Sort of agree then?

I have no evidence other than what has been accepted for about 100yrs.

Well, aye and naw. It increasingly seems that what eveyryone thight was the case, isn't nbecessarilly the case when you get right down to it and actually look. Masks aren't all that useful in a surgical environment which is where most of the research is done. Definately useful for truly airborne pathogens but only at the P95 level.

Useful for covid specifically? From mostly skim reading, I think the less hysterical and anecdotal evidence is generally pointing in the direcdtion of "slightly useful". As in single percentage points of usefulness, marginal gains, not save the world usefulness.

Quote:
I'll still wear a crash helmet. And Wear a Mask if required to without feeling any real need to kick-off about it.

Mandatory helmet wearing gives me the rage. I could apply every argument given for mandatory helmet wearing to mandatory fitment and use of a 5-point harness in cars and use every excuse not to the other way. There is a hell of a lot more proof out there that a 5-point harness makes crashes more survivable than there is for helmets. What it boils down to is making people fit a 5-point harness in their car would be unpopular. It's piss all to do with safety.

Neither is in the same ballpark as mask wearing because me not wearing a helmet will never cause your head to be caved in if I have a crash. You can argue a precautionary principal more successfully for masks because it protects other people. Like there being a better argument for mandatory seatbelt wearing by backseat passengers than front seat ones... Despite the law for the latter coming in 8 years after the former.

Quote:
Gathering evidence on masking is hampered by the lax control.
Re-using unsterile masks and handling them doesn't do much to prevent contamination. Thos is most probably overlooked or not understood by the general public.

Only if you think surface contamination spreads coronavirus??

You could argue the only valid data for masking is real world data of how the masks are ACTUALLY used rather than how people think they ought to be used. If everyone drove cars the way they are supposed to be, there would hardly be any accidents but we don't exclude people driving like a dick from accident statistics.

Quote:
There are still far too many who men don't think to wash their paws after touching their PeePee, then sauntering back in to a public space. Sick

My dick is clean and was put away in freshly laundered underpants after it was last washed, I know everything it has touched since it was last washed. The piss that comes out of it is sterile. I should really wash my dick after touching it with my filthy hands.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:21 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Rain

Shrader her than me.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:30 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="stinkwheel"]
MCN wrote:

Quote:

My dick is clean and was put away in freshly laundered underpants after it was last washed, I know everything it has touched since it was last washed. The piss that comes out of it is sterile. I should really wash my dick after touching it with my filthy hands.

You say your knob is clean and Pants are not PooPoo.

That's OK, I will take your word for it (Seeing that you keep a Banhammer under your desk Rolling Eyes )

Maybe lots of dudes out there not so fastidious in the personal hygiene dept.

Sterile Pee?

Really?

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pee is anything but sterile. Sterile with reference to yourself yes, you cant catch anything you havent already got. It is the bodies waste and can contain numerous bacteria from baldder/nob flora and infections. If you are unlucky with stones, as I was last year, it can also be a bit bloody Shocked

A distinction needs to be made between pointing your piss hole and washing your hands in it.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
Pee is anything but sterile. Sterile with reference to yourself yes, you cant catch anything you havent already got. It is the bodies waste and can contain numerous bacteria from baldder/nob flora and infections. If you are unlucky with stones, as I was last year, it can also be a bit bloody Shocked

A distinction needs to be made between pointing your piss hole and washing your hands in it.

This. I don't usually wash my hands after a pee (especially in public toilets) because I know my penis is clean and I don't tend to pee on my hands for some strange reason...

Ouch on the kidney stones! Pale

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:16 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:

Urine is sterile. It's been filtered from your blood through your kidneys. I do bacterial cultures on urine all the time. If I find bacteria in it, there is a problem.

If you have bacteria in your bladder, it is called cystitis, this is abnormal and you need to go and see the doctor who will prescribe you some antibiotics. You'll be able to recognise bacteria in your bladder by the sensation like you are pissing broken glass mixed with chilli sauce.

There may be a few commensal bacteria lining the urethra, but in lower numbers that will be found on the rest of your skin.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 171 doesn't exist! It's all a lie!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 170 of 172